You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Liverpool FC thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 145614571458
Author
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Godzilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 3 hours 8 minutes ago at 10:34am
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Originally posted by Godzilla Godzilla wrote:

Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

Pretty poor end to Klopps tenure at Anfield, humiliated at home by a mid ranking Italian club, and their 2 biggest rivals effectively ending their chances in the FA Cup and the EPL. 

It's been awful. They had a spell where they were winning game after game despite injuries, but it's all unravelled.

United beating them in The FA Cup did something to them mentally. They battered United in the league game at Old Trafford a few weeks later, but could only manage to draw the game. I think winning that game would have given them momentum.

Nobody could have predicted Atalanta beating them 3-0 at Anfield. They deserved it too. They could have scored more goals on the night. Then they put in a professional performance at home when others could have bottled after conceding an early penalty.

Klopp obviously did a very good job at Liverpool. But just one PL title and losing 3 out of 4 European finals will be things he regrets.

We all the the main reason why he didn't win more than one. Or should I say the 115 reasons

See you in court.
Sponsored Links

Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 3 hours 8 minutes ago at 10:34am
Curtis Jones doesn't belong in the midfield of a team chasing the title. 
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 3 hours 7 minutes ago at 10:35am
Rice’s most ineffective games for Arsenal are when he doesn’t have another midfielder sitting for him. He’s a different type of player to Rodri. 

City’s dominance mean you can’t afford any slips. Liverpool know this better than anyone. Arsenal have dropped 5 points in 2024 and most likely won’t win it. 

Liverpool exceeded expectation this season but I expect them to drop off next season. Salah going, van Dijk another year older and a new manager coming in.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Godzilla View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Godzilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 3 hours 6 minutes ago at 10:36am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Curtis Jones doesn't belong in the midfield of a team chasing the title. 

Good squad player. Shouldn't be a regular starter. Elliot has more potential.

Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 3 hours 4 minutes ago at 10:38am

Pretty poor end to Klopps tenure at Anfield, humiliated at home by a mid ranking Italian club, and their 2 biggest rivals effectively ending their chances in the FA Cup and the EPL. 

It's been awful. They had a spell where they were winning game after game despite injuries, but it's all unravelled.

United beating them in The FA Cup did something to them mentally. They battered United in the league game at Old Trafford a few weeks later, but could only manage to draw the game. I think winning that game would have given them momentum.

Nobody could have predicted Atalanta beating them 3-0 at Anfield. They deserved it too. They could have scored more goals on the night. Then they put in a professional performance at home when others could have bottled after conceding an early penalty.

Klopp obviously did a very good job at Liverpool. But just one PL title and losing 3 out of 4 European finals will be things he regrets.

We all the the main reason why he didn't win more than one. Or should I say the 115 reasons

See you in court.

Not a fan of either club but it’s amazing the difference between how Liverpool react to lack of league success and how Man Utd do.  Liverpool always blame some external factor, in this case Man City and alleged sports washing.  You very rarely hear utd fans do this, it’s nearly always an internal issue and blaming the club and themselves.  

There is something in the culture of the Liverpool fan base that always has to blame outside bodies or
Organisations.  They have been 100% spot on when it comes to things like Hillsbrough and how they were treated there was a disgrace.  

It really is interesting that they very rarely turn on their own whereas Utd do it all the time.  
AKA pedantic kunt
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 3 hours 2 minutes ago at 10:40am
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Rice’s most ineffective games for Arsenal are when he doesn’t have another midfielder sitting for him. He’s a different type of player to Rodri. 

City’s dominance mean you can’t afford any slips. Liverpool know this better than anyone. Arsenal have dropped 5 points in 2024 and most likely won’t win it. 

Liverpool exceeded expectation this season but I expect them to drop off next season. Salah going, van Dijk another year older and a new manager coming in.

Not really true this year. City have slipped up in 10 of their games so far - 7 draws and 3 losses. That's almost a third of their matches so far. 
Draws at home to Chelsea, Spurs, Liverpool, Arsenal and Palace. 
Defeats at Wolves, Arsenal and Villa (totally played off the park in that game)

I have been surprised that City were still so close to the top a few times this season, notably in January after they returned from the World Club Championship. 
Those teams had the chance to really kick on then I thought but didn't pick up enough points. 

They'll still drop points in their last 6 I think, just depends if Arsenal drop any. 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2 hours 60 minutes ago at 10:42am
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

See you in court.

Not a fan of either club but it’s amazing the difference between how Liverpool react to lack of league success and how Man Utd do.  Liverpool always blame some external factor, in this case Man City and alleged sports washing.  You very rarely hear utd fans do this, it’s nearly always an internal issue and blaming the club and themselves.  

