You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Calling Veteran Fans!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheDon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Calling Veteran Fans!
    Posted: 10 Apr 2012 at 4:34pm
Hello All,
I am heading over to the Euros in Poland with friends, getting a campervan, traveling around and going to Ireland's group games. This is my first time going to a football tournament as a fan.
I am also working on writing an article on this at the moment. I'm hoping to put together a fun/information piece on what to look out for/the major
pitfalls when going on a football trip like this for the first time. It will be an advice type piece - the do and donts for going to the Euros.

Therefore I'm looking for a couple of veteran fans who went to Euro 88 - someone who has been there and done it Joxer-style, with some stories to tell and advice to dish out!
Or if not Euro 88, another tournament which we were in - maybe Italia 90.

Has anyone here been on those trips or have any ideas??
Thanks in advance for any help.
Sponsored Links

BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2012 at 8:14pm
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2012 at 8:51pm
Thread of the year
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2012 at 8:54pm
This thread has potential LOL
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2012 at 9:38pm
What was the original post?
Who/why it deleted?
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2012 at 9:48pm
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

What was the original post?
Who/why it deleted?

I suspect its this one on boards

Originally posted by GordonGecko;77954554 GordonGecko;77954554 wrote:

Hello All,

I am heading over to the Euros in Poland with friends, getting a campervan, traveling around and going to Ireland's group games. This is my first time going to a football tournament as a fan.

I am also working on an article for a newspaper on this. We are hoping to put together a fun/information piece on what to look out for/the major pitfalls when going on a football trip like this for the first time.

Therefore I'm looking to talk to a couple of veteran fans who went to Euro 88 in West Germany about their experiences - and warnings to pass on to the less experienced! This would be very much about entertaining stories, anecdotes about their trips away, and how I can learn from them. So it will hopefully make for a light and entertaining article.

If not Euro 88, then I'd also be interested in talking to someone who went to Italia 90, USA 94 or World Cup 2002.

Please reply to me on here if you are such a person!

Or could anyone point me in the direction of someone else who's been on these trips?

If you reply here, I can then contact you by email.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

GG

'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic