You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Crouch

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JuanNil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Crouch
    Posted: 24 Mar 2012 at 11:42pm
Didn't think I'd see better than Van Persie's but for me Peter Crouch scored the goal of the season today.
Shes got a head like Liam Brady
Sponsored Links

FREEWHEELER View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
sPICE UP YOUR LIFE Gwan MONROY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEWHEELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2012 at 10:31am
Definitely the front runner for goal of the season at the minute.  Absolutely superb. 
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2019 at 11:29pm
Read his book recently - How to be a Footballer 

Never had any real opinion on him before, was stuck for choice st the airport so went for that book

It’s quite funny in parts. A Few interesting points from it:

He really rated Steve Finnan, says be never saw anyone get the better of him or go past him, including Ronaldo

His Mums family are all City fans, so he was taken to Maine Road a lot. His dad always told him to watch Niall Quinn who he describes as an unreal header of the ball 

He tells a good story about going go karting in Spain with the Liverpool team before the 2007 CL final, and Crouch’s brakes fail
He ends up having to jump out of it while it moves before the kart crashed into a wall and bursts into flames

Didi Hamann would definitely be captain of the Night Out XI - the team mates who are the best craic to go out with. 
Marc Wilson definitely wouldn’t be on it as every night out someone had to look after him 

Rob Green has his own mug in his local bar behind the bar where he sits and drinks tea out of while reading a book  
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2019 at 5:42am
Was going to buy his book a while ago until his podcast came out. Talks about most of the stuff you mentioned, which is why I never bothered buying it. I wonder if the sales were effected by it.

Seems like great craic in fairness to him.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2019 at 8:21am
Marc Wilson, feck sakes, forgot about him. 25 caps, wow.
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2019 at 8:39am
He needed minding on the pitch too!
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2019 at 6:42pm
I am trying to read it and I really don’t want to have a go at him as he seems a nice fella, but it is absolutely sh*te! 
I can only imagine what literary prowess the next generation of footballers will give us! LOL
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2019 at 6:48pm

How many good footballers autobiographies are there? Most are dreadful. 

El Puto Amo
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2019 at 6:56pm
N
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

How many good footballers autobiographies are there? Most are dreadful. 

I have enjoyed a few. Garry Nelson’s books were possibly the best, albeit they were in diary form and more like Dunphy’s.

Quinn, Cascarino, McGrath, McNeill, Pirlo, Neville, Zlatan, Bergkamp, Adams and Merson all had enjoyable books, in different ways. I’m sure there are more I have forgotten.
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2019 at 8:54pm
Adams' first book "Addicted" is definitely one of the better footballer autobiographies. Holds nothing back and is very open and honest about the origins of his addiction and the consequences on his personal life.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2019 at 9:01pm

I liked the Dunphy, Quinn and Cascarino books in fairness. Might try a couple of those other recommended ones
El Puto Amo
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2019 at 9:32pm
Not necessarily an autobiography ( perhaps semi) but the Robert Enke book is brilliant 
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2019 at 4:25pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Read his book recently - How to be a Footballer

When he scorned the chance to call it "Crouching Up", or "Crouching Striker, Hidden Talent", or even "The Croucho Club", then it can't be up to much.

Even "On the Couch with Peter" and a photo of a Psychiatrist's Office would have been better than "How To Be A Footballer", and that's lame enough.

I'm out.

Edited by Territorial - 19 Jul 2019 at 4:27pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic