You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Poznan Celebration - Suggestion

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2012 at 1:44pm
Originally posted by reabhloid reabhloid wrote:

Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

Originally posted by Conor Messi Conor Messi wrote:

Ah I'm only taking the piss. I actually agree with you in a lot of what you're saying, I just think you're taking it all a bit too serious. The "who are ya" and "he fell ooova" sh*te annoys me as well but I'm not gonna get too worked up over lads singing poxy songs or doing the Poznan. Or is it the huddle, didn't Celtic think of it first?..

IMO there's no point trying to be so disciplined about it. Organised craic = no craic.

Anyway, I suppose you're fighting the good fight so on with the crusade! Tongue

HugHug

just think its sad that we as irish fans supporting ireland on an international stage have to resort to english club songs, scottish club songs, plainly scotish national songs given our rich cultural  heritage
scottish and engerlish players play in the irish team... so why not

I think you will find they are dual nationals
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Sponsored Links

kimbap View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kimbap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2012 at 1:58pm

Originally posted by kimbap kimbap wrote:

Obviously I don't know you from Adam but you seem to take yourself a bit too seriously.
I can only speak for myself here but I'll be doing whatever the fcuk I like in Poland and  I won't be referencing back 3 months to a thread on ybig before deciding will i partake in the "Poznan" should it start,or a break dance or the "worm"or anything else.I do agree with you re lads wearing EPL jerseys,lads doing English chants (who are ya?? ) this wrecks my head.But Me, You or anybody else is not going to tell 20,000 lads what to sing or not.

Confusedfar from it

ConfusedConfused never mentioned shirts

ConfusedConfusedConfusedI am not telling people what to do, they can do whatever  they like , I am offering an opinion that a country with such a rich cultural  heritige as  Ireland to effectively copy english/scottish club songs and well known national songs is quite sad.Cry

Fair enough Newry Rep,I agree with a lot of what you're saying but just developed an image in my head of a grumpy lad giving out about lads singing this or that song and grumbling into his pint.As i said i don't know you at all so could have it completely wrong.

I think it'd would be great if we could all figure out some uniquely Irish chants/songs etc.It won't happen imo as the EPL/SPL is so ingrained in so many of our supporters minds.I watch the EPL as I enjoy it and can understand lads following teams to a degree.What I can't understand is the "we" and "us" nonsense when you have a fat 40 year old lad from Roscommon poured into a liverpool jersey calling another fat lad in a Man U shirt from up the road in Roscommon "a dirty Manc"or sh*te like that.I don't want the thread to descend into a big arguement about this as I'm sure it's being done to death on here as it has on loads of forums.
               However I wouldn't rule out singing along to some chants that are also used by EPL/SPL teams.These are football chants and you'd probably find similar versions of them all over the world.
               Bottom line is I'm going to Poland with a load of mates to enjoy the football and the craic and most of all support the team in any way i can.

Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2012 at 4:53pm
Originally posted by kimbap kimbap wrote:

Fair enough Newry Rep,I agree with a lot of what you're saying but just developed an image in my head of a grumpy lad giving out about lads singing this or that song and grumbling into his pint.As i said i don't know you at all so could have it completely wrong.

However I wouldn't rule out singing along to some chants that are also used by EPL/SPL teams.These are football chants and you'd probably find similar versions of them all over the world.
               Bottom line is I'm going to Poland with a load of mates to enjoy the football and the craic and most of all support the team in any way i can.

Probably closer to the mark than i like to thinkLOL

Went to the European cup winners cup final at Wembley in  93 ? 92?Cry Royal Antwerpt V Parma, Was always struck by the italians singing/chants as I didnt recognise any of the songs whereas  the Belgians just rehashed english songs - probably the influence of the BBC reaching Belgium
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Diego Duffy View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diego Duffy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2012 at 10:49pm
I definatley think we should do the Poznan at some stage while over at Euros in Poland, Like come on above all times to to the 'Poznan' wouldnt this be the time? Would ad to the atmosphere and would be great craic, could do it when theres a stoppage in the game for an injury or something like that, imagine the Irish at home watching the T.V and seeing 30000 Irish fans bouncing doing the 'Poznan' would be epic!!
Ireland 4 Poland and Ukraine 2012 :D
Jbyrne View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jbyrne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2012 at 11:24pm
Originally posted by Diego Duffy Diego Duffy wrote:

I definatley think we should do the Poznan at some stage while over at Euros in Poland, Like come on above all times to to the 'Poznan' wouldnt this be the time? Would ad to the atmosphere and would be great craic, could do it when theres a stoppage in the game for an injury or something like that, imagine the Irish at home watching the T.V and seeing 30000 Irish fans bouncing doing the 'Poznan' would be epic!!

each to their own but hopefully we are more original than just copying the latest fans fun thing to do.
Diego Duffy View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diego Duffy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2012 at 11:36pm
Agreed but whats the harm in sharing the culture of the locals that play at the stadium. We need to stop worrying about copying other teams chants or celebrations, if it adds to the atmosphere then why not? I can guarentee it would have been suggested by many fans here had it not been taken up by the likes of City and Celtic. Would look unreal. And as for chants we really need some new ones, too much of COYBIG gets boring, ive seen good chants suggested on this forum before and seen them snubbed by many. Need to embrace a few different songs and celbrations. Even the Poznan front on, if we had a bit of a campaign to do it, would be unique and look just as good, but you would need the media to talk about and get an awareness of it so all fans can get it going!! Thumbs Up
Ireland 4 Poland and Ukraine 2012 :D
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2012 at 11:49pm
Jaysus lads, all this chat over nothing, if it happens on the day, it happens on the day, no amount of chat on here will make any difference come June 10th and 18th.
max View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

My new name is Wax

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2012 at 12:10am
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

Jaysus lads, all this chat over nothing, if it happens on the day, it happens on the day, no amount of chat on here will make any difference come June 10th and 18th.

finally someone talking a bit of sense Clap everyone just need sot chill the beans if you dont want to do the poznan dont do it end of
JH91 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JH91 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2012 at 1:20am
Would be quality if we got it going.
All be it, not in the last 10 minutes of a game(unless we're comfortably winning).
Break in play or something and it could work well.

Edited by JH91 - 30 Mar 2012 at 1:20am
Bandwagonboyo View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagonboyo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2012 at 4:19pm
Just seen this thread. Not content with telling us what to wear some fellas now think we need to be told how to conduct ourselves at the games! If a fella wants to do the Poznan dressed in a Seamus Darby offaly jersey let him crack on. I will of course only be singing ybig approved songs while sporting my official Ireland jersey (without sponsors logo)
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2012 at 6:24pm
Originally posted by Bandwagonboyo Bandwagonboyo wrote:

Just seen this thread. Not content with telling us what to wear some fellas now think we need to be told how to conduct ourselves at the games! If a fella wants to do the Poznan dressed in a Seamus Darby offaly jersey let him crack on. I will of course only be singing ybig approved songs while sporting my official Ireland jersey (without sponsors logo)

Would that be the home or away one ?? These things are soooooo important like.

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
mactifosi View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mactifosi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2012 at 7:38pm

Was talking to some football fans here in Poznan about this.
The general consensus is that they would love to see the Irish fans do it.

I think the idea of doing it during a stoppage is a good call to satisfy the less enthusiastic.
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2012 at 7:43pm

ClapClap
Boston Hoop View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boston Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2012 at 7:51pm
Originally posted by mactifosi mactifosi wrote:

Was talking to some football fans here in Poznan about this.
The general consensus is that they would love to see the Irish fans do it.

I think the idea of doing it during a stoppage is a good call to satisfy the less enthusiastic.

Rest assured it'll be done...
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2012 at 8:08pm

Ah the old strawman arguement, nobody is telling anybody (well I aint anyway) what to do,  I am telling you I wont be doing it and why...........bit of a difference
Bandwagonboyo View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagonboyo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2012 at 8:41pm

Ah the old strawman arguement, nobody is telling anybody (well I aint anyway) what to do,  I am telling you I wont be doing it and why...........bit of a difference
fair enough. Actually wasn't yourself I was thinking of when writing the post. You must know better than anybody how under the gfa all Irishmen north OR south have the right to make a tit of themselves at a football game if they so choose. And anyone who looks down on them for that can surely only be classified as a bigot.
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2012 at 8:51pm

fair enough. Actually wasn't yourself I was thinking of when writing the post. You must know better than anybody how under the gfa all Irishmen north OR south have the right to make a tit of themselves at a football game if they so choose. And anyone who looks down on them for that can surely only be classified as a bigot.

LOLSmile, not sure about the last bit thoughLOL
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
  Share Topic