You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Aston Villa

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 120121122
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2022 at 9:42pm
He's no Pochettino winner of sweet f**k all Thumbs Up
It would damage this forums' reputation
Sponsored Links

Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2022 at 9:48pm
Good ebening.
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2022 at 10:17pm
Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

Originally posted by Territorial Territorial wrote:

Originally posted by Double Maxim Double Maxim wrote:

Sporting Lisbon manager Ruben Amorim in the frame for the Villa job.  

Not any more - they've gone for (Arsenal reject) Unai Emery:

Hes no reject. Give the man the respect he deserves!!
He was rejected (sacked) by them:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50532493

Which is not to say he's a bad manager, as his record in Spain and France shows, but for whatever reason, he didn't do well in his one spell in the EPL. (Also sacked by Spartak Moscow after 6 months).
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2022 at 10:53pm
Hes won 4 Uefa Cups. That's an unbelievable achievement. If an Irish manager did that he would have the Irish job for life after. Plus hed have a statue and an airport built after him in a bog!! The English would be going on about it like 66 if one of theirs did it. As it happens i dont think Villa will be a good fit for him. Maybe he will prove us wrong but what can he really achieve there? What can anyone achieve in a middle of the road club by PL standards now. I'll be watching out for him tho. Seems a likeable guy too.
I love beer gardens
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2022 at 2:55am

Hes won 4 Uefa Cups. That's an unbelievable achievement. If an Irish manager did that he would have the Irish job for life after. Plus hed have a statue and an airport built after him in a bog!! The English would be going on about it like 66 if one of theirs did it. As it happens i dont think Villa will be a good fit for him. Maybe he will prove us wrong but what can he really achieve there? What can anyone achieve in a middle of the road club by PL standards now. I'll be watching out for him tho. Seems a likeable guy too.
Brilliant! But we have an Irish manager for life, apparently.  
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2022 at 1:30pm

Hes won 4 Uefa Cups. That's an unbelievable achievement.
Theres no doubt he's  fine coach, but things have moved on a helluva way since the days of eg Brian Clough, when a top coach (manager) could come in and transform a club virtually single-handed.

And if you look at Emery's time with Sevilla, the whole set-up was very well organised, with Monchi being much more influential in building a whole club over the long term:

While at both Sevilla and Villareal, both clubs made the strategic decision that they simply could not compete in La Liga with the Big Three, so hardly even tried, instead concentrating all their efforts on Europe. Consequently, Emery's record in La Liga is nothing special. And this measured piece suggests that Villareal fans might not be quite so upset at losing him as outsiders might think:

As it happens i dont think Villa will be a good fit for him. Maybe he will prove us wrong but what can he really achieve there? What can anyone achieve in a middle of the road club by PL standards now. I'll be watching out for him tho.
That's the key. Its clear that Villa are a very political (small "p") club, with all sorts of personalities fighting like cats in a bag behind the scenes, to claim whatever credit is going, and deflect whatever blame is due. With Gerrard only being the most recent, high-profile victim of this.

If I had to guess, Id say Emery will suffer from this, in the same way as he did at Arsenal, before the latter got a proper grip on things and allowed Arteta to do the job his way.

Seems a likeable guy too.
Very true.

Which makes the Arsenal fans treatment of him pretty disgraceful, including when they mocked his English. Fot not only was his English better than half of them(!), but it was quckly up there with eg Arsene Wenger's English, even after the latter had a decade or more in the country.
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2022 at 4:18pm
Here is the analyse of Pochettino with Spurs 

It would damage this forums' reputation
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 120121122
  Share Topic