You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

'Keepers Gloves

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FiremanDan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 'Keepers Gloves
    Posted: 18 Aug 2011 at 5:04pm
Thinking of giving it one last shot after 2 or more years of an absence. Did a training session tonight and it's amazing that no matter how many spinning classes I do or interval training on the treadmill or cross trainer, that you can't beat a decent pre-season session with a decent coach.

Anyway can anyone recommend a decent glove and a decent shop to buy them in?

I traditionally bought Uhlsport over the years and more often than not in the Soccer Shop but I see some lads buying online (probably just so they can personalise them!)

Any decent keepers on here with a tip or two?
Sean Og O Hailpin.... his father's from Fermanagh, his mother's from Fiji, neither a hurling stronghold."

Blue Man View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blue Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2011 at 5:23pm
I'm wearing Zapkam this season. Theres loads of budget brands which do exactly the same job for a fraction of the price of the "big boys". Last time I bought a bigger brand was probably 5 or 6 years ago.

All depends what you feel comfortable in.

www.pro-gk.com are just to name a few but theres loads more like Bearoz, One Sport etc

Theres also a Dublin distributor of Just4Keepers gloves. Very reasonably priced and no delivery charge. I know both of the lads selling them here if you need their numbers if you like the look of them
"Everytime Leeds concede a goal, its like being stabbed in the heart" - Billy Bremner

Gary Speed 1969-2011

YBIG Blind Date Champion 2010
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2011 at 5:27pm
I get Sells from prodirectsoccer.com
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
Blue Man View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blue Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2011 at 5:31pm
Originally posted by ShamtheRam ShamtheRam wrote:

Fella sells (excuse the pun) direct in Ireland. If you have a Facebook, this is the page and info: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Sells-Goalkeeper-Products-Ireland/205216402831924?ref=ts

Probably cuts out delivery cost too but not too sure
"Everytime Leeds concede a goal, its like being stabbed in the heart" - Billy Bremner

Gary Speed 1969-2011

YBIG Blind Date Champion 2010
The Big Club View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Big Club Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2011 at 5:33pm
Back myself this year, great to be back in goals, was decent until round U16/17 then quit for GAA Hurling and soccer just nowThumbs Up
Barry View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2011 at 5:54pm
ask chris turner
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2011 at 5:56pm
Originally posted by Blue Man Blue Man wrote:

Originally posted by ShamtheRam ShamtheRam wrote:

Fella sells (excuse the pun) direct in Ireland. If you have a Facebook, this is the page and info: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Sells-Goalkeeper-Products-Ireland/205216402831924?ref=ts

Probably cuts out delivery cost too but not too sure
I normally just get the two pairs for €50
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
The Big Club View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Big Club Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2011 at 6:15pm
Originally posted by The Q Man The Q Man wrote:

ask chris turner

He wears the gloves, he wears the gloves, he wears the turner wears the gloves greeted him on his arrival in dalyer the odd time he got a game
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic