You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Taxi company in Poznan

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andkend Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Taxi company in Poznan
    Posted: 04 Jun 2012 at 8:25pm
RMI

http://www.taxirmi.pl/
618-219-219

I want to talk about cabs -

This company speak in english

In euro funzone we made an agreement that they would give people a special rate if the said the words Malta Euro Funzone.

Cabs are notorious for over charging people, last night I gave my own taxi code to a group of lads from Belfast - they got charged 60pln to wilda this is double the price.

Its happening quite a bit to people -

The best way to avoid these sorts of problems is to know the fare and to argue

From the Airport to the Old square should cost around 30pln
From the city to the carlsberg fan camp - should cost around 25pln
From the city centre to the stadium - should cost around 30pln
From old square to Malta Funzone - 18pln ( use RMI - say the name of the place and get 20% discount.

http://www.mpk.poznan.pl/?lng=en
No 6, No 13 go from Grunwaldzka to the city centre for Carlsberg fancampers -

For people travelling to the games from the city centre take the 6 or the 13 right to the stadium
6 and 13 also go from the stadium directly to the Malta lake through the city.

This is the website of the buses and trams its in english - the city is very easy to negotiate.

Words of advice -

Buy tickets for the trams, they run in Minutes - 1.50 for 15minutes and you can use bus and tram at the same time. There are lots of checks and you get fined 200pln on the spot.

Don't take taxi's from the old square - or off the street, call a cab company for the best rates, they will charge you 50pln for a short journey - the same in the airport take a cab from the rank, never from someone walking up to you in the airport asking you for a cab.

If you are two people ask the Q if anyone wants to share -

I have used RMI always in Poland, its best to get a code from the company, they have english operators so its not that hard.
Sponsored Links

AaronFever View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AaronFever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2012 at 8:43pm

I've been dreading getting the taxi from the airport because I hate arguing over fares so thanks for the advice. Any idea how much it would cost to get to Bonin? If I knew the rough price then I can tell if he's ripping me off or not...

antoingreen View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote antoingreen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2012 at 11:48am
HOW MUCH FOR TAXI FROM AIRPORT TO CARLSBERG CAMP
Andkend View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andkend Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2012 at 9:50pm
Yeah I know its awful to have to haggle over taxis - but they are really ripping people off - I have a code and I gave it to guys from northern ireland they arrived on sunday - 30pln max it should have cost and they got charged 60 - I just collected my mam and dad and lots of fans were getting the bus -

If you're heading to Poznan from the airport, Poznan's excellent City Public Transport Company (MPK) can get you there quickly and cheaply. Just catch one of the busses listed below:

Line 59: Airport - Baltyk (Rondo Kaponiera) (journey time about 30min)
Express Line L: Airport - Central Railway Station (journey time about 20min)
Line 48: Wyszeborka (200m straight from terminal building) - Baltyk (Rondo Kaponiera) (journey time about 30 min)
Night bus line 242: Airport - Central Railway Station (journey time about 30 min)

For the carlsberg fan camp its 20pln from the airport but if you get the bus and say carlsberg fancamp ARENA -

Trams to the carlsberg fancamp from rondo Kaponera are 6 and 13 and you get off at the stop after a pizza place called Donatellos - the 6 and 13 leave from the tram stop in front of the sheraton.

good luck
Cabs88 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabs88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2012 at 11:39pm
How much approx for the journey from the airport to Pentagos Hostel does anyone know?? Or anyone going that way on Friday afternoon??
Beidh lá eile ag an bPaorach
Andkend View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andkend Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2012 at 12:12am
Get the bus to Rondo Kaponera - its very near to there -

you can get the 6 - 13, 5 tram to the old square from there, you will know the stop because its by a place called kupic poznanski - C&A

u have the street name just ask a young person who will more than likely speak english.

It should cost 25 pln - I live near there and thats what I pay from the airport.

Before you get in the cab, show him the address and say how much - give him a pen and paper.

then go to the next guy.

do not pay 60pln it seems to be the fav number right now.
curty467 View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote curty467 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2012 at 8:51am
Great service.

what is the best way to get to Bukowska from the airport?

A cab will be fine if not too expensive but we could take a tram/bus if not too difficult!
Andkend View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andkend Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2012 at 10:25am
aaoron fever re bonin

its a bit akward to get to but don't pay more than 40pln, have the money ready and just hand it to him -

Send RMI an e.mail and ask to register with them, they will give you a code - then at the airport try and find a RMI cab on the rank, give them the code - just say Ille pronounced eeeee la (how much) do Bonin and get him to write it down -

it sounds mad but the taxi's seem to be the only people who are doing the dog on it this euro, but thats the same the world over.
decky_eire View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote decky_eire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2012 at 2:21pm
Hi Andkeen, I will be staying in a hostel near franklin roosevelt road, Im wondering how much for a Taxi to the Lech Brewary on Satuday. Thank you. 
I am no miracle worker....... I am just Giovanni

Vojt View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vojt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2012 at 4:05pm
Originally posted by Andkend Andkend wrote:

RMI

http://www.taxirmi.pl/
618-219-219

I want to talk about cabs -

This company speak in english

In euro funzone we made an agreement that they would give people a special rate if the said the words Malta Euro Funzone.

Cabs are notorious for over charging people, last night I gave my own taxi code to a group of lads from Belfast - they got charged 60pln to wilda this is double the price.

Its happening quite a bit to people -

The best way to avoid these sorts of problems is to know the fare and to argue

From the Airport to the Old square should cost around 30pln
From the city to the carlsberg fan camp - should cost around 25pln
From the city centre to the stadium - should cost around 30pln
From old square to Malta Funzone - 18pln ( use RMI - say the name of the place and get 20% discount.

http://www.mpk.poznan.pl/?lng=en
No 6, No 13 go from Grunwaldzka to the city centre for Carlsberg fancampers -

For people travelling to the games from the city centre take the 6 or the 13 right to the stadium
6 and 13 also go from the stadium directly to the Malta lake through the city.

This is the website of the buses and trams its in english - the city is very easy to negotiate.

Words of advice -

Buy tickets for the trams, they run in Minutes - 1.50 for 15minutes and you can use bus and tram at the same time. There are lots of checks and you get fined 200pln on the spot.

Don't take taxi's from the old square - or off the street, call a cab company for the best rates, they will charge you 50pln for a short journey - the same in the airport take a cab from the rank, never from someone walking up to you in the airport asking you for a cab.

If you are two people ask the Q if anyone wants to share -

I have used RMI always in Poland, its best to get a code from the company, they have english operators so its not that hard.

Very good recommendations! Thanks!
cabbageandbacon View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cabbageandbacon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2012 at 4:37pm

Andkend,

I'm staying in Swardez, just outside the city centre. We get in at 10pm though at night, what price roughly for a taxi?
Twitter: @ghosty1879
Cabs88 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabs88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2012 at 6:39pm
Originally posted by Andkend Andkend wrote:

Get the bus to Rondo Kaponera - its very near to there -

you can get the 6 - 13, 5 tram to the old square from there, you will know the stop because its by a place called kupic poznanski - C&A

u have the street name just ask a young person who will more than likely speak english.

It should cost 25 pln - I live near there and thats what I pay from the airport.

Before you get in the cab, show him the address and say how much - give him a pen and paper.

then go to the next guy.

do not pay 60pln it seems to be the fav number right now.

Many thanks, will try a few cab's tomorrow and see can I get to Pentagos for around 25pln!
Beidh lá eile ag an bPaorach
Andkend View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andkend Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2012 at 11:16pm
Well lads what a crazy night of singing and being a general fan in Poznan - what a laugh, I can hardly talk - RMI and being very fair, found two irish guys with suitcases who were being quoted 50pln to get to dabroskiego, I brought them to RMi and they agreed 15pln for the fair, I do speak polish but lads their are lots of young people who speak really good in english so find one and get them to get the fair before you get in the cab.

Cabbage and bacon, 30pln max - bang in the centre -

I was very happy with RMI tonight, my fare home cost 17pln from the city so no price rises -

Do not take the taxi's right on the edge of the square - go a little further to the ranks, find RMI

have fun!!
What a great first night in the city the old square was rocking crime story has become the Irish hand out -

We are the boys in green was been sung over and over - we had one chorus of you girls in green hahaha!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic