You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Aslan

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2013 at 7:07pm
Poor oul Christy
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2022 at 7:30am
Cracking interview.

Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2023 at 7:44pm
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2023 at 9:25am
Tribute to Christy.

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2023 at 11:55am

IRISH BAND ASLAN have announced that they will continue to perform as a group next year with a new singer who will soon be announced, following the sad passing of frontman Christy Dignam. 

Christy died on 13 June after a long period of illness. The band members have released a statement saying that their new singer will in no way be a “replacement for Christy”, as that would be “absolutely impossible”. 

t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2023 at 2:21pm
Originally posted by Double Maxim Double Maxim wrote:

IRISH BAND ASLAN have announced that they will continue to perform as a group next year with a new singer who will soon be announced, following the sad passing of frontman Christy Dignam. 

Christy died on 13 June after a long period of illness. The band members have released a statement saying that their new singer will in no way be a “replacement for Christy”, as that would be “absolutely impossible”. 

I see they got some criticism over it. Not sure what else people would expect they do have to make a wage and they have done it for the past 40 years in the band.
That said, don't think I would be rushing to pay see them myself now without Christy.
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2023 at 3:16pm
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

I see they got some criticism over it. Not sure what else people would expect they do have to make a wage and they have done it for the past 40 years in the band.
That said, don't think I would be rushing to pay see them myself now without Christy.

Exactly you can only do what Led Zep did if you are loaded.  Even Queen and REM continued when members either died or retired. The Pogues continued when Shane was sacked.   
AKA pedantic kunt
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2023 at 4:26pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Exactly you can only do what Led Zep did if you are loaded.  Even Queen and REM continued when members either died or retired. The Pogues continued when Shane was sacked.   

Spider Stacey on vocals Clap

Tuesday Morning one my faves 
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2023 at 9:20am
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

As did Aslan when Christy was sacked in the early 90's.

Right call to continue on IMO.
Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"
darmack View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darmack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2023 at 11:16am
Aslan ft Nathan Carter at the 4 Seasons Castleblayney, Christmas 2024.

I can see it now.
The dark side.. And the light
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic