You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hotelioni Football Camp Poznań

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keanostemper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2012 at 8:52pm
Im booked in the hotelioni camp for the italy game... just rang booking.com and they know very little if its closed or not, but contacted the camp through facebook and they said they will redirect us to alternative accomodation, so looks like we are f**ked either way....
Sponsored Links

Strabanistani View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strabanistani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2012 at 10:33pm
Dear Hotelioni Guests,

from economical reasons in Warsaw and Wroclaw we were unable to build football camps and we provide alternative accommodation. We are very sorry for the inconvenience.

In Poznan and Gdansk because of mass media campaign against us and hostile treatement from the local authorities who from the beginning wanted to break our projects we could not manage toarrange our camps as we promised on our websites and in our online profiles. All our partners after media black PR backed down. Because of the fact that our main supplier of the modues for the hostels backed out we were not able to realize the project. We offer you now replaceble accommodation in similar standard.

We are still struggling to finalize all the bookings.

We are very grateful to those of you who trusted us and are still with us. We will do our best not to let you down.

Hotelioni Management

Ermm
stiffler View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2012 at 11:16am
I have this place booked in gdansk for wed & thurs nights, im raging if true!

Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strabanistani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2012 at 12:20pm
Originally posted by stiffler stiffler wrote:

I have this place booked in gdansk for wed & thurs nights, im raging if true!

Oh it is true alright.

Check their facebook page.
Billy O'Toole View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady
Official forum mess

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Billy O'Toole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2012 at 12:26pm
Yea it's true my misses brother and mates arrived there yesterday morning and closed down but got alternative accom close by in the campervan village
Ybig holy jaysus - 4 points for Gerk & Count
kylaJo View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kylaJo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2012 at 1:42pm
I got an email from booking.com to say its been moved to campervan village. I still have a booking for today that I can't us, if anyone wants it pm me or put your name up on this, I can change the booking.
Rowan Gallagher View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rowan Gallagher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2012 at 3:25pm
Anyone who would like to contact me please do on 0862263269 - I'm doing a piece for the Irish Times. Voice your anger.

Rowan Gallagher
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strabanistani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2012 at 12:23pm

A Group of Donegal fans are amongst an estimatated 100 Irish soccer fans who were left without accommodation in Poland last night after they were refused entry to the campsite they had booked and paid for.

Some Irish fans have been left forced to find alternative accommodation after a campsite in Poznan closed

The company which organised their accommodation said that it was making alternative arrangements for the fans.

In a statement it blamed the closure of the site on a media campaign against it and what it described as “hostile treatment from the authorities”.

Amongst those affected were four fans from Co Donegal and two from Co Meath, who had to sleep on a concrete floor in a building at an industrial estate last night.

Before leaving Ireland, the fans had made their payments of €2,400 to the campsite operator using booking.com.

Booking.com said it was working with Hotelioni to refund customers left without accommodation

cass123456 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cass123456 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2012 at 6:58pm
http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-18392353
david1000 View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote david1000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2012 at 8:27pm
Lads, is anybody in Gdansk yet and gone to the place?

I'm booked into the hostel not the camp, but I'm guessing it's one big con?

Booked through hostelworld.com....sent an email, but no reply yet. Arrive tomorrow for 4 nights, RAGING!
soccerc View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote soccerc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2012 at 8:57pm
This is the latest on their website contradicting previous one of Saturday

OFFICIAL STATEMENT

Because of mass media campaign against us and hostile treatment from the local authorities who disseminate false information that our camp in Poznań does not exist we are determined to correct this information.

In Poznań, our campsite operates since 9 June 2012.
Campsite has all the permits and meets the standard as we promised on our websites and in our online profiles.
For this reason the authorities’ action of redirecting Hotelioni guests to municipal camp is groundless and unauthorized.
All Hotelioni guests are invited to come to our campsite in Poznań.

We also want to stress that the administrative issues related to modular hotels not shatter the fact that the campsite operates legally and we are struggling to finalize the project.

We declare definitely that Hotelioni ensure the accommodation or replaceable accommodation in similar standard for all our guests in all four cities throughout the whole of the period of Euro 2012.

For those who will not be satisfied we offer replaceable accommodation in similar standard.

So, please not to accept unauthorized municipal offers and come to Hotelioni first.
Guests who accept the municipal’s offer without prior Hotelioni’s consent will be able to apply for compensation only from the municipal authorities.

Hotelioni Management

Monners View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monners Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2012 at 1:07pm
Originally posted by soccerc soccerc wrote:

This is the latest on their website contradicting previous one of Saturday

OFFICIAL STATEMENT

Because of mass media campaign against us and hostile treatment from the local authorities who disseminate false information that our camp in Poznań does not exist we are determined to correct this information.

In Poznań, our campsite operates since 9 June 2012.
Campsite has all the permits and meets the standard as we promised on our websites and in our online profiles.
For this reason the authorities’ action of redirecting Hotelioni guests to municipal camp is groundless and unauthorized.
All Hotelioni guests are invited to come to our campsite in Poznań.

We also want to stress that the administrative issues related to modular hotels not shatter the fact that the campsite operates legally and we are struggling to finalize the project.

We declare definitely that Hotelioni ensure the accommodation or replaceable accommodation in similar standard for all our guests in all four cities throughout the whole of the period of Euro 2012.

For those who will not be satisfied we offer replaceable accommodation in similar standard.

So, please not to accept unauthorized municipal offers and come to Hotelioni first.
Guests who accept the municipal’s offer without prior Hotelioni’s consent will be able to apply for compensation only from the municipal authorities.

Hotelioni Management

Myself and my brother arrived at the Posnan site on Saturday to be greeted by a young lad employed by Hotelioni that the site had been closed due to it not being licensed (and never had one), and through lack of hygeine, which also applied to the cabins! The place was an absolute dump - you wouldn't keep animals in it.
Someone from the Campervan site took us down there and we got sorted (after some discussoin on charges though). We had to pay in cash, as they knew nothing of any arrangement to move fans from the other site. We had a sound time there, great atmosphere - so no complaints about that site.
We found out yesterday that the Hotelioni manager had told his staff to come to the campervan site to be paid by them - they were greeted with a "Who are you?" as this was total bollox. Was also told the Manager is not answering his phone and cannot be contacted. In other words total con from the outset.

Hope Bookings.com refund me - and learn a lesson from this (just check with the local authorties before offering this type of accomodation!)
ABABAB View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ABABAB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2012 at 2:36pm
Just got an email from booking.com who have relocated me to a place about 10 - 15km outside of Poznan. Not ideal, but I can't imagine there's much room for bargaining at the moment.
If anyone else gets relocated there let me know

huddsbhoy3 View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote huddsbhoy3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2012 at 4:58pm
18 of us from Huddersfield RISSC were booked into Hotelioni - Only got to know about the closure on Sunday upon arrival though! We transferred up to the Campervan Village, which was fine, nice set-up and good craic, although we had to pay for the accommodation again, in cash.

Have emailed Booking.com for reimbursement but no reply as yet - anyone else had any response?
Not good for a firm you expect to be ok with - as per previous, post pays to double check accommodation booked and not take it for granted.
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2012 at 4:58pm
I got screwed over by hotelioni also but there was plenty of cheap accom available in Poznan last Sunday night. I wouldn't be in a panic if you've got nothing sorted. I got a room for €90 but there was adds for rooms for €20 a night.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
  Share Topic