You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Next NI Manager

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567
Author
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benchwarmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2012 at 6:23pm
has no one found this article yet?
Sponsored Links

IrishPride View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IrishPride Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2012 at 7:46pm
Scanner is busht so ill type up some of it tonight anyway, Will try and get it all up by tomorrow or friday.
Galway Will Win The 2014 Hurling Championship
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2012 at 8:03pm
Originally posted by benchwarmer benchwarmer wrote:

has no one found this article yet?

if it is anyhting like his Derry Jornal one I would waste my time ......talk about over egging the pudding..............as bad as the Belfast Telegraph and their continual mis representatiion on the eligibitly issue

writing for the Orish Mail Jesus,.......... what did Groucho Marx say about principles ?

Edited by Newryrep - 22 Jan 2012 at 8:09pm
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2012 at 11:44am
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2012 at 12:28pm
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
RogerMilla View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2012 at 12:35pm
i am one of the few people who likes GAA and likes brolly , and i have to say that is a very harsh article.. harsh but i think he is correct, young lads from that background are only going to play for norn iron as a second choice, they want to play for the real BIG , that who all thier friends and family support
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2012 at 12:51pm
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Is this it?

Confusedwhat do you think I posted yesterday

Opps - sorry about that LOL
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
FREEWHEELER View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
sPICE UP YOUR LIFE Gwan MONROY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEWHEELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2012 at 12:52pm
Brolly is spot on, there's no way Duffy or McClean or any of those lads from a GAA and/or nationalist background are gonna wanna play for the North.  That's disgusting what happened to Brolly's wife's sister in 1992, really was some dreadful stuff going on back then.
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2012 at 1:03pm
Originally posted by FREEWHEELER FREEWHEELER wrote:

Brolly is spot on, there's no way Duffy or McClean or any of those lads from a GAA and/or nationalist background are gonna wanna play for the North.  That's disgusting what happened to Brolly's wife's sister in 1992, really was some dreadful stuff going on back then.

Confused what like Paddy Mc Court ?, It aslo didnt stop the aforementioned for playing for NI previusly albeit at less than senior level
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEWHEELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2012 at 1:15pm

Confused what like Paddy Mc Court ?, It aslo didnt stop the aforementioned for playing for NI previusly albeit at less than senior level

Yeah that's fine and fair play to him, but I'd imagine the take up from such similar would be very low.  If they wanna play for the North fair enough, I wouldn't have a problem whatever they decide by the way and for the record, I don't wish ill on Northern Ireland's fortunes the way alot here seem to have and I've had that before O'Neill took over by the way.  I was delighted when they were punching above their weight in 1982 and 1986. 
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
RogerMilla View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2012 at 1:17pm
i reckon mccourt would have played for us if asked , but he went to celtic fairly late on and had already been capped at derry , NI would have been his second choice, i would imagine...
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2012 at 1:31pm

Yeah that's fine and fair play to him, but I'd imagine the take up from such similar would be very low.  If they wanna play for the North fair enough, I wouldn't have a problem whatever they decide by the way and for the record, I don't wish ill on Northern Ireland's fortunes the way alot here seem to have and I've had that before O'Neill took over by the way.  I was delighted when they were punching above their weight in 1982 and 1986. 
thought it was a pretty poor article TBH FW, like I said as bad as the reporting of the GFA/eligibility issues in the likes of Belfast Telegraph/newsletter. Green white and gold ?
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEWHEELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2012 at 1:37pm
Agree, I hate the term Green white and gold and I acknowledge your superior handle on stuff up your way but I can see Brolly's point to be fair.
gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2012 at 1:58pm
The Greysteel chants are probably made up.  The ground actually rocked to "One team in Ireland" after Jimmy Quinn's goal.  This had echoed around Lansdowne 6 months earlier as we beat them 3-0 but much more comprehensively than last May's 5-0.  The whole ground was belting it out for 4 minutes in November as I sat with my head in my hands totally dejected.  Alan McLoughlin silenced that though. 

The Billy Boys was certainly belted out then but not now and plenty of sectarian abuse of our players particularly Alan Kernaghan but nothing re Greysteel that I heard.   

I actually came across my ticket last night digging up old photos but didn't bring a camera that night.  Scan to follow.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567
  Share Topic