You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Syria - Jayzus

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 789
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2016 at 1:33pm
http://news.sky.com/story/have-you-no-shame-us-envoy-lashes-out-at-syria-and-russia-over-aleppo-10695400
Have you no shame?!LOL

This coming from the country that's torn the middle east apart for the last 70 years and supported the two biggest international lawbreakers in the world.

Have you no shame America?!

Edited by irishmufc - 14 Dec 2016 at 1:34pm
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
FREEWHEELER View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
sPICE UP YOUR LIFE Gwan MONROY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEWHEELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2016 at 1:39pm
Originally posted by heighway2heaven heighway2heaven wrote:

52 minutes, but this should be watched by anybody who has an interest in the actual reality of what's been going on in Syria for the past 6 years.

Can't embed cos I'm a luddite  

Good man, cos my knowledge of this is zero and I would like to educate myself on it.
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2016 at 1:46pm
It seems to me that the only people who deserve sympathy, aid and support are the poor people who are being caught up in the deadly crossfire of the conflict. Their lives are being destroyed, and their existence being threatened in a most egregious manner. Neither side in the conflict deserves any level of support.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2016 at 2:18pm
Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

It seems to me that the only people who deserve sympathy, aid and support are the poor people who are being caught up in the deadly crossfire of the conflict. Their lives are being destroyed, and their existence being threatened in a most egregious manner. Neither side in the conflict deserves any level of support.

With urban warfare like that there'll always be huge numbers of innocent people caught up in it and killed in large numbers.

The choices here are (a) a bad one & (b) a worse one.

The bad one is the regime stays in power and the apparatus of government and society is intact. Syrian society doesn't end up like Libya.

The worse one is the jihadists taking over the country and the apparatus of government being destroyed and society breaking down even more to the point than it already has. Look at Afghanistan, Iraq & Libya and it's simply worse to replace brutal dictators or regimes not your liking a which results in a vacuum and the fundamental elements taking over. Any legitimate grievances or cause the rebels in Syria have, have been swallowed up by the jihadist element within it and it's worse to support the overthrow of the government if it results in the complete collapse of Syria as a functioning state.

We also have no real idea if the majority of Syrians actually want Assad gone because if the alternative is ISIS, then you'd have to think the former is the lesser of the two evils.

Russia are supporting the Syrian government against ISIS and the U.S./UK are supporting the Iraqi government against ISIS. This is definitely the better option and vital the apparatus of government in those countries doesn't collapse. They'll need to come to some sort of agreement on Syria with Assad/Russia once ISIS is destroyed on the ground first in Iraq and Syria.    
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2016 at 2:28pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

With urban warfare like that there'll always be huge numbers of innocent people caught up in it and killed in large numbers.

The bad one is the regime stays in power and the apparatus of government and society is intact. Syrian society doesn't end up like Libya.

The worse one is the jihadists taking over the country and the apparatus of government being destroyed and society breaking down even more to the point than it already has. Look at Afghanistan, Iraq & Libya and it's simply worse to replace brutal dictators or regimes not your liking a which results in a vacuum and the fundamental elements taking over. Any legitimate grievances or cause the rebels in Syria have, have been swallowed up by the jihadist element within it and it's worse to support the overthrow of the government if it results in the complete collapse of Syria as a functioning state.

We also have no real idea if the majority of Syrians actually want Assad gone because if the alternative is ISIS, then you'd have to think the former is the lesser of the two evils.

Russia are supporting the Syrian government against ISIS and the U.S./UK are supporting the Iraqi government against ISIS. This is definitely the better option and vital the apparatus of government in those countries doesn't collapse. They'll need to come to some sort of agreement on Syria with Assad/Russia once ISIS is destroyed on the ground first in Iraq and Syria.    

Very interesting and valid points. 
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2016 at 3:02pm

They'll need to come to some sort of agreement on Syria with Assad/Russia once ISIS is destroyed on the ground first in Iraq and Syria.    
Will this ever happen or will we just end up with Real ISIS and Continuity ISIS ?

"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
randyrandolph View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randyrandolph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2016 at 3:19pm

http://news.sky.com/story/have-you-no-shame-us-envoy-lashes-out-at-syria-and-russia-over-aleppo-10695400
Have you no shame?!LOL

This coming from the country that's torn the middle east apart for the last 70 years and supported the two biggest international lawbreakers in the world.

Have you no shame America?!

yep. the country that has carried out 100's of nuclear weapon tests on islands in the pacific. sound lads all together LOL
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2016 at 4:01pm

Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

Agree with ya there Muff.
Cheers for the video H2H, well worth a watch.
heighway2heaven View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heighway2heaven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2016 at 3:42pm
Unconfirmed reports that 14 NATO and US coalition military officers were caught by SAA special forces in an East Aleppo bunker this morning, including a US and an Israeli officer. Other reports saying French, British and German as well as Gulf States too. This could be quite the cock-up if true LOL

No wonder there's been so much clamour in recent weeks for a ceasefire (read: halt in SAA advancement).

http://giant.gfycat.com/LimpLittleArabianoryx.gif
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2017 at 10:49pm
A terribly sad story from Syria today. Just one of hundreds of thousands from the war.

I don't know what it is about Mehmet's story that touched me but I find it very admirable that somebody would put themselves in harms way for something that clearly meant so much to them. You know, to try and make a difference without picking up a gun.

I just hope himself and the poor woman who died beside him went quickly and without pain.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/sep/27/british-film-maker-killed-mehmet-aksoy-militants-raqqa-syria
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2017 at 7:47am
Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

A terribly sad story from Syria today. Just one of hundreds of thousands from the war.

I don't know what it is about Mehmet's story that touched me but I find it very admirable that somebody would put themselves in harms way for something that clearly meant so much to them. You know, to try and make a difference without picking up a gun.

I just hope himself and the poor woman who died beside him went quickly and without pain.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/sep/27/british-film-maker-killed-mehmet-aksoy-militants-raqqa-syria
Yeah, I shed a tear when I read that myself. There was something incredibly humane about his story.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 789
  Share Topic