You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedCountdown kid

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Countdown kid
    Posted: 13 Oct 2008 at 12:18pm
11 year old kicking ass on countdown.,...Geek, ye would be bullin if the little lad hockeyed ye live on tellyShocked

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/pressass/20081013/ten-kai-11-takes-eighth-countdown-win-5f8abb3.html

An 11-year-old boy has became the youngest winner of Countdown's "Octochamp" title in 20 years.

Kai Laddiman from Broad Oak, East Sussex, beat Richard Pascoe, a market research manager from Leeds, by 105 points to 55.

This was his eighth win in a row, earning him the game show's Octochamp crown and making him the second youngest Octochamp in the programme's 26-year history.

The record-holder is Allan Saldanha, who became an Octochamp in 1988 at the age of 10.

Kai trounced his opponent after spotting the nine-letter word "thirteens" in the last round. He then took six seconds to solve the conundrum, rearranging the anagram "nicejoint" to form the word "injection."

He grinned happily, sighed with relief and gave a big thumbs up after winning.

He said: "It felt brilliant to win, it was so amazing. I wasn't expecting to go that far. I thought I could but I didn't think I would."

His mother Naomi Laddiman said she was "very proud" of her son.

Kai's victory propelled him to the number two position on the series leader board and earnt him a place in the series final in December.

The series winner will receive a limited edition leather-bound dictionary and encyclopaedia set, which may be taller than Kai if all the volumes were stacked on top of each other.

gouldinho View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2008 at 1:00pm
Shocked fair play to him! there was a young lad from bray that did well on it a couple of years ago. i think he was 13 at the time. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic