You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Swedish House Mafia gig

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 13>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Swedish House Mafia gig
    Posted: 25 Mar 2013 at 12:45pm
Originally posted by Easy E Easy E wrote:

The chick was looking to go that gig last year with her friends. I wouldn't allow to go on her own without me. Far too unsafe. When you care for someone you'd understand.
She is looking to go to Mumford & Sons in the Phoenix Park too. I don't think that'll be safe enough either. Can you imagine the amount of scrotes at that.

Bring her to the next ABBA gig. Should have a safe crowd.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Easy E View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Easy E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2013 at 7:45am
The chick was looking to go that gig last year with her friends. I wouldn't allow to go on her own without me. Far too unsafe. When you care for someone you'd understand.
She is looking to go to Mumford & Sons in the Phoenix Park too. I don't think that'll be safe enough either. Can you imagine the amount of scrotes at that.
ringerbell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2013 at 1:17am
Anyone who's a fan of these guys got to tune into this. Their last every concert at ultra festival live at 1.30
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=p8KFjGLe1CU&feature=m-ch-fea
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
Barry View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2012 at 6:48pm
Originally posted by Clonbhoy Clonbhoy wrote:

If they just stabbed the Swedish House Mafia it would make things much easier

so true ClapClapClapClap
Ludwig von Drake View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ludwig von Drake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2012 at 6:42pm
Bunch of imbeciles the lot of them.
Clonbhoy View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
AKA Sir Basil Butterpeas Esquire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clonbhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2012 at 6:42pm
If they just stabbed the Swedish House Mafia it would make things much easier
Barry View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2012 at 6:33pm
is it because their music is complete GBH to the ear drum, that makes chavs etc stab people at SHM gigs?
The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Razor you wanna pint?...2 minutes later

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2012 at 3:12pm
3 stabbed at this scrote fest in England
Like It Or Lump It View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Like It Or Lump It Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2012 at 2:34pm
Drugs gangs from town,blanch and clondalkin carving each other up with normal randomers unfortunately getting caught in the middle. A new generation of scum and as others have said no amount of new laws on alcohol,etc will help. In fact it could have the opposite effect. Scum are Scum no matter where they are from and what their backgrounds are. I know a chap in event management and he said a new company were hired and they just had a load of inexperienced students working who couldnt handle the situation. Awful that dance music has now been tainted by these pricks.
heighway2heaven View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heighway2heaven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2012 at 9:17am
Where's Luggs Brannigan when ya need him?? Eh?!
http://giant.gfycat.com/LimpLittleArabianoryx.gif
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2012 at 8:59am
I did make reference to that in my last point. 

However I would be very wary of glorifying the past.  There is a danger of lads in their 30s and 40s who were no angels giving out about teenagers now.

There was plenty of violence in the Dublin of the 70's and 80's

Each generation thinks the one that is following it is fcked. 
AKA pedantic kunt
eire77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eire77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2012 at 8:51am
I agree Baldrick but you have to add in a generation that just don't have respect for society.

30 years ago a neighbour, guard, teacher or priest would discipline a youngster and the youngster would take it - and his parents would agree with it.

15 years ago the guard at least could still have some element of control.

Nowadays even parents are ignored.

I'm sorry to say it but this whole bold step / time out attitude to parenting combined with a breakdown of community has removed the moral responsibilities of many of today's youth. They just don't give a damn.

Time was when a young lad would hide when underage drinking, now he parades about, top off, shouting and arms swinging.
Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get me...
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2012 at 8:51am
I doubt a lot of the people who got in even had tickets.
MCD defo need to take a huge chunk of the responsibility.
I am planning on going to the David Guetta gig. Big commercial dance acts on the card, I know it's going to bring an element. Hopefully the fact it's not in the city centre might help keep some of the youngsters who just jumped on a luas and bunked in away. But for those who do make the trip, I just hope they give a proper frisking and concentrate on looking for weapons rather than trying to take cans off people who are just there to enjoy the music.
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2012 at 8:10am
Sham how dare you drink outside. 

I know loads of lads who drank outside in Poland and not a bother. 

There is a tendency for people to blame little things that irk them on the reason for scumbag behaviou.

The Swedish House Mafia gig was the perfect Storm.

All Day Sat Gig
No Oxegen this year
Commercial Dance and Rap Music
Young Crowd From Various Socio Demographic Groups
City Centre Gig
No categorisation of gig for police and security purposes. 
Poor security considering nature of gig
Sector of society that have grown up with no stake in society (they don't care)

None of these alone are the reason but add them all together and you get what you got on Sat.  Saying that there were death at previous gigs and Stabbings at previous gigs back in the  90s so its nothing new but it takes a combination of events and usually just 1 or 2 scumbags to tip it over the edge. 

AKA pedantic kunt
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2012 at 7:56am
Originally posted by Saint Tom Saint Tom wrote:

Originally posted by gufct gufct wrote:

There is a new breed of scum knocking around our country at the moment particularly Dublin. Gangs of Hero's who are brave as f**k when they outnumber the innocents they attack by at least 4/1. The ban on outdoor drinking has to be enforced and the price differences betweeen pubs and off licences has to be evened out.

People getting absolutely sh*tfaced before they step into a pub or club has to be stopped .Last weeks Volvo race in Galway was trouble frre and skanger free despite the huge crowds with upto 60,000 in the docks the night the sawdotors played and an average of 40,000 for the other nights. Bus Companies which allow  people bring huge amounts of alcohol to public events should be fined heavily.

Im no angel as most people who know me one here I love a drink  but until there is some level of cop on shown by the young people of this country the drink laws will have to be strictly enforced .In Poland and Estonia where the drink was cheap as chips lads still had to go to the offie for warm beer to drink outside why??

this is a huge factor. the tax on pints should be lowered and off sales hit with a revenue equalling increase
sick to death of hearing on the radio/elsewhere about the price of drink being the issue. The issue is simply a huge proportion of c.unts out there who were dragged up by the previous generation of c.unts, both of which had/have no respect for people, property or law and order. 35000 of us who do know how to behave drank ourselves silly on gargle that was virtually free in comparison to pub prices here, and no trouble.

All that increasing the price of drink will do is hit those who enjoy their few/loads of pints but who can behave hard in the pocket. If we give the stuff away or if it costs €20 a pint/can will make not one bit of difference to the inbreds who think its ok to bring a knife to concerts or gang up on a lad and demand he emties his pockets.

Agree with Tom though that the huge difference between pub and offy is wrong, but a lot of this is down to publicans and their greed. The last time I had a drink in Temple Bar for example it was almost €7 a pint (didnt stay too long in this place) but a few doors down its under a fiver. A few minutes away in a taxi but still in the city centre its as little as €2.

Regarding the comment about Estonia and drinking outside, I was one of those. I jhad  good few indoors but I personally and most of the group enjoy being able to stand outside and drink and enjoy the banter as opposed to a pub jammed where its a battle to get a pint in a plastic container which is half empty by the time you get back to group. Dont see an issue at all as long as were behaved.

BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2012 at 8:47pm
Originally posted by RogerMilla RogerMilla wrote:

eh hoskins, its denis desmond not dermot desmond, two completely different animals and i wouldnt fancy a lawsuit from either of them LOL
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Saint Tom View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saint Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2012 at 7:25pm
Originally posted by gufct gufct wrote:

There is a new breed of scum knocking around our country at the moment particularly Dublin. Gangs of Hero's who are brave as f**k when they outnumber the innocents they attack by at least 4/1. The ban on outdoor drinking has to be enforced and the price differences betweeen pubs and off licences has to be evened out.

People getting absolutely sh*tfaced before they step into a pub or club has to be stopped .Last weeks Volvo race in Galway was trouble frre and skanger free despite the huge crowds with upto 60,000 in the docks the night the sawdotors played and an average of 40,000 for the other nights. Bus Companies which allow  people bring huge amounts of alcohol to public events should be fined heavily.

Im no angel as most people who know me one here I love a drink  but until there is some level of cop on shown by the young people of this country the drink laws will have to be strictly enforced .In Poland and Estonia where the drink was cheap as chips lads still had to go to the offie for warm beer to drink outside why??

this is a huge factor. the tax on pints should be lowered and off sales hit with a revenue equalling increase
My destination inchicore my next stop being kilmainham
Where patriots and super saints are the topics of conversation
Max Power View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
A.K.A. Mod Powers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Max Power Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2012 at 6:58pm
Originally posted by JH91 JH91 wrote:

Originally posted by Black Knee Stevie Black Knee Stevie wrote:

Originally posted by JH91 JH91 wrote:

Originally posted by Max Power Max Power wrote:

Was a thursday night so no one I knew to be honest, was still a savage spot thought. Thought it would be bigger but was a deadly layout. Still nothing on Space & Amnesia Heart Heart

Says it all about the night you had.
One of the lads from Swedish House mafia was playing you thick f**k

LOLLOL Ingrosso, Angello? 
Best DJ's from Sweden are Cirez D, Adam Beyer and Cari Lekebush 

Nah was your man Axwell

The one thing I wont remember about that night is who played in the club before the sh*t hit the fan I can tell you!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 13>
  Share Topic