You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Krakow 2 day trip

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darmack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Krakow 2 day trip
    Posted: 23 Apr 2012 at 11:51pm
This is about the 2 day trip that Alan & Steve sent in an email. I don't have the program to open up the itinerary. Just wondering if anyone could send it on or post it up.

Has there been much interest for it? Or many people plan on going? 
The dark side.. And the light
Sponsored Links

greenforever View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenforever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2012 at 12:07am
No interest in it at all.

It's a great trip, but possibly too much travelling between matches, and a bit pricey.

Price included 2 nights hotel in Krakow, all meals, transfers, entrance to camps, mines etc and a guie for the duration.

Price €199, if there was a big enough take up to fill a full coach the price would have come down to around €180.

We emailed everyone on the buses and not a single taker so not a runner at the moment.
I know nothing :-)
darmack View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darmack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2012 at 12:16am
Cheers for that info GF.
Shame really. I'm sure I'll get on one of the other day trips.
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2012 at 12:17am
Well worth going if you've never been.
You will need the best part of a day for Auschwitz.
da scientist View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady
I've a tiny micky

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote da scientist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2012 at 6:03am

Flying from Gdansk after Spain game for 2 nights in Krakow. 70 euro per night between 2 of us and got flights for 110 euro each from Gdansk to Krakow and onto Poznan for Italy game. 180 euro all in and if you went with greenforever tours you should be able to get cat 2 tickets for all group games for an additional fee.

darmack View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darmack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2012 at 8:45pm
Originally posted by Gary McKay Gary McKay wrote:

Well worth going if you've never been.
You will need the best part of a day for Auschwitz.

Nah never been, and reckon if I went by myself it would be pretty rushed, and I'd want to take my time.  Think I'll just have to come back to Poland at a cheaper time. 
newrynyuk View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newrynyuk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2012 at 10:22pm
Well, I am doing a 2 day trip to Krakow. Taking a cheap internal LOT Express flight from Gdansk the day after the Spain game.  Never been to Poland and most likely never will again, so I intend to do the Auschwitz tour on this trip before taking a 5 hour train to Poznan for the last match vs. Italy.
greenforever View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenforever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2012 at 11:18pm
Originally posted by da scientist da scientist wrote:

Flying from Gdansk after Spain game for 2 nights in Krakow. 70 euro per night between 2 of us and got flights for 110 euro each from Gdansk to Krakow and onto Poznan for Italy game. 180 euro all in and if you went with greenforever tours you should be able to get cat 2 tickets for all group games for an additional fee.

The reason a lot of time was spent putting a trip together was people were intetrested in a trip.

The trip is not bad value at all, but does involve very long road journeys. Flying from Torun is not an option. 

Maybe you could put together a few buses for fans, or do something else to contribute postitively for fans going to matches rather than continually post a load of lies in relation to tickets, mind you that requires an awful lot of time.

I know nothing :-)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic