You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Doncaster Rovers

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Absolutely Use Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Doncaster Rovers
    Posted: 24 Sep 2011 at 3:45am
Sean O'Driscoll has done a magnificient job with Doncaster Rovers, constantly over achieving since he has been in charge. He must has the smallest budget in the championship. He hasn't exactly brought in a lot of quality players over the summer and now has been placed on gardening leave and replaced with Dean Saunders of all people. I wouldn't leave him manage an U-12 teamShocked
Say nothing till you hear more
Sponsored Links

packiesglove View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote packiesglove Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2011 at 4:36am
was very shocked to see this myself, he turned down a few jobs to stay there too. he will not be out of work for long, plays good football too, doncaster might rue this decision in time. these clubs make me laugh, they have spent most of their existence in lower leagues, make it to championship and survive then sack the guy that made it happen 
When you're chewing on life's gristle, don't worry give a whistle....
PhilliyK View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Granny Grabber

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhilliyK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2011 at 6:03am
This is from an apparent in the know lad on a blades board
"he went on a charity golf day on wednesday organised by Doncaster Rovers, Alan McInally played and at the after golf event Dean Saunders turned up to participate. He was invited by other members of the Doncaster board of Directors. Alan McInally is relevant because he is the agent of Dean Saunders.

John Ryan did not want to sack SoD. there has been a falling out between the board as its come out that the other board members were trying to replace SoD since the start of season behind John Ryans back.

He's been fired because only John Ryan opted against him being sacked. The rest of the board outnumbered Ryan
ALL FACT "

Have to say after the way their tw*t of a chairman acted last year when O'Driscoll was on the verge of joining the blades I hope the club get all they get. The fecking chairman Ryan was on south yorkshire radio on wednesday have pops at sufc ffs rather than sorting his own club out. Always used to like Donny until last year and can only wish O'Driscoll well now he's away from that lot.

PhilliyK View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Granny Grabber

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhilliyK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2011 at 6:05am
Oh and absolutly use, why you hating Saunders? Always thought given the resources - well the complete total lack of resource's he had at Wrexham he did a decent enough job
Absolutely Use View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Absolutely Use Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2011 at 6:17am
Saunders in his  first few season didn't eactly pull up any trees and even last year failed badly in the play-offs.
Say nothing till you hear more
PhilliyK View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Granny Grabber

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhilliyK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2011 at 6:26am
I know that AU but he has had to deal with players simply not turning up for training/match's as they havent been paid, olayers sold without his knowledge, different chairmen, not knowing if he had a job tomorrow as the club was constantly on the verge of going bust. I remember him saying he was getting left out of pocket every week as he had to pick the players up to take them to training/match's in his own car and leave them home but the club couldnt afford to re-imburse him and he like the players wasnt getting paid for large spells.

Not saying he's the next Mourinho or anything but he's gone into football at the tough end of it and experienced a lot worse circumstance's than most managers have to in their entire career so I say good luck to him and to keep Wrexham at the level he has done is a minor miracle as they could have simply drifted away into obscurity by now
PhilliyK View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Granny Grabber

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhilliyK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2011 at 1:09pm
Surely they will be doomed to failure with an attitude like this as players arent gonna be there for more than 4 months at a time or the club wont be able to afford them and they'll only be limited to a set number of loanee's a year

Actually thiking about it, giving agents like McKay this much power can only lead to disaster imo, as once a player isnt in the 1st team at their club, is on his books he'll have them demanding a move to Doncaster so he can feck off somehwhere. Will lead to a lot more player unrest in the lower epl teams. Cant believe the FA are allowing it either as there are strict transfer loan rules which I know get abused but this will be taking the piss as loans are meant to be emergancy's due to injurys once the transfer window is shut
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2015 at 6:58pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic