You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

James McCarthy

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 244245246
Author
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heimatklange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2022 at 9:44pm
https://thecelticstar.com/james-mccarthy-latest-as-ange-confirms-midfielder-blow/

no need to worry about selecting him now as hes suffered a "significant injury".

have to feel for poor James. he must be wrecked by the 62 minutes of competitive football he's been made play this season. 

Should Pastagoglu have been managing his games better?
Sponsored Links

The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2022 at 10:02pm
Originally posted by Heimatklange Heimatklange wrote:

https://thecelticstar.com/james-mccarthy-latest-as-ange-confirms-midfielder-blow/

no need to worry about selecting him now as hes suffered a "significant injury".

have to feel for poor James. he must be wrecked by the 62 minutes of competitive football he's been made play this season. 

Should Pastagoglu have been managing his games better?

Bizarre take, it's hardly McCarthy's fault he's injury prone. The guy has had two of the most catastrophic injuries a professional footballer can have, and suffered them virtually back-to-back. It shouldn't be any surprise he has been left vulnerable to muscle injuries.
We're decent enough..
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2022 at 10:07pm
“James McCarthy, unfortunately, picked up a hamstring injury in training. He will miss out – it’s quite a significant one.

“Obviously with the break coming, he will be back training by the group.”

Ange says first it's a significant injury, but then says with the break coming he'll be back training by the group. If he means he'll be back training after the group stages of the WC he'll be out for a month only.
Greenie50 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greenie50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2022 at 10:10pm
Originally posted by Bukowski Bukowski wrote:

I can't recall an Ireland game where McCarthy really stood out, and he does seem like yesterday's man in some ways, but he's the most like for like replacement for Cullen, and if we need him and he's willing and able I am in favour of having him involved.

He isn't playing a great deal so he might be keen to get a game.

Nah, he done with Ireland. Can't stay injury free, can't sprint. Last time he played for us was vs Slovakia and he went off injured after 60'.

Any few more caps you could rinse out of him would be far better spent blooding younger lads like Coventry or Hodge.
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2023 at 5:58pm

James more than within his rights to hold out for his 2 million here I'd say. A lesson for Celtic to cut out the scattergun approach to signing players they end up not using.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2023 at 5:58pm
Madness signing him on a 4 year deal.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2023 at 6:45pm
Unsurprisingly, despite Brendan Rodgers' assurances that he'd be moving on, he didn't. Another four months at least of easy money for him anyway.

Edited by You Tell Me - 02 Sep 2023 at 6:46pm
Heimatklange View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heimatklange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2023 at 10:07pm
poor james has been ran into the ground by celtic and all the minutes hes played Wink
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2023 at 12:24am
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Unsurprisingly, despite Brendan Rodgers' assurances that he'd be moving on, he didn't. Another four months at least of easy money for him anyway.

Might still. I got the impression they were trying to comes to terms to terminate his contract early, in which case he'd be a free agent and can sign for anyone at any point of the season. Because no club was ever going to pay any sort of fee for him.

Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2023 at 7:12am
They'd have had to have done that by Friday to allow him to move freely - no mention of it so far so it seems they haven't. There are still some transfer windows open around the world so he could make a long distance move, but it sounds like he is fairly settled back in Glasgow so I don't think he's in any rush to go anywhere.
Heimatklange View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heimatklange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2023 at 10:01pm
lining out for celtic b tonight
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2023 at 10:10pm
Should be in contention come March
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2023 at 10:16pm
One for the future along with Young Doherty
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2023 at 10:21pm
Mental he still has 18 months to go on his contract, his agent played a blinder there LOL
SeaSharp View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeaSharp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2023 at 10:50pm
Originally posted by Bandwagon Bandwagon wrote:

Mental he still has 18 months to go on his contract, his agent played a blinder there LOL
On par with Harry Arter's agent 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 244245246
  Share Topic