You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Polish Zloty

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 192021
Author
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chief Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2012 at 2:11pm
Originally posted by max max wrote:

changed 90 euro to 330 zloty today in Berlin not 3 badSmile
Thast terrible rate.
At least you know now.
What I do when Im in Poland is think that it is €1 to every 4zloty. It will never go below this. So this should be a minimum in any excnage including any commission they are charging. Then the extra of .2 or.3 is a bonus.
Makes it easier when figuring out how much stuff is over there too.
Too Many Chiefs, not Enough Indians
Sponsored Links

vinny 2012 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vinny 2012 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2012 at 2:14pm
90 euro to 330 zloty today
vinny 2012 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vinny 2012 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2012 at 2:15pm
Originally posted by Chief Chief wrote:

Originally posted by max max wrote:

changed 90 euro to 330 zloty today in Berlin not 3 badSmile
Thast terrible rate.
At least you know now.
What I do when Im in Poland is think that it is €1 to every 4zloty. It will never go below this. So this should be a minimum in any excnage including any commission they are charging. Then the extra of .2 or.3 is a bonus.
Makes it easier when figuring out how much stuff is over there too.

alright
kieranmc View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kieranmc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2012 at 2:35pm
Originally posted by Rostrevor Fan Rostrevor Fan wrote:

[QUOTE=kieranmc]What kind of charges do they have on laser withdrawals? Is it better to load up the credit card account and take it out of that? Sorry, I'm clueless with bank stuff![/QUOTE]

Bit like the irish government then Kieran

You'd never guess where I work LOL
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2012 at 8:07pm
bump

Is there anywhere i can get zloty straight away without having to wait for it. I assume if i order it in a bank it ll take a week like it did before. Any suggestions? Is the currency exchange in dublin airport a complete rip off?
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2012 at 8:11pm
bank of irelands are supposed to have it on demand in all branches with an exchange

SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2012 at 8:26pm
Take euro cash with you and find a kantor over there. Best bet by a mile. You might have to shop around a bit to get the best rate and if you are arriving late at night it might be a pain in the hole but otherwise that's the best bet.
RogerMilla View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2012 at 8:29pm
Quote Is the currency exchange in dublin airport a complete rip off?

Yes but for some reason the donkeys all queue there anyway
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
El_nino View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Santa Slayer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote El_nino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2012 at 8:41pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

Take euro cash with you and find a kantor over there. Best bet by a mile. You might have to shop around a bit to get the best rate and if you are arriving late at night it might be a pain in the hole but otherwise that's the best bet.

+1. I shopped around in Poland and ended up getting a great exchange rate. Far better than the exchange rate the lads I was travelling with got before heading over.
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2012 at 8:42pm
Kantors best way to go no commission charged
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2012 at 9:02pm
Thanks lads.

Ill be arriving late so ill probably take 100 euros worth of zloty with me and exchange the rest
Andkend View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andkend Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2012 at 9:08pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

bump

Is there anywhere i can get zloty straight away without having to wait for it. I assume if i order it in a bank it ll take a week like it did before. Any suggestions? Is the currency exchange in dublin airport a complete rip off?

If you have a hole in the wall card - use it in the polish airport - the kantor is the best place in poland to change money - better rates.
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2012 at 9:10pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Thanks lads.

Ill be arriving late so ill probably take 100 euros worth of zloty with me and exchange the rest

If your accommodation is paid for already, twenty per person for the first night should do it (it depends whether you need dinner, taxis etc). If you are getting public transport into the city centre, and won't be buying dinner, a tenner each would do, albeit it depends where you are going.

Also, make sure to go to a kantor somewhere away from the main square of whichever city it is you are in. In Krakow in particular the city centre ones were absolutely shocking. Shop around, as they all have the rates in the window.
daboi89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daboi89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2012 at 5:56am
your credit union will have a small amount. I got 50 odd euro worth to get there and pay for a train or 2 and got the rest over there
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2012 at 6:13am
Ya its Krakow ill be flyin into and wont be checked into the hotel till around 8pm so ill check out kantors away from the main square if they re still open.if not ill wait till the morning.
cheers
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 192021
  Share Topic