You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

John Joe Patrick Finn

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 111213
Author
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SC92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2022 at 6:09pm
Originally posted by J89 J89 wrote:

Linked with Fenerbache and one Turkish journalist says they've started negotiations. Numerous earth giants are available for the player according to the translation by Google

https://twitter.com/BersanTaskaya/status/1526878592545738752   

Not a bad standard of league if he plays could be a good move.
I'm a bit unconvinced that our various youth coaches  wouldn't prioritise the English lower leagues/LoI like usual if he did start to play though.
Sponsored Links

You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2022 at 8:33pm
Originally posted by Fozz Fozz wrote:

Just recalling when he did play for the 19's in the double-header friendlies v Sweden last October.

He started one game, and was a sub for the 2nd, alongside the likes of:
Abankwah (Udinese now, loaned to Pats);
Adamarola (due a PL game for Palace before the season is out, we are rumoured);
Lawal (going ncely for Celtic reserves);
Garcia-McNulty;
Christiano Fitzgerald (haven't heard a tap about since);
Evan Caffrey (UCD).

Also playing was Zak Gilsenan, who was taken off wth an injury he has yet to recover from.
So was an interesting group who got two draws v Sweden.

Note that Finn-Benoa didn't subsequently get called up to the camp the following month for the qualifiers.  I suspect he wasn't deemed good enough at that stage (altho every chance there were papers or passport that were not in order).
Players who were added included Andy Moran, Johnny Kenny and Sinclair Armstrong...so a completely revamped front-line when the qualifiers started.
Zefi was also promoted to the 19's then (and subsequently went back to the 17's).

I think I read that the 19's will go on a Summer camp and play a couple of matches next month so will be curious to see who makes those squads as between the Sweden friendlies and the qualifiers, we used a large pool of players.

The Under 19 summer camp will be next year's group (2004s), so Finn and the other 2003s will be overage now. He'll have to make the Under 21s if he is to get back in for Ireland. He might be one that just falls away, he wasn't getting a kick for Getafe who are poor enough.
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2022 at 8:55pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

The Under 19 summer camp will be next year's group (2004s), so Finn and the other 2003s will be overage now. He'll have to make the Under 21s if he is to get back in for Ireland. He might be one that just falls away, he wasn't getting a kick for Getafe who are poor enough.

OK, that's interesting.

What is the year cut-off for the next 21's campaign so?
2002 I'm thinking as it starts in 2023?

You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2022 at 9:03pm
Yes, anyone born after 1/1/02 for the next under 21s. Anyone born after 1/1/04 for the under 19s.
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2022 at 9:35pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Originally posted by Fozz Fozz wrote:

Just recalling when he did play for the 19's in the double-header friendlies v Sweden last October.

He started one game, and was a sub for the 2nd, alongside the likes of:
Abankwah (Udinese now, loaned to Pats);
Adamarola (due a PL game for Palace before the season is out, we are rumoured);
Lawal (going ncely for Celtic reserves);
Garcia-McNulty;
Christiano Fitzgerald (haven't heard a tap about since);
Evan Caffrey (UCD).

Also playing was Zak Gilsenan, who was taken off wth an injury he has yet to recover from.
So was an interesting group who got two draws v Sweden.

Note that Finn-Benoa didn't subsequently get called up to the camp the following month for the qualifiers.  I suspect he wasn't deemed good enough at that stage (altho every chance there were papers or passport that were not in order).
Players who were added included Andy Moran, Johnny Kenny and Sinclair Armstrong...so a completely revamped front-line when the qualifiers started.
Zefi was also promoted to the 19's then (and subsequently went back to the 17's).

I think I read that the 19's will go on a Summer camp and play a couple of matches next month so will be curious to see who makes those squads as between the Sweden friendlies and the qualifiers, we used a large pool of players.

The manager that promoted him to the senior team and gave him his debut last season left over the summer for the Valencia job.

His replacement was sacked after losing the opening 8 games and Quique Sanchez Flores came in to steady the ship and try keep them up which he has done well probably only needing a point on the final day of the season this weekend.

Not many managers in that scenario would be looking to a relatively inexperienced 17/18 year old youth team player unless he was a serious talent that could really add something to the side and nothing I've seen of him to indicates that he could have.

Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2022 at 6:50pm
On the bench for Getafe's league game against Atletico Madrid.
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2023 at 6:14pm
On the bench for first time this season for their match against Bilbao this evening.

He should be getting more of a look in this season with his old manager that gave him his debut back in charge at the club.
SC92 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SC92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2023 at 4:46pm
I had forgot about this lad tbh. But he is starting for Getafe on the 1st round of the Copa del Rey tonight.
Dalymount79 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dalymount79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2023 at 5:51pm
Originally posted by SC92 SC92 wrote:

I had forgot about this lad tbh. But he is starting for Getafe on the 1st round of the Copa del Rey tonight.
up front with a certain M. Greenwood both of whom have scored.
gmfc90 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gmfc90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2023 at 5:55pm
Fair play to him for scoring against a sixth tier team. TEK United are better
Danger here, OH NO
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2023 at 5:57pm
Originally posted by gmfc90 gmfc90 wrote:

Yeah, he should have just missed it?
We're decent enough..
50%lesssugar&salt View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 50%lesssugar&salt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2023 at 6:11pm
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Yeah, he should have just missed it?

LOL
Mr. Snrub View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Snrub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2023 at 6:24pm
LOL
"Here's Robbie Keane...... yeeeessss! That is no more than Ireland deserve!"
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2023 at 4:30am

Of all the teams you could have picked you chose the one sitting bottom of the lowest LSL intermediate league LOL
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2023 at 10:24am
He's a big unit. Not exactly sure what his best position is, seems to have played as a centre mid, wide midfielder, and striker at different times. From our point of view I suppose we'd ideally like to see him develop as a CM.
We're decent enough..
SC92 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SC92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2023 at 11:27am
He's definitely a big lad. Would definitely make an interesting CM if he develops that way. Would like to see him in the 21s next time, quite a few players in that sqaud aren't regular starters either and getting in a La Liga team matchday squads should give him a chance.
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2023 at 11:51am
Yeah, be interesting to see how he'd fare in our 21's but can't see him get near the next squad, seeing as the two games are huge and I can't see JC opting to bring in a lad who, quite frankly, doesn't play any football of note.

Ideally we'd want players playing regular senior football (or at least regular reserve at a decent level) to be in the 21's.  I appreciate that's not always possible and some exceptions have to be made to cover certain positions, but I can only see Jim go for known quantities in that situation, especially versus the two upcoming opponents.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 111213
  Share Topic