You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Enda Stevens

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 262728
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2023 at 8:55am
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

I'd be surprised if O'Connell ever plays again, I think he basically has no cartilage left in his knee. As for Enda, he's definitely still good enough for the Championship, seeing him drop to L1 would be disappointing.

Unfortunately, it's hard to say that re Enda after the season he's just had, he only managed 9 starts in the Championship and 3 sub apps and turns 33 in July (only 22 Ch starts the season before). A Championship club could take a punt on him, but injuries may be beginning to take their toll. Difficult to see him adding to his 25 caps at this stage.
Idah Dream!
Sponsored Links

amccarten313 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amccarten313 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2023 at 5:28pm
great run at sheff u for enda, interesting to see where he will end up. their 1st season in the premier league he was great, one of the best in the league
pateen View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pateen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2023 at 5:50pm
Back to Shamrock Rovers, genuine question?
Flying so high, trying to remember
How many cigarettes did I bring along?
When I get down I'll jump in a taxi cab
Driving through London town, to cry you a song
belt View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan
Fantasy Football Champion 17/18

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote belt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2023 at 6:31pm
Originally posted by pateen pateen wrote:

Possibly the one position they need reinforcing the least with Trevor Clarke and Neil Farrugia there
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2023 at 8:38pm
Originally posted by belt belt wrote:

Originally posted by pateen pateen wrote:

Possibly the one position they need reinforcing the least with Trevor Clarke and Neil Farrugia there

They'd also have to make him the best paid player in Ireland and even then it probably wouldn't temp him.
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2023 at 10:32am
Signs a 1 year contract at Stoke. 
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2023 at 11:21am
That's a decent signing for Stoke who left a few go in the summer and need bodies. Will provide cover for Tymon at LB/LWB and can also cover LCB if needed.
SeanC View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeanC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2023 at 11:08pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Signs a 1 year contract at Stoke. 
If he stays fit he’ll be a good signing for them. Delighted for Stevens, half decent club.
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2023 at 3:13pm
Starts for Stoke today.
Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2023 at 11:47pm
Unfortunately Enda rarely had a good game for ireland even when he was a premier league regular.

Even with all of the injuries to our squad currently he probably shouldn't be near it.

I know a good few of his mates were part of the delaney olay olay brigade, but even they can't defend him being in the team in 2023.

Edited by Maccatacca - 07 Sep 2023 at 11:49pm
Fitz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fitz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2023 at 2:23am
Originally posted by Maccatacca Maccatacca wrote:

Unfortunately Enda rarely had a good game for ireland even when he was a premier league regular.

Even with all of the injuries to our squad currently he probably shouldn't be near it.

I know a good few of his mates were part of the delaney olay olay brigade, but even they can't defend him being in the team in 2023.

Spot-on, was never up to the required standard. 
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2023 at 10:28am
Had a decent start to the season at Stoke given his injury issues. Played the full 90 in Stokes five League games.

For his own sake he's better of retiring from international football. First game since Ukraine at home last summer because of injuries and he gets injured half way through the first half.

The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2023 at 10:49am
It’s rare I’ve ever felt sorry for a player but last night was one thing of those occasions. If he wasn’t being skinned on the outside, he was getting megged or Dembele was drawing him in and then dinking the ball over his foot and running past him.

I thought he started fairly positively up until the first goal but he’d a tough night until the break.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2023 at 10:52am
Dembele aside, he should not be in the squad anymore never mind the team. His 'best' days are long long behind him.
I love beer gardens
Banana_RepublicFC View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banana_RepublicFC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2023 at 11:10am
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

It’s rare I’ve ever felt sorry for a player but last night was one thing of those occasions. If he wasn’t being skinned on the outside, he was getting megged or Dembele was drawing him in and then dinking the ball over his foot and running past him.

I thought he started fairly positively up until the first goal but he’d a tough night until the break.

Enda needed to beg Dembélé to stop.

Like so:

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 262728
  Share Topic