There is something in the culture of the Liverpool fan base that always has to blame outside bodies or
Organisations.  They have been 100% spot on when it comes to things like Hillsbrough and how they were treated there was a disgrace.  

It really is interesting that they very rarely turn on their own whereas Utd do it all the time.  

100%
We heard this last night after the game when Van Dijk was getting into his interview comments about playing an early kick off on Saturday. 
Always have an excuse. 

4 Years later and they're still crying about a Rodri handball in a game against Everton in February which wasn't given as a penalty. As if that was the only controversial decision that went for a team that season. 

Edited by Roberto Baggio - 2 hours 58 minutes ago at 10:44am
Godzilla View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Godzilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2 hours 59 minutes ago at 10:43am
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

I think Arsenal will take 10 points from their remaining 4 games. That's 87 points. I fancy Spurs to nick a draw.

City can't afford to slip up more than once due to Arsenal's GD. 5 wins out of 6 would mean 88 points.
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2 hours 48 minutes ago at 10:54am

See you in court.

Care to elaborate on this with examples?
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2 hours 46 minutes ago at 10:56am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

See you in court.

100%
We heard this last night after the game when Van Dijk was getting into his interview comments about playing an early kick off on Saturday. 
Always have an excuse. 

4 Years later and they're still crying about a Rodri handball in a game against Everton in February which wasn't given as a penalty. As if that was the only controversial decision that went for a team that season. 

VVD was wrong to mention the 12.30pm kick off last night but the stats on that are there for all to see.
I've not heard anybody mention the Rodri handball.
irish_major View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
Bookie Slayer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irish_major Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 1 hour 59 minutes ago at 11:43am

See you in court.

Not a fan of either club but it’s amazing the difference between how Liverpool react to lack of league success and how

Man Utd do.  Liverpool always blame some external factor, in this case Man City and alleged sports washing.  You very rarely hear utd fans do this, it’s nearly always an internal issue and blaming the club and themselves.  

Here we go again
Gaz View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
You'll always be Gazsh to me.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 1 hour 57 minutes ago at 11:45am
Godzilla - posts deleted with the obvious underlying reference to events I won't mention. 
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday
Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 1 hour 43 minutes ago at 11:59am

Still a season of over-achievement relative to expectation.
There can't be many Liverpool fans that would look at this season as an over-achievement? 
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 1 hour 43 minutes ago at 11:59am
Originally posted by irish_major irish_major wrote:

See you in court.

Not a fan of either club but it’s amazing the difference between how Liverpool react to lack of league success and how

Man Utd do.  Liverpool always blame some external factor, in this case Man City and alleged sports washing.  You very rarely hear utd fans do this, it’s nearly always an internal issue and blaming the club and themselves.  

You'll notice I said "examples" - Plural. Anybody can pick out one example of anything but if something is "in a culture" there should be far more than one example. One example proves nothing.

Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 1 hour 41 minutes ago at 12:01pm
Originally posted by Badgersboys9 Badgersboys9 wrote:

There can't be many Liverpool fans that would look at this season as an over-achievement? 
Most would - Considering how last season ended and the rebuild of the midfield I think most people's hope for this season would be to get back into the CL and hopefully pick up a trophy along the way. To still be in a title race with 6 games to go would have been beyond most fans expectations.
Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 1 hour 36 minutes ago at 12:06pm

Originally posted by Badgersboys9 Badgersboys9 wrote:

Most would - Considering how last season ended and the rebuild of the midfield I think most people's hope for this season would be to get back into the CL and hopefully pick up a trophy along the way. To still be in a title race with 6 games to go would have been beyond most fans expectations.
I see your point as far as expectations at the beginning of the season, but at this stage and in hindsight, it must be a disappointing end of the season given the results over the past weeks? I think quite a lot still expected them to be up there challenging City for the league. If I was a Liverpool fan I think I'd be quite deflated with how this season has ended(granted things could change in the league, but unlikely).
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 1 hour 29 minutes ago at 12:13pm
They'd have expected to at least reach the Europa final 
irish_major View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
Bookie Slayer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irish_major Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 1 hour 28 minutes ago at 12:14pm

Originally posted by irish_major irish_major wrote:

See you in court.

You'll notice I said "examples" - Plural. Anybody can pick out one example of anything but if something is "in a culture" there should be far more than one example. One example proves nothing.

https://www.thisisanfield.com/2023/09/they-just-dont-give-a-bleep-klopp-fails-to-hide-12-30-start-frustrations/

Here we go again
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 145614571458
  Share Topic