You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New song 'All Is Possible"

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2012 at 1:24am
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

Anyway, I suppose nobody has done a cover based on 24 years, living next door to alice?

Sponsored Links

MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2012 at 1:25am
Good video but that's all
drog addict View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Castleknocker

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drog addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2012 at 9:56am
Same auld moaners as usual, great tune. Will be on the cd player in Poland for sure.
Chips don't bounce
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2012 at 11:54am
Originally posted by drog addict drog addict wrote:

Same auld moaners as usual, great tune. Will be on the cd player in Poland for sure.

Ah you can't say that, some people like ones I consider rubbish and vice versa. There hasn't been one stand out song.

But I am enjoying them all,  the good, the bad, and the terrible
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
kimbap View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kimbap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2012 at 11:45am
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

Thumbs Down

Hey Newryrep,

You seem like a good Ireland supporter (if a little grumpy!)
You can play almost any tune with a few chords on guitar and everything is borrowed from something
ole ole - spanish
stand up for the boys in green - (pet shop boys) english
come on you boys in green - (Dorogoi dlinnoyu) russian
team of gary breens - (the beatles) - english
not to mention 'singing in the rain', 'and an an oh ah paul mcgrath' (12 days of xmas) & all those other "irish" chants.

Bottom line is there'll be plenty of music in Poland and I'll be right in the middle of itThumbs Up

Bring in on.....
Sligo Hornet View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Runner Up, Branson lookalike 2003

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sligo Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2012 at 4:18pm
kimbap......Newryrep " a little grumpy "

understatement of the century
Wallet ?? What the fcuk is that ?
Boston Hoop View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boston Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2012 at 2:42am
Another addition to the ever growing list of Euro songs... the good times are back!
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2012 at 7:26pm
Originally posted by kimbap kimbap wrote:

Thumbs Down

Hey Newryrep,

Eh ???

Thumbs Down

You can play almost any tune with a few chords on guitar and everything is borrowed from something
ole ole - spanish
not to mention 'singing in the rain', 'and an an oh ah paul mcgrath' (12 days of xmas) & all those other "irish" chants.

Bottom line is there'll be plenty of music in Poland and I'll be right in the middle of itThumbs Up

Bring in on.....

Kimbap here where 'i am comming from

I fecking hate IJCGE Smile , maybe because its a sh*t song from a sh*t band, maybe becaue it was stolen from Celtic maybe because every Tom Dick and Harry tries to start it every 2 mins if the Estonia game is anything to go by, maybe its because other teams are now using its probably a combination of them all.

I dont think we as a country with a rich cultural heritage and a list of songs as long as your arm should be using generic SPL/EPL rubbish. Hell ..........as long as its unique it doesnt even have to be irish hence the 'irish' in inverted comma's. I posted in an earlier thread if you are going to nick a song nick it from some obscure 3rd division bugarian team

Darmurt excellent re working of Star of the County down is a win win situation and exactly what I am on about, irish, unique  and has the bonus of being well known- that is what we should be aiming for . and not replace Torres with Mageady in the line nor trying to rip off plainly Scottish songs like Well be comming

The above is an opinion BTW

Edited by Newryrep - 10 Apr 2012 at 7:28pm
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2012 at 7:28pm

Thumbs Down

Hey Newryrep,

Eh ???

Thumbs Down

ole ole - spanish

Bring in on.....

Kimbap here where 'i am comming from

I fecking hate IJCGE Smile , maybe because its a sh*t song from a sh*t band, maybe becaue it was stolen from Celtic maybe because every Tom Dick and Harry tries to start it every 2 mins if the Estonia game is anything to go by, maybe its because other teams are now using its probably a combination of them all.

I dont think we as a country with a rich cultural heritage and a list of songs as long as your arm should be using generic SPL/EPL rubbish. Hell ..........as long as its unique it doesnt even have to be irish hence the 'irish' in inverted comma's. I posted in an earlier thread if you are going to nick a song nick it from some obscure 3rd division bugarian team

Darmurt excellent re working of Star of the County down is a win win situation and exactly what I am on about, irish, unique  and has the bonus of being well known- that is what we should be aiming for .

The above is an opinion BTW

Its an unreal song. More of a sing along song in a pub than a chant you could sing on the streets or in the stadium on masse though unlike JCGE
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2012 at 7:31pm
Originally posted by Kerrzy Kerrzy wrote:

Its an unreal song. More of a sing along song in a pub than a chant you could sing on the streets or in the stadium on masse though unlike JCGE

Disagree big time, there is no reason why the chorus couldnt catch on
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Junior View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2012 at 10:31pm

I posted in an earlier thread if you are going to nick a song nick it from some obscure 3rd division bugarian team 

more than 2 hrs on and sligo hornet hasnt yet picked you up on this little freudian slip?

Were you thinking Harrow on the Hill School Choir or something else?
Sligo Hornet View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Runner Up, Branson lookalike 2003

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sligo Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2012 at 7:37am
Originally posted by Junior Junior wrote:

I posted in an earlier thread if you are going to nick a song nick it from some obscure 3rd division bugarian team 

more than 2 hrs on and sligo hornet hasnt yet picked you up on this little freudian slip?

Sorry Junior...........didn't see this until this morning.......poor Newryrep....must have had a tough education........though now we know why he is such an arse Wink

By the way, whilst I was educated in Harrow, I was never in the choir.
Wallet ?? What the fcuk is that ?
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2012 at 7:40pm
Originally posted by Sligo Hornet Sligo Hornet wrote:

Originally posted by Junior Junior wrote:

Sorry Junior...........didn't see this until this morning.......poor Newryrep....must have had a tough education........though now we know why he is such an arse Wink

By the way, whilst I was educated in Harrow, I was never in the choir.

The fact that you used this term  says it all, ..................us common people say ' went to school'
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic