You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

More than football - in the blood

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wheelo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: More than football - in the blood
    Posted: 15 Sep 2011 at 1:59pm
I hope the mods dont mind me posting this up! But just wanted to give this book a plug - the story was given great coverage on the bbc as it happened and all profits are going to a leukemia chaity in wales

The chap actually played with Drogheda a good few years ago and was one of the best defenders I've seen in the league (the diary was actually edited by my brother!)

Recommend it for a tenner Thumbs Up

Release date: 
Mon, 12/09/2011

Footballer Chris Todd has launched his autobiography ‘More than football in the blood’, recounting his diagnosis and brave battle against chronic myeloid leukaemia. Chris, 30, was diagnosed in November 2008 while he was playing for Torquay United. 

In the season he was diagnosed, the centre back was an essential part of the Torquay team that secured promotion back into the Football League from the Blue Square Bet Premier.

In his book, Chris writes about how he has coped with leukaemia, while battling back to fitness to play football. Chris now plays for Blue Square Bet Premier team Forest Green Rovers and remains a committed supporter of Leukaemia & Lymphoma Research. Profits from the book will go to the charity.

Chris says: “The book’s an honest account of how I felt at the time of being diagnosed and during my initial treatment. I went from thinking I might never play again, to appearing at Wembley with Torquay United for the play off final. It was a sort of ‘zero to hero’ type story. Because of the work of charities like Leukaemia & Lymphoma Research and the tablets I’m taking, I’m now healthy and playing football again. 

I suppose the point of the book is to give other people in the same situation hope. These things happen, but it’s so important to stay positive. There are good outcomes and it’s possible to survive cancer and pursue your career and live life to the full.”

Chris will be signing copies of his book for Torquay United supporters before their home match against Cheltenham Town on Tuesday 13 September. The signing will take place at 6pm at the Gull’s Nest bar in the Plainmoor stadium. The Torquay United Supporters Trust have also organised a half time collection for Leukaemia & Lymphoma Research. 

‘More than football in the blood’ is available from the club shops of all the teams that Chris has played for or for £8.22 including P&P by emailing christopher.todd@tesco.net

"Not surprised you are anti foreigner in your so called Kip of a town when you don’t want a manager because he is Swedish and you want big Sam in charge" - a fine post from a fine ybig poster
Sponsored Links

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic