You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Dave Stewart

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wearmouth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2012 at 7:40am
The Miracle of Love.
Charlie Hurley a true legend
BDI View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BDI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2012 at 5:22pm

Sisters are Doing It.

Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2012 at 10:41am
Theres an interview with Sunderland Legend Dave Stewart in the new edition of Seventy3 out this weekend. Thumbs Up
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2012 at 4:13pm
Vaux View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vaux Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2012 at 10:26am
Can't wait for Dave coming home to play his home city.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2014 at 10:05pm

EURYTHMICS star Dave Stewart is being honoured by the music industry for a glittering career which has seen him hit the high note with acts such as Mick Jagger, Bono and Katy Perry.

The Barnes-raised musician will be presented with the Music Producers Guild’s Outstanding Contribution to UK Music Award at a ceremony in London in February.

He’s been praised for his creativity as a musician, producer and director.

Dave’s career spans three decades and more than 100 million album sales, highlighted by his collaboration with Annie Lennox in the ground-breaking pop-rock duo Eurythmics.

Read more http://www.sunderlandecho.com/what-s...ward-1-7007634
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2017 at 6:39pm
Quality gig from Dave at Sunderland Empire earlier in the week celebrating his 65th Birthday a very emotional night.

ClapCoolClap
heppies View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heppies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2017 at 8:45am
You kept this very quiet DM how standards have dropped at the Sunderland Echo giving this letter of the week. Big smile 

I had the privilege and huge pleasure of being at the recent Dave Stewart concert at the Sunderland Empire and what a memorable night it was.

From entering the grand old theatre it was evident that there was a whiff of excitement in the air the place was buzzing.  The opening three acts two of which were from Sunderland Picnic and Lilliput and Social Room from Seaham all played their parts producing quality music. Full credit to Dave Stewart remembering his roots by supporting three up and coming talented Wearside bands.

Talking of Wearside talent next up was the excellent Martin Longstaff the man behind the superb Lake Poets and he did a classy performance of City by the Sea about Sunderland.

Then on came the man himself Dave Stewart in fantastic form with an array of quality musicians including the excellent Diane Birch and the outstanding Easington brass Band  superb backing singers  amongst others from Nashville  playing many of his famous Eurythmics hits such as There Must Be An Angel Here Comes The Rain Again Thorn in My Side Would I Lie to You Missionary Man and Sweet Dreams. The former Barnes resident also played some quality stuff from the Blackbird Diaries and Nashville sessions albums. 

Dave made plenty of humours references to Sunderland such as in his early days when he played in the Rose and Crown and the Derry living at High Barnes Binns window in Fawcett Street dreaming of playing for SAFC  and his Careers Adviser doubting his future career as a musician and advising him to get a job at Pyrex!

The crowd sang He's one of our own to Dave and how right they were the response from DS was I thought we must at the SOL. If only he could get involved in the running of SAFC. Sweet Dreams ...................................

Edited by heppies - 25 Sep 2017 at 8:49am
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2017 at 11:16am
Originally posted by heppies heppies wrote:

You kept this very quiet DM how standards have dropped at the Sunderland Echo giving this letter of the week. Big smile 

I had the privilege and huge pleasure of being at the recent Dave Stewart concert at the Sunderland Empire and what a memorable night it was.

From entering the grand old theatre it was evident that there was a whiff of excitement in the air the place was buzzing.  The opening three acts two of which were from Sunderland Picnic and Lilliput and Social Room from Seaham all played their parts producing quality music. Full credit to Dave Stewart remembering his roots by supporting three up and coming talented Wearside bands.

Talking of Wearside talent next up was the excellent Martin Longstaff the man behind the superb Lake Poets and he did a classy performance of City by the Sea about Sunderland.

Then on came the man himself Dave Stewart in fantastic form with an array of quality musicians including the excellent Diane Birch and the outstanding Easington brass Band  superb backing singers  amongst others from Nashville  playing many of his famous Eurythmics hits such as There Must Be An Angel Here Comes The Rain Again Thorn in My Side Would I Lie to You Missionary Man and Sweet Dreams. The former Barnes resident also played some quality stuff from the Blackbird Diaries and Nashville sessions albums. 

Dave made plenty of humours references to Sunderland such as in his early days when he played in the Rose and Crown and the Derry living at High Barnes Binns window in Fawcett Street dreaming of playing for SAFC  and his Careers Adviser doubting his future career as a musician and advising him to get a job at Pyrex!

The crowd sang He's one of our own to Dave and how right they were the response from DS was I thought we must at the SOL. If only he could get involved in the running of SAFC. Sweet Dreams ...................................

Don't ask me why?
GB 1HughJarse View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GB 1HughJarse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2017 at 12:08pm
Remember hearing a story about him getting his appendix removed for no reason.
At the time he thought he had a perfect life, but that even though everything seemed perfect there must or should be something wrong, so he had his appendix removed so he could say "ah well, I went into hospital and had my appendix out".
Apparently it's a real condition that some people have, a fear of everything being too good for yourself.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2022 at 11:47am

I went to see Dave in concert last night in the Fire Station venue Sunderland.

He was outstanding.

Cool
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2022 at 5:17pm
I prefer them on stage 
It would damage this forums' reputation
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2022 at 9:46am

I was at this gig last night a much smaller gig than Friday but equally as impressive. 

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2022 at 6:22am
Strong rumours that Dave and Annie have been offered a lucrative contract to reform the Eurhythmics for a world tour?
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2023 at 9:19am
I went to see Dave last night at Sunderland Empire.

What a gig one of the best I've ever been too.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic