You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

EPL Manager of the year 11/12

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Poll Question: Who deserves it this season?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
6 [10.34%]
24 [41.38%]
19 [32.76%]
2 [3.45%]
1 [1.72%]
6 [10.34%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2012 at 9:34pm
1). Rodgers
2). Pardew

Edited by Citizen - 04 Apr 2012 at 9:34pm
My Views are my own and do not in any way represent this site.

'The FAI are the dysfunctional body that other dysfunctional bodies call Galacticos' - Declan Lynch (Sunday Indo)
Sponsored Links

Justice 2012 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Moyes Y.N.W.A. Youll never win anything

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Justice 2012 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2012 at 10:19pm
KKK not doubt about it . Liverpool are a big club who sign big players and are the biggest club in europe with the best fans who deserve to be in the champions league every year even though they havent qualified because they are a big club who have won it five times. Klu klux kenny is a great manager because he was a great player at a big club. YNWA
Citizen View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2012 at 10:25pm
Originally posted by Justice 2012 Justice 2012 wrote:

KKK not doubt about it . Liverpool are a big club who sign big players and are the biggest club in europe with the best fans who deserve to be in the champions league every year even though they havent qualified because they are a big club who have won it five times. Klu klux kenny is a great manager because he was a great player at a big club. YNWA
LOLLOLLOLLOL
My Views are my own and do not in any way represent this site.

'The FAI are the dysfunctional body that other dysfunctional bodies call Galacticos' - Declan Lynch (Sunday Indo)
Trapped View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Coat hangar expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trapped Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2012 at 12:09am
It's between Pardew and Rodgers for me but I would't decide until the season's over.

LOL LOL LOL

67% points to games ratio at the last Euro's (better than Portugal's)
Vivakenbarlow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivakenbarlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2012 at 10:51pm
Pardews transfer market dealings have been second to none- tiote cabaye ba ben arfa and cusse prob cost less than they got for andy carroll
It took City 44 years to win the league and 10 months to lose it
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2012 at 11:13pm
Pardew
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
Stoked Up View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stoked Up Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2012 at 1:36am
Fergie without doubt. Another new side in transition combined with a tough injury run and he's still kept them up there and barring a disaster will win the title again. Extraordinary.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2012 at 9:25am
Originally posted by Stoked Up Stoked Up wrote:

Fergie without doubt. Another new side in transition combined with a tough injury run and he's still kept them up there and barring a disaster will win the title again. Extraordinary.

But you'd always expect Fergie to have Utd up there anyway so it's no surprise.

Considering Pardew got 3 of best players sold you would have expected them to struggle. All season people expecting Newcastle to run out of steam but they just keep on winning.
He's done really well.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
WindBag View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Makes great Pancakes

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WindBag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2012 at 11:09am
I'm a UTD fan and Fergie has done another good job. Below par season though.

But how anyone cannnot say Pardew is not their top/top two is crazy. He was slated by everyone here, there and everywhere, but has won everyone over now with the style and manner of play. everyone has forgotten about the Hughton saga.

Very Honorable mention for Swanseas Brendan Rogers for keeping them just about out of the Relegation fight. Hopefully they won't fade in the last 7 games and be dragged into it.
Stoked Up View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stoked Up Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2012 at 1:24pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Originally posted by Stoked Up Stoked Up wrote:

But you'd always expect Fergie to have Utd up there anyway so it's no surprise.

Considering Pardew got 3 of best players sold you would have expected them to struggle. All season people expecting Newcastle to run out of steam but they just keep on winning.
He's done really well.

I agree of course, that Pardew's done magnificently.  But the question is not who has been the biggest surprise. They've still got some work to do to make the CL spot and don't forget that this is a BIG club with CL pedigree, albeit a little while ago. They got crazy money for some average players and he has bought very well, although Ba was so obvious (very regrettably, Stoke's medics wouldn't take a chance on him) after his form with WHU last season.

As a Stoke fan I'd want to give it to Pulis every season, just for keeping Stoke there (and comfortably so), but that's not enough when other yardsticks are used.

It's still too early to say if Rodgers blueprint will work consistently for Swansea trying to play that style of play in the English league with the standard of players that he's working with. Maybe they'll be found out next season.
Most times I've watched them they've looked very easy on the eye, comfortable and well organised, but somewhat toothless up front. If he doesn't get some of the earned loot to buy some half decent strikers, it'll likely come apart fairly soon.  

Normally when the big sides undergo transitional changes they struggle, but Fergie has done it magnificently once again. Absolutely impossible for me to look beyond him.
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2012 at 1:38pm

LOL 

''Now that's sarcasm''

Pardew for me. But would have Lamber up there as well along with Rodgers and Ferguson.
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Stoked Up View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stoked Up Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2012 at 2:17pm
I see Pardew got both awards.   http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18067904

In hindsight, FW's right - this is a silly award.
The *man who wins the league is by definition the best manager that season.

ETA: * Who incidently got no votes here, as this poll was taken just after Manyoo had taken that 8 point lead.

Edited by Stoked Up - 15 May 2012 at 2:18pm
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2012 at 3:33pm
No complaints about Pardew winning it tbh!
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
Mr.Mojo Risin' View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

pray for Mojo!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr.Mojo Risin' Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2012 at 3:37pm
would've been between Pardew and Mancini for me. With Rodgers just behind them two. But weldone to Pardew. Although I don't really like him.
Ahh heya!
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2012 at 3:40pm
Originally posted by Mr.Mojo Risin' Mr.Mojo Risin' wrote:

would've been between Pardew and Mancini for me. With Rodgers just behind them two. But weldone to Pardew. Although I don't really like him.

+1

I always disliked the him myself ,then he took the Newcastle job which made me dislike him even more as a Sunderland fan LOL

"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
RogerMilla View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2012 at 3:49pm
rodgers for me , lambert and pardew did brilliant as well.
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic