You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

2012 Season: Transfers/Rumours

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 272829
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote soccerc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2012 at 8:42pm
Originally posted by UCD AFC UCD AFC wrote:

Originally posted by roverstillidie roverstillidie wrote:

Well Kelly is leaving because he has decided full time football isn't for him.

any update/ confirmation on this? back to bray or what?

Pats apparently but not confirmed
Sponsored Links

GoneToShowgies View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoneToShowgies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2012 at 9:14pm
Signed to young lads today, both trialists. Cawley lad from Mayo and a lad from Haiti named Pascal Millen. Today was last day for a player to sign if he requires International clearence. Two of the u19 lads, who are on the Rovers/ IT scholorship were promoted to the first team squad and signed two year contracts. too.
The U View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The U Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2012 at 9:31pm
i did a quick google on the millen chap and found the most f**ked up thread ever, starts normal then turns into weird sh*t

http://www.haitixchange.com/index.php/forums/viewthread/7669/P0/
Guf10 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
...fond of the jar.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guf10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2012 at 10:32pm
Dominic Foley great signing for Limerick, if they dont walk the first division this season, it will be beyond me!
2 in a row, 2 in a row, 2 in a row

soccerc View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote soccerc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2012 at 10:34pm
Originally posted by Guf10 Guf10 wrote:

Dominic Foley great signing for Limerick, if they dont walk the first division this season, it will be beyond me!

He's one, how shall I say, COONT
Guf10 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
...fond of the jar.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guf10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2012 at 11:00am
Originally posted by soccerc soccerc wrote:

Originally posted by Guf10 Guf10 wrote:

He's one, how shall I say, COONT

Why?

I remember him from my championship manager 00/01 days
2 in a row, 2 in a row, 2 in a row

Cotsy View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cotsy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2012 at 12:41pm
DomerKNACK Foley is a **** of the hisghest order, slimey bag of sh*t. Hope we get Limerick in the cup.
Bohs Till I Die
The Saint View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Saint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2012 at 1:07pm
what does everyone have against Foley?
FAIlure

Good shot, lovely ............ oh good jaysus
Funsize Crouchy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Funsize Crouchy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2012 at 6:00pm
Originally posted by The Saint The Saint wrote:

what does everyone have against Foley?

from Wiki

Transfer controversies

Foley caused controversy in 2005 when he successfully had his contract with Bohemians terminated over the failure of payment by the club of "bonuses". He then signed for Gent which had played against the Irish side only a few weeks before, sparking rumours of secret meetings between player and management after the game.

In 2009, Gent accused Cercle Brugge of secret reunions with Foley before he was allowed to speak to clubs to discuss his future. With his contract due to expire at the end of the season, the former's general manager, Michel Louwagie, claimed the player had discussed a contract before the allowed date of 1 January, saying: "I don't at all appreciate the way Cercle have behaved in relation to Foley. It is against the rules." On January 21, Cercle announced that Foley had signed a three-year contract with the club, starting in June 2009.[7] On the 27th, however, both clubs agreed on an immediate transfer, during the winter transfer window.

so he wanted to play in Belgium, Bohs wanted a fee for him as he was under contract and he said he hadn't been paid and wanted his contract terminated so he could then sign for Gent for free.
The Saint View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Saint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2012 at 11:10am
I see that Aidan Price is in our squad photo for this season.

FAIlure

Good shot, lovely ............ oh good jaysus
GoneToShowgies View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoneToShowgies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2012 at 9:37pm
Ian Baraclough new Sligo Rovers manager.

Best of luck, looking forward to geting he season started now.

soccerc View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote soccerc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2012 at 9:38pm
ligo Rovers can announce the appointment of Ian Baraclough as the club’s new manager.

The 42-year-old joins Sligo Rovers after the unanimous approval of the club’s interview board as the outstanding candidate for the Bit o‘ Red job.

The former S****horpe United manager has said joining Sligo Rovers is an exciting challenge and one that he is relishing.

“I’m looking forward to it. It’s a fantastic opportunity and I‘m very thankful for the chance. The club has had a magnificent four or five years and moved to a very high level, one that I want to continue. It’ll be a tough job to carry it on but I’m determined to do it.

“Timescales are not helping in terms of the league starting but there is nothing that can be done about that now and I just want to get down to work with the group of players.

“There is a keenness about the club and I think we want to show that this is where the club belongs. We want to make a massive effort to move the club further forward and bring more success to Sligo Rovers.

“The season starts on Friday night and I can’t wait to get started.”
Clonbhoy View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
AKA Sir Basil Butterpeas Esquire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clonbhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2012 at 1:18am
Have a lot of fondness for Sligo for personal reasons and he would not have been my choice.Best of luck to him though
TBWRA View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TBWRA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2012 at 1:19am
McCourt and McGinn back to Derry***aprils fools fools I would imagine :-)

Edited by TBWRA - 01 Apr 2012 at 11:35am
"The Football Grounds of Europe" about Dalymount that :- "You walk down lanes you'd expect to find a backstreet mechanic only to stumble onto a national stadium steeped in tradition and history"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 272829
  Share Topic