Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Jeff Hendrick

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 141142143
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2024 at 7:51pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

You were doing well until you mentioned Bono.

LOL
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Sponsored Links

irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2024 at 8:05pm
People praise his Euro 2016 performance but noone ever seems to mention the goal Hendrick created out of nothing  against Georgia in 2014 with a fantastic piece of skill and quick feet. 

We didn't look like scoring in that game and were in serious danger of dropping two points and I'll always appreciate Hendrick for that vital win. 

There's genuine criticism of Hendrick when it comes to his involvement in games on a consistent basis but I will say Sean Dyce wouldn't have played him over 100 times for Burnley if he was doing nothing on the pitch. 

Edited by irishmufc - 13 Feb 2024 at 8:06pm
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2024 at 8:35pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

People praise his Euro 2016 performance but noone ever seems to mention the goal Hendrick created out of nothing  against Georgia in 2014 with a fantastic piece of skill and quick feet. 

We didn't look like scoring in that game and were in serious danger of dropping two points and I'll always appreciate Hendrick for that vital win. 

There's genuine criticism of Hendrick when it comes to his involvement in games on a consistent basis but I will say Sean Dyce wouldn't have played him over 100 times for Burnley if he was doing nothing on the pitch. 

McGeady scored two goals that night no?
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2024 at 8:38pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Home game where Coleman scored the worst Ireland goal ever.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2024 at 8:53pm

The Euro 2016 home qualifier, I'm referring to. 

It was actually in 2015 not 2014. 2014 was the away match McGeady scored his wonder goal.
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2024 at 8:57pm
Originally posted by Maccatacca Maccatacca wrote:

Home game where Coleman scored the worst Ireland goal ever.
Im afraid you're both wrong - McGeady scored twice in the away match in the Euro 2016 qualifiers, Hendrick's neat footwork on the goal line set up the goal for Walters in the home match in that campaign, while Coleman scored that 1-yard screamer at home against them in the WC18 qualifiers.
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2024 at 3:50am
When he first got into the squad he looked like a highly technical player but he seemed to lose that for the rest of his career bar the odd moment.

I’ve seen some mad sh*t on this forum but comparing him to an apologist of a murderous regime (Bono) is a new one LOL
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Given's zimmerframe View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Given's zimmerframe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2024 at 8:03am
His set up for osheas winner in the 1-1 draw with germany 2014 was great
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2024 at 8:22am

Pretty sure it was him who chased down Ashley Williams and did great work on the sideline before getting the cross in for McCleans goal in Cardiff? That was very intelligent as much as anything. He left Williams as the free man for the out ball and then pressed him as soon as the pass was made. Williams sh*te himself and we got the goal 
El Puto Amo
djhegzy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djhegzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2024 at 9:00am
Our Jeff has had moments, some good assists and a couple of goals. and people forget that under kenny he looked our most creative player at times. Its more frustrating how often he drifted out of games when he looked like he had the ability to go up the gears.
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2024 at 9:17am
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

Pretty sure it was him who chased down Ashley Williams and did great work on the sideline before getting the cross in for McCleans goal in Cardiff? That was very intelligent as much as anything. He left Williams as the free man for the out ball and then pressed him as soon as the pass was made. Williams sh*te himself and we got the goal 

It was. He made that goal really down the sideline. Think he might have won the ball back to start off with.
I love beer gardens
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2024 at 9:34am
People started hyping Jeff up after 2016 - He never quite lived up to the hype which people seems to hold against him. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 141142143
  Share Topic