You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

'Polish Guide Launched'

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap for Pope Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 'Polish Guide Launched'
    Posted: 06 Dec 2011 at 1:08pm
Saw this on the Uefa website. Had a sconse and although i've accom booked up, might forgoe the deposit on the hostels i've sourced if the hotels they have are available at the prices they say.....

The Polish Guide website – www.polishguide2012.pl – offers those planning trips detailed information about Poland and its four UEFA EURO 2012 host cities, Gdansk, Poznan, Warsaw and Wroclaw. Besides information about the stadiums, fan zones, team base camps, and security and safety, the website also offers a transport guide.
Living for Away days
Sponsored Links

The Vodka Yeti View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Vodka Yeti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2011 at 1:20pm
Ha you beat me to it TFP, I've just put a page up on my blog about this,
there's plusses and minuses to this new promotion, but if any of you folks find a good deal on it, please let me know and I can spread the word.

Edited by The Vodka Yeti - 06 Dec 2011 at 3:06pm
Saint Tom View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saint Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2011 at 1:57pm
why have they got three rugger posh tarts in the picture for the irish flag?
My destination inchicore my next stop being kilmainham
Where patriots and super saints are the topics of conversation
St.Pauli Reloaded 2 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote St.Pauli Reloaded 2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2011 at 2:46pm
Originally posted by Saint Tom Saint Tom wrote:

Thats is Gick  Angry what the Fcuk were Uefa at here ? something to do with sponsor ?
In Martin and Roy we Trust !
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Vodka Yeti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2011 at 3:11pm

Haha good spot, I shall point this out to the authorities concerned, and of course on my blog

MASSIVE FAIL

I think this is the term my younger students use these days LOL

Actually Saint Tom it gives me an idea.

We should offer an alternative picture?  What do you have in your archives?

That is presentable LOLWink

green dragon View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote green dragon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2011 at 3:14pm
Anybody going to use this to book anything?
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2011 at 3:19pm
Great findClap
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
AidoM View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
Real life Fr Austin Purcell

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AidoM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2011 at 3:25pm
Originally posted by The Vodka Yeti The Vodka Yeti wrote:

Haha good spot, I shall point this out to the authorities concerned, and of course on my blog

MASSIVE FAIL

Don't know what Tom has in his archives BUT

there are some great ones of Tom in the YBIG archive   Wink
But what they do have and no-one can deny this now, they have the finest collection of boilers in the world! And I include Canada in that!
Trap for Pope View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap for Pope Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2011 at 3:26pm
Might for Poznan if my booking for 'Frolic Goats Hostel' falls through. Havent heard back from them after someone told me they had taken more bookings than they had beds....

This looks like a good resource on the face of it,
Living for Away days
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2011 at 3:27pm
Mr Yeti, does the 7 day inter city train ticket seem value to you or would individual tickets likely work out cheaper ? Thinking of heading Poznan-Torun-Gdansk-Poznan
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2011 at 3:42pm
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Mr Yeti, does the 7 day inter city train ticket seem value to you or would individual tickets likely work out cheaper ? Thinking of heading Poznan-Torun-Gdansk-Poznan

it is more expensive than the cheapest individual tickets would be for the slowest trains (TLK), but for making those trips, it would probably be cheaper than individual tickets on the faster (EC and EIC) trains. That said, most of the journeys involve TLK trains at some stage so individual tickets may be better.
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2011 at 4:16pm
Cheers Dave
deisedevil View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deisedevil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2011 at 4:32pm

MASSIVE FAIL

Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Vodka Yeti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2011 at 4:38pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

it is more expensive than the cheapest individual tickets would be for the slowest trains (TLK), but for making those trips, it would probably be cheaper than individual tickets on the faster (EC and EIC) trains. That said, most of the journeys involve TLK trains at some stage so individual tickets may be better.

Could I have that again, but in English Dave?  LOL

The feedback I'm getting, the Polish Pass deal is good for the Regional Railways (Przewozy Regionalne ) tickets, you'll save 33%, but when I check the same routes on the Inter City train routes, the 3 day pass prices seem the same as buying individually at the station.

Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Vodka Yeti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2011 at 4:48pm
Originally posted by deisedevil deisedevil wrote:

LOL I think the idea is NOT to scare the yokels! Wink

SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2011 at 5:12pm

Could I have that again, but in English Dave?  LOL

The feedback I'm getting, the Polish Pass deal is good for the Regional Railways (Przewozy Regionalne ) tickets, you'll save 33%, but when I check the same routes on the Inter City train routes, the 3 day pass prices seem the same as buying individually at the station.

Okay, a few standalone statements.

1) Polish trains have numerous categories (TLK, EC, EIC).

2) Most of the trips we will need to make (Poznan - Torun, Torun - Gdansk, etc) will be on slower TLK trains.

3) Tickets for TLK trains are cheaper than tickets on EC and EIC trains.

4) The total cost of the TLK tickets we would need to buy would appear to be less than the cost of the Polish pass.

Individual tickets seem to be about €15 each, so Poznan - Torun, Torun - Gdansk, Gdansk - Torun, Torun - Poznan inside 7 days would probably be under €75 and certainly not much more. By way of example, the cost on www.polrail.com (a polish travel agency selling tickets), the cost of a Poznan to Gdansk ticket on a TLK train taking round about 4 hours is 73 zloty, about €16.

In short, there doesn't seem to be a need to buy the pass.
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Vodka Yeti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2011 at 5:46pm

In short, there doesn't seem to be a need to buy the pass.

I concur.

I’ve just done a quick scout around the site and at first glance it seems to me you’re better off doing your flights, accommodation and inter-city train tickets yourself via other means/sites, I can’t see you saving much, if anything, going through this site.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic