You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Advice re Rubberbandits

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andkend Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Advice re Rubberbandits
    Posted: 13 Jun 2012 at 1:03am
Hi Guys

As you probably know the Rubberbandits are booked to Play Poznan on the night of the Ireland Italy game -

They were originally booked to play at Malta lake -

Malta Lake is a great spot, but the location has proved totally inpractical for the Euro 2012 - I got in a taxi myself after the Croatian match and told the taxi driver - Malta ski, which is the nearest entrance and he asked me, oh you want to go to Nowotel - I can speak polish so I told him no, I am going to Malta ski, he told me it was closed and I had to argue with him -

Anyway to cut a long story short, Poznan people may know about Malta but Irish people have had a mother of all times trying to find it.

So the bottom line is what are we going to do -

The bandits are brillant - they are delighted to be coming here and they seriously support the Irish team.

We have the venue in Malta but what is the point of putting them on if no one can get there - we have sold lots of tickets, hundreds -

any ideas -

It would be a shame for them not to have a serious ground and for us not to see them.

They are also here on the monday after then match.

all advice at this point greatly appreciated!
Sponsored Links

soccerc View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote soccerc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2012 at 1:08am
Andken

How many were at Mundy gig? 

Try speak with City/UEFA to use Fanzone stage
Andkend View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andkend Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2012 at 1:15am
About 100 - rain and the loss did not help at all to be honest - he was great though a true professional - its a shame no one got to see him in action, small crowd but great atmosphere -

Cool location but impossible to find and people are on the lash and don't want to have to treck outside the comfort zone, in the cold light of day and away from the hype of pre euro, I see it all pretty clearly.

I am trying to look at the options here and try and just make a good gig for the fans -

The bandits will rock the Gaff.
Andkend View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andkend Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2012 at 1:17am
I am trying to speak with the official fanzone, but they cannot make quick decisions, its a board e.t.c - I have tried to speak to them, thats the perfect place.

Originally I wanted them to put on those acts - but its all easier said than done -
mactifosi View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mactifosi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2012 at 2:50pm
What about at the Arena near the Carlsberg fan village? (outside not inside)
On the way back from the stadium and easy to find.

Another crazy idea, Warta Poznan's old stadium is beside the city centre and easy to find.
http://pl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stadion_im._Edmunda_Szyca
http://pinterest.com/mactifosi/lech-poznan/
Andkend View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andkend Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2012 at 3:03pm
Arena would be perfect

Eamonn68 View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eamonn68 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2012 at 3:21pm
looked a good size, perfect if theres a bit of rain.
Plus handy enough from the ground
Andkend View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andkend Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2012 at 4:09pm
Yeah we are doing our very best to get it, we have two back up venues in the city centre - The bandits want to do this gig like nothing on this earth so we will do what ever the hell we can to make it happen somewhere where it can work. thanks everyone for posting -
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic