You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closedthe budget

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2008 at 11:24am
Cut the dole? Me arse!
"Let them work for their dole money!" is the usual call. What a load of bo11ox! If they have jobs like road maintenance, river cleaning, etc for the dole people to "work for their money" they they can pay these people a decent wage to do the work and give them jobs in the process instead of getting them to work for an entitlement. I was on the dole for years after school and it help me a lot but would loved to have had a job. 200 euro is enough to get by on and help those who cannot get jobs. Sure there are those who don't want to work and spend their entire working lives on the dole but that is a life choice. You have to admire our country (Ireland) for the way it looks after its citizens and if you feel that those on the dole are having the life of Reilly then you should try it sometime. Gouldinho, I know you are in this situation and you say you can get by on less but many can't. I know I did but I too was living at home and had all my meals etc but there are many who can just survive.
If they want to save money cut out their expensive cars, the tax breaks for the rich, tax imposts from outside Ireland, up the tax on gigs and drinks, revive the guarnteed Irish products, help small business to take on more employees if they need them, tax breaks for those starting up business and ban all government funding to all sports organisations (they should all be amateur anyway). Okay, rant not over but enough for now.Smile
There are friendlier places to drink.
gouldinho View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2008 at 11:47am
i think we should be made to earn our dole! think of the amount of money the country would save if the unemployed were deployed to do community service. There is a means test for the dole, i get a lot less than the normal amount because i live with mammy and daddy but its still a lot more than i really really need. things like drink and smokes are a luxury, im not working i shouldnt be able to afford these things but i can which makes no sense. we are too soft but something i noticed today when i was signing on. other than the fact that the que was twice the size as it usually is, the thing that was differe t today was that it wasnt full of p1ss heads and junkies, it was full of normal people men and women. and yer one behind the desk is a fox Thumbs%20Up
gouldinho View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2008 at 1:50pm
Its ok the government reduced spending 76 million on horse racing to 69 million. so everythings ok now Thumbs%20Up AngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngry
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2008 at 2:01pm

ok so  I'm a graphic engineer, in between work, what is of more relevance cleaning the dodder or looking for a job

Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
The Count View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2008 at 5:04pm
Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

ok so  I'm a graphic engineer, in between work, what is of more relevance cleaning the dodder or looking for a job

cleaning the dodder looking for a jobbie?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic