You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

A thank you from Gdansk, the Mayor's office

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A thank you from Gdansk, the Mayor's office
    Posted: 10 Jul 2012 at 2:04pm
I recognise one or two YBIGGERS' from the video

Press release

Thank you, Ireland!

Gdansk says “thank you” for the colorful, stirring fiesta in the streets to all those who visited the city during UEFA EURO 2012™.

Watch the video:

Download:

(Internet): ftp://bppm:bppm@91.201.154.160/AZE_THANK_YOU/Irlandia_1080p.mp4

(TV): ftp://bppm:bppm@91.201.154.160/AZE_THANK_YOU/18dB/Irlandia_1080p_18db.mp4

(login: bppm, password: bppm)

Production: Mayor’s Office of City Promotion

Special thanks to: Fan Zone Gdansk and Trojmiasto.pl
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Sponsored Links

Metal Paul View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
The Dude

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Metal Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2012 at 2:10pm
There's a shock, Aido gets his mug in as usual.
"There are no chicks with dicks Johnny, just guys with tits."
RogerMilla View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2012 at 2:59pm
aido is our king
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
deco911 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Reg Hunter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deco911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2012 at 3:18pm
not a patch on poznan
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2012 at 7:08pm
neither were a patch on Torun best city ever travelled to in 28 years of travel to Ireland Games.
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
Jerryfromkerry View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jerryfromkerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2012 at 8:11pm
Poznan all the way. I still dont understand why people would stay in a different city to the host city. Best 10 days of my life
No man has the right to fix the boundary to the march of a nation. No man has the right to say to his country “thus far shalt thou go and no further"
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2012 at 8:19pm
I was in Gdansk Poznan, Torun and Wroclaw and I have been in Krackow and Bielska Biau befor and they are all great cities.  
AKA pedantic kunt
Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2012 at 8:28pm
Originally posted by gufct gufct wrote:

neither were a patch on Torun best city ever travelled to in 28 years of travel to Ireland Games.

Agreed, beautiful place, great decision to head there.
elroy45 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elroy45 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2012 at 10:37pm
Gdansk was the nicest spot for me!!  Main street there (Druga?!?!) was just perfect for what we needed.  Fan zone was way too far out.
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2012 at 11:11pm
Originally posted by Jerryfromkerry Jerryfromkerry wrote:

Poznan all the way. I still dont understand why people would stay in a different city to the host city. Best 10 days of my life

Don't knock it til you try it. The value of the accommodation was the reason I stayed there and was p!ssed off that I couldn't afford to stay in the host cities. Delighted the way it worked out. Even ended up not staying in Gdansk for the 2 nights of the Spanish game as I planned (had free cancellation).

Though had a couple of good nights in Poznan for the Italy match.
daboi89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daboi89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2012 at 11:15pm
Poznan,Torun,Gdansk,Sopot

They were all Mighty
Salzburglilly View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salzburglilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2012 at 11:52pm
Never went to the Fan zone either,Dluga street was happening , we always ate at a great place on the quieter street behind it, close to the Mexican restaurant,Gdansk deadly.....Sopot.......slightly better.
Nathan Collins - The best Kildare baller since Johnny Doyle!
Babysis View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Babysis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2012 at 9:30am
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

I was in Gdansk Poznan, Torun and Wroclaw and I have been in Krackow and Bielska Biau befor and they are all great cities.  

Warsaw, Poznan, Sopot, Gdansk, Torun were all good in different ways, and Im delighted I got the chance to travel and spend a bit of time in each of them. Krakow was superb when I was there en route to the last Slovakia game. All in all a great country ClapClapClap
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2012 at 10:29am
Originally posted by Kerrzy Kerrzy wrote:

Originally posted by Jerryfromkerry Jerryfromkerry wrote:

Poznan all the way.

Don't knock it til you try it. ........ Even ended up not staying in Gdansk.

Though had a couple of good nights in Poznan for the Italy match.

Can we not all agree that wherever we all stayed was the best and we had a much better time than everyone else
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2012 at 1:33pm
Sopot > Poznan > Gdansk > Torun.

They were all great, but Torun was a *bit* quiet, even its most ardent supporters would have to agree. Now, I liked it and all (and getting a seat on the day of the Poland v Czech match in ANY pub in town near the square was a nightmare) but I just preferred the others.

Sorry Glenn.
UCDFAN View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UCDFAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2019 at 5:42pm
Long-time Lechia Fan and Mayor of Gdańsk (Prezydent Gdańska) Paweł Adamowicz died today after been stabbed yesterday at a public event celebrating Christmas.

https://dziennikbaltycki.pl/pawel-adamowicz-nie-zyje-prezydent-gdanska-zmarl-w-szpitalu-uck-14012019-oficjalne-informacje/ar/13805897#wiadomosci

"Paweł Adamowicz nie żyje. Prezydent Gdańska zmarł w szpitalu Uniwersyteckiego Centrum Klinicznego w poniedziałek, 14 stycznia (14.01.2019). Miał 53 lata. Informację o śmierci podał minister zdrowia. "
[Google Translate:
Paweł Adamowicz is dead. The Mayor of Gdańsk died in the hospital of the University Clinical Center on Monday, January 14 (January 14, 2019). He was 53 years old. Information about death was provided by the Minister of Health.]

He was the Mayor that gave the congratulations to RoI Fans in 2012.

Edited by UCDFAN - 14 Jan 2019 at 5:50pm
www.ucdsupporters.ie
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2019 at 7:01pm
Just heard about this earlier today. Charity concert for children.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic