Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Lets all laugh at Everton

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 789
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2016 at 8:10pm
Stones? He has been a disaster for them, although to be fair, that has been Martinez fault too.
Sponsored Links

Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2016 at 12:11am
They should sell Stones, Barkley and Lukaku for as much as possible which should be around the £100m, get rid of Martinez,give the new boss money to build a new team. They would still have a decade squad to work from and a half dozen additional players should see them prosper. New boss Ronald Koeman. And sign Paddy Forster, Harry Arter, Arnautovic, Ighalo and Shawcross.

Edited by Cabra Hoop - 05 Apr 2016 at 12:21am
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
BarryO View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BarryO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2016 at 9:43am
Originally posted by bannerboy95 bannerboy95 wrote:

With Coleman, Stones, Barkley and Lukaku they should be in the top 6 at least those 4 players could even have proved to be title winners in any side given how the league has been this season

That is very naive. You could pick four players out of most sides and say they could be top six players. Everton do not have a budget they should not be a top six side. They have the budget of a team fighting for relegation. Coleman is no great right back and has not been for more than two seasons. I'd question whether he should even be starting for Everton. Stones, Barkley and Lukaku may be great players in the future but right now they are just very promising young players. Arsenal, Manchester City, Manchester United, Chelsea, Liverpool and Tottenham all have better squads than Everton and much bigger budgets so how many teams so you think fit into the top six? Everton's rightful place is between 11th and 17th so they are where they should be. Moyes had that club overachieving for years. Everton have the same budget as Aston Villa.
Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2016 at 9:56am

With Coleman, Stones, Barkley and Lukaku they should be in the top 6 at least those 4 players could even have proved to be title winners in any side given how the league has been this season

Any manager can have one bad season. I hate the way football has gone so trigger happy when it comes to sacking managers. It's not as if they're in a relegation scrap, he should have enough credit in the bank from last season to still be in charge come August.
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
BarryO View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BarryO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2016 at 10:02am
Originally posted by Drumcondra 69er Drumcondra 69er wrote:

Any manager can have one bad season. I hate the way football has gone so trigger happy when it comes to sacking managers. It's not as if they're in a relegation scrap, he should have enough credit in the bank from last season to still be in charge come August.

What did he do last season that is different to this season? I agree he should not be sacked but they are having a replicate season to last season. Finishing where they should bottom half. I am not sl*gging Everton even as a Liverpool supporter I always wish Everton well but today's game is about ownership. If you don't have the owners that invest you can't compete at the top level. Everton should in all probability be scrapping relegation seeing as they work off a similar budget to Aston Villa, West Brom, Newcastle who also have owners who don't invest as well as teams who come up from the Championship. Martinez is doing a decent job getting them to safety just below half way in the table. Moyes did a great job getting them to Europe. A bad appointment and Everton could have a season like Vila did this year. There is no reason Martinez should be sacked he is doing a very decent job. But I see no difference in this year compared to last year.

BarryO View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BarryO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2016 at 10:04am
Why is there a * in my sl*gging?
Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2016 at 10:26am
Originally posted by BarryO BarryO wrote:

What did he do last season that is different to this season? I agree he should not be sacked but they are having a replicate season to last season. Finishing where they should bottom half. I am not sl*gging Everton even as a Liverpool supporter I always wish Everton well but today's game is about ownership. If you don't have the owners that invest you can't compete at the top level. Everton should in all probability be scrapping relegation seeing as they work off a similar budget to Aston Villa, West Brom, Newcastle who also have owners who don't invest as well as teams who come up from the Championship. Martinez is doing a decent job getting them to safety just below half way in the table. Moyes did a great job getting them to Europe. A bad appointment and Everton could have a season like Vila did this year. There is no reason Martinez should be sacked he is doing a very decent job. But I see no difference in this year compared to last year.

My bad, was thinking season 13/14 when they finished 5th. Agree with your post.

Edited by Drumcondra 69er - 05 Apr 2016 at 10:28am
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
HelloBarry View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HelloBarry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2016 at 1:22pm

Originally posted by BarryO BarryO wrote:

My bad, was thinking season 13/14 when they finished 5th. Agree with your post.

Thumbs Up couldn't agree more though I like Moyes than Martinez but no doubt last season was better for Martinez 

Quit while you are ahead.
All the best gamblers do.

http://blog.sbobet.com/tips
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2017 at 5:40pm
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2017 at 5:45pm
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2017 at 5:47pm
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2017 at 6:03pm
LOL fair play to the bin man
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2017 at 6:56pm
LOL
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 789
  Share Topic