You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nottingham Forest

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Absolutely Use Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nottingham Forest
    Posted: 04 Feb 2012 at 7:29pm
I have been supporting Forest for the last 25 years through tough times and even tougher times. The owner og Forest died today and it could a have serious effect Forest as a club, struggling in the league and struggling financially.
Say nothing till you hear more
Sponsored Links

Absolutely Use View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Absolutely Use Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2012 at 7:40pm
He rescured Forest when they were on the brink and now they are close to the brink again
Landon Donovan View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Sheldon Cooper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Landon Donovan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2012 at 7:47pm
I've got a soft spot for Forest. Went to see them the day they got relegated against Wimbledon back in the day. Dave Bassett was gaffer. He was doing a motd interview after the game and told us to shut up because we were making noise
Irish Times Fantasy 6 Nations

League Name: YBIG League
Password: YBIG
Absolutely Use View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Absolutely Use Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2012 at 7:49pm
I remember with a tear in my eye when we lost 2-0 to shieffield Utd, Glyn Hodges scored and we got relegated, one of Cloughie last games
Liatroim Red View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane
Longford Red

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Liatroim Red Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2012 at 4:16pm
With us owing Doughty's estate £75m, and his family less than likely to be too sympathetic to the club due to some idiots dishing out abuse at him and his family over the last few months, Forest are in deep sh*te.

On and off the pitch this season is the worst I've ever known. Just hope the club I love stays afloat.

Edited by Liatrom Red - 06 Feb 2012 at 4:16pm
"I only ever hit Roy Keane the once. He got up so I couldn't have hit him very hard." - Brian Clough
FREEWHEELER View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
sPICE UP YOUR LIFE Gwan MONROY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEWHEELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2012 at 4:34pm
How did Doughty die?  He wasn't that old sure he wasn't?  Always look out for Forest's results since Cloughie's team took the Division 1 title by storm when he got them up.
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
Clonbhoy View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
AKA Sir Basil Butterpeas Esquire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clonbhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2012 at 5:21pm
Think there are many people with a soft sot for Forest. Went to the last game of the season against Yeovil a few years back as my mate follows Forest.Good laugh, great atmosphere too. Also the fact I am obsessed with cloughie helped!! 
johnnycee View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnnycee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2012 at 9:03pm
I heard he was found dead in his gym in his gaff, suspected heart attack. He used to own Umbro and I'd met him a fair few times. RIP Nigel
Don't believe everything you read in the news papers
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic