You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

John O'Shea

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 404142
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wheelo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2023 at 7:27pm
Originally posted by Badgersboys9 Badgersboys9 wrote:

Originally posted by Wheelo Wheelo wrote:

Unless you’re a serial monster, I don’t know why anyone would have a moan over this appointment. I remember reading before that o shea is very well thought of as a coach and was tipped to be a manager when playing at United. Has played at highest level, seems like a decent chap, has earned his stripes in the background at smaller clubs and with Ireland under 21s - worth a shot. Best of luck to him, hope it goes well 

LOL

Took me a minute to twig - serial moaner I meant! Smile
"Not surprised you are anti foreigner in your so called Kip of a town when you don’t want a manager because he is Swedish and you want big Sam in charge" - a fine post from a fine ybig poster
Sponsored Links

Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2023 at 7:48pm
Richard Dunne ? 
AKA pedantic kunt
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2023 at 4:10am
Apart from the length of time it took to get someone on board, I think it's an encouraging appointment. From a career perspective, our current players can only dream of having the playing career he had. He knows the players in the underage structures. He's gone about his coaching career without much fuss (unlike Duff or Keane for example).And what's the point in having former players getting a pro-license and a few years coaching experience if they can't be promoted from within.

I always laugh at the "he seems well regarded as a coach". This gets said about any coach that ever gets linked. 
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2023 at 9:04am
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Apart from the length of time it took to get someone on board, I think it's an encouraging appointment. From a career perspective, our current players can only dream of having the playing career he had. He knows the players in the underage structures. He's gone about his coaching career without much fuss (unlike Duff or Keane for example).And what's the point in having former players getting a pro-license and a few years coaching experience if they can't be promoted from within.

I always laugh at the "he seems well regarded as a coach". This gets said about any coach that ever gets linked. 

Depends where that talk is coming from though - That was said a lot by people close to Reading when he started coaching there so isn't always just plucked out of nowhere.
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2023 at 5:58pm
Bookies favorite for the Reading job now LOL
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2023 at 6:10pm
Originally posted by Bandwagon Bandwagon wrote:

Bookies favorite for the Reading job now LOL

I wouldn't pay too much attention to that. They'll be waiting until the end of the season to see how Hunty gets on, see if they stay up, see who is available etc. 
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2023 at 6:26pm
If he's smart he'll wait a bit before jumping into management, especially at a club like Reading right now.
Piskin View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Piskin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2023 at 12:30am
Like Steve Staunton he lacks the required aggression for management. 
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2023 at 7:44pm
Has left his role as first team coach with Stoke to focus fully on his role with Ireland.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 404142
  Share Topic