You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedDear RTE

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2008 at 8:38am
Some singer over here did a cover version of the same song and it got played a lot on the auld wireless. After it was played the general comment from the DJ 's was "didn't he do a good job?" Well, yes, he did but it was basically an imitation of Freddy Mercury so why bother? The song was perfect as it was and we don't need cover versions. As with Air hostesses I have a real problem with cover versions of songs. Why do they bother. The song is out there and just because you can sing it doesn't mean you should release it on the general public no matter how good.
As for you, my friend, Gouldinho, you are doing what we all should be doing.....making a stand! It might be against Rupert Murdoch, Nike or even  Bohemian raposody (feck spelling!) but we have to make our stand or the buggers will run all over us. Well done, G!
There are friendlier places to drink.
Gaz View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
You'll always be Gazsh to me.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2008 at 11:54am
hilarious gouldinho! absolutely hilarious!

but why were u drunk alone watchin the late late show on a friday nite? that sh*ts unhealthy man..
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday
gouldinho View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2008 at 12:03pm
Originally posted by gazsh gazsh wrote:

hilarious gouldinho! absolutely hilarious!

but why were u drunk alone watchin the late late show on a friday nite? that sh*ts unhealthy man..

Ive gone without any wages since late july so cant afford to go out but im not letting that ruin my drunken friday nights, so its just me and pat till next weekend anyway. when i finally get paid, next thursday will be emotional in a good way.
gouldinho View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2008 at 12:41pm
I got around to emailing Brian May
-------------------------------------------------

Dear Mr Brian May

Hello Brian, I wish to express how much joy you and your band mates have given me from the brilliance that is your music and still to this day touring around the world in which it truly was a great pleasure to attend when you visited Dublin recently. But i am afraid i have bad news. Over 2 weeks ago when i was watching the late late show which is a long running talk show on Irish television channel RTE. I was disgusted at a cover version which an opera group performed that night on this show. I found it disrespectful to the great name that is Queen. This version of Bohemian Rapsody was a disgrace to what is one of the greatest songs ever composed. This should never of made television and i apologize to you and the members of Queen from the nation of Ireland for this. I have made a complaint to RTE television for this but if you feel the need to contact them it would be appreciated as many other Queen fans have over this. Thank you for reading this as i know you are a busy man.

Yours sincerely

Derek Goulding
packiesglove View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2008 at 1:06pm
nice 1, cant wait to see the reply
When you're chewing on life's gristle, don't worry give a whistle....
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic