You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : YouBoysInGreen Fanzine : Feedback/Ideas
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New Poster - Mods

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Poster - Mods
    Posted: 29 May 2012 at 8:09pm
My mate old den said he made two posts today one after another but theres only one showing. Any reason for this ? Thanks fellas.
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Sponsored Links

Gaz View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
You'll always be Gazsh to me.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2012 at 4:30am
New posters need their posts approved DM before they appear. Had a look there and all unapproved posts seem to be approved now. 

Can you double check with him that he can see them now and if not let me know?

Thumbs Up
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2012 at 5:38am
Originally posted by Gaz Gaz wrote:

New posters need their posts approved DM before they appear. Had a look there and all unapproved posts seem to be approved now. 

Can you double check with him that he can see them now and if not let me know?

Thumbs Up

Thanks bud its sorted now.
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Stoked Up View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stoked Up Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2012 at 10:36am

If new posters need their posts approved by a mod before they appear, how come new posters (some of which are obviously fake) can start ridiculous and unwanted threads in the ROI section?

New posters should not be allowed start threads in the football sections until they've got a certain number of posts.

rolo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2012 at 12:11pm
The new threads have to be approved as well. So presumably one of the mods approved the new thread by trapiscrap yrday.

Sometimes a new poster may have a thread that is worthwhile approving, but yeah we should try and crack down on fake posting. But a bit of lighthearted fun is harmless too, esp when we've nothing else to smile about at the mo.
"I'm off to see the Queen tomorrow too, don't forget that"
Stoked Up View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stoked Up Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2012 at 12:50pm
Originally posted by rolo rolo wrote:

The new threads have to be approved as well. So presumably one of the mods approved the new thread by trapiscrap yrday.

Sometimes a new poster may have a thread that is worthwhile approving, but yeah we should try and crack down on fake posting. But a bit of lighthearted fun is harmless too, esp when we've nothing else to smile about at the mo.

I've no problem whatsoever with light hearted stuff in the Whatever section.

Keep it out of football sections. 

Edited by Stoked Up - 15 Oct 2012 at 12:50pm
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2012 at 1:12pm
Ok lads I'll look into it cheers
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic