You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Séamus Coleman

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 228229230
Author
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Godzilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Yesterday at 9:39am
At least his passing accuracy was respectable last night.

He kept timing his runs poorly. Caught offside a few times.

He was constantly moaning as well. He clearly shoves a Swiss player in the back with both hands and then wasn't happy about the decision for 2 mins afterwards. Clear foul.

He'll be almost 36 by the time The Nations League games start. Time to move on.

Sponsored Links

nice triangles View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nice triangles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Yesterday at 9:50am
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Originally posted by nice triangles nice triangles wrote:

Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Originally posted by nice triangles nice triangles wrote:

Genuinely was stunned when he got the MOTM last night, a good few sitting near us laughed out loud when it was announced - did his Mam pick it? He made too many mistakes last night. Near the end when we had a bit of a head of steam built up and were threatening their goal, the Swiss looked stretched for once, the ball fell to Seamus, there was an easy ball out to his right (Sykes I think) - instead he tried the big switch over to Smzodics, made an absolute balls of it and it went out for a throw. Totally deflated the moment, you could see a few of our players shaking their heads.

Sykes and szmodics were not on the pitch at the same time. 
I did say I Sykes 'I think'......if it was Sykes then obvs it can't have been Sammie S on the far side, as one replaced the other. Anyway, the point stands, whoever he tried the big switch over to he made a balls of it. Did you see this? Or are you just being pedantic to deflect.

Chill out. I wasn’t having a go 😀😀😀 it was a brutal ball to Ferguson and it went over his head. Coleman was poor last night.  Should never have been man of the match and why did JOS give him 180 mins plus. 
Fair enough ...think I need more / less coffee 
Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Yesterday at 9:58am
Originally posted by Godzilla Godzilla wrote:

He was constantly moaning as well. He clearly shoves a Swiss player in the back with both hands and then wasn't happy about the decision for 2 mins afterwards. Clear foul.

What were his completion stats?

I kept an eye on him in the first 10-20 minutes and he misplaced passes in good attacking positions at least 3 or 4 times during that period.
Godzilla View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Godzilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Yesterday at 10:02am
Originally posted by Maccatacca Maccatacca wrote:

I kept an eye on him in the first 10-20 minutes and he misplaced passes in good attacking positions at least 3 or 4 times during that period.

41/51 passes (80.4%)
0/3 long balls completed

He started off poorly. Then improved when we had more possession in the 2nd half.
Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Yesterday at 10:11am

Originally posted by Maccatacca Maccatacca wrote:

41/51 passes (80.4%)
0/3 long balls completed

He started off poorly. Then improved when we had more possession in the 2nd half.

Wouldn't mind knowing how many he completed going forwards in the opposition half. I'd guess between 8-10.
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Yesterday at 10:20am
Sad to say but Coleman looks done.
I don't blame him at all as he wants to play and will give his all but it was an indictment of O'Shea to leave him on after HT yesteday.  Managers need to be cruel and O'Shea wasn't.  That or he couldnt see it, which is possibly worse.
Breen giving him MotM was a stunning development.
Godzilla View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Godzilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Yesterday at 10:27am
Originally posted by Fozz Fozz wrote:

Sad to say but Coleman looks done.
I don't blame him at all as he wants to play and will give his all but it was an indictment of O'Shea to leave him on after HT yesteday.  Managers need to be cruel and O'Shea wasn't.  That or he couldnt see it, which is possibly worse.
Breen giving him MotM was a stunning development.

RTÉ isn't great these days, but Virgin is way worse.

It always feels like Tommy Martin is a comedian doing a skit or something, but then you realise that he's actually meant to be a serious presenter who anchors the show. 

It was like they were given a brief before the game. Mick was giving O'Shea his backing pre-game and Delaney was basically writing off foreign candidates. They weren't quite as vocal after game. 

Breen must be drunk with some of his MotM choices. 

ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Yesterday at 10:39am
Give me Seamus Coleman over Matt Doherty any day of the week. 
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
JoxerDaly View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoxerDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Yesterday at 10:41am
Originally posted by ShamtheRam ShamtheRam wrote:

Give me Seamus Coleman over Matt Doherty any day of the week. 

Big difference when Doc came on, we actually got up the pitch on the right side. He made some good runs into the box and nearly set Idah up with the overhead kick. 
razzmatazaz View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote razzmatazaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Yesterday at 12:33pm
Irish footballers with punchable faces thread.

Seamus Coleman
Dara O'Shea

Heads on them annoy me so much.
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Yesterday at 2:22pm
Originally posted by razzmatazaz razzmatazaz wrote:

Irish footballers with punchable faces thread.

Seamus Coleman
Dara O'Shea

Heads on them annoy me so much.
Best fans in the world, lads Clap
Tapo View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tapo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Yesterday at 4:34pm
Seamus played well against Belgium. It was a big ask for him to play three days later considering age, recent injuries etc. But that's more on O'Shea than it is on Seamus. He still brings a lot to this team, but his minutes need to be managed. Last night was a missed opportunity to give some needed experience to Ebosele. 

As for player-of-the-match, I don't think any Irish player should be getting it in a game we lose.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 228229230
  Share Topic