You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Liverpool FC thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 145214531454
Author
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Corey100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2024 at 8:53pm
Originally posted by nirvana2024 nirvana2024 wrote:

Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

A thing with City this season I find is that you always find defenders who have no creativity in good attacking positions a lot of the time, the likes of Akanji, Walker or Gvardiol aren't going to open up a defence. 

Gvardiol probably had his best game of the season so far today mind you. 

Silva isn't firing on all cylinders either. Wheres Oscar Bobb gone, scored a great goal at Newcastle and barely featured since. Foden has carried the team truth be told in a creative/attacking sense for most of this season. 

Just saw the run ins there, Liverpool have a run of 3 away games in a row - Everton, Fulham and West Ham, followed by Spurs at home and Villa away. Interesting run of fixtures. 

I still expect City to drop more points. They aren't capable of going on a long winning run this season. 

Not really bothered about Arsenal's run in to be honest 

Typical Pep thinks he can reinvent the wheel and turn his defenders in to attackers. No wonder City look so vulnerable on the break.

I think Pep overates Rodri. He sees him as some sort of playmaker . He really isn't .

City look far more fragile this season than they have been the past three years and that could play into Liverpool's hands no doubt, likewise Real Madrid for that matter from a continental point of view. They look particularly vulnerable during turnovers and Haaland looks a little out of sorts, looked very predictable against Arsenal and they dealt with him particularly well. 

I said at the beginning of the season that Liverpool would be the biggest contenders to City, never got strung up on Arsenals arrogance and hype. It looks like it will go down to the wire, really looking forward to it.
Sponsored Links

JUICEBOMB View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JUICEBOMB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2024 at 11:32pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

A thing with City this season I find is that you always find defenders who have no creativity in good attacking positions a lot of the time, the likes of Akanji, Walker or Gvardiol aren't going to open up a defence. 

Gvardiol probably had his best game of the season so far today mind you. 

Silva isn't firing on all cylinders either. Wheres Oscar Bobb gone, scored a great goal at Newcastle and barely featured since. Foden has carried the team truth be told in a creative/attacking sense for most of this season. 

Just saw the run ins there, Liverpool have a run of 3 away games in a row - Everton, Fulham and West Ham, followed by Spurs at home and Villa away. Interesting run of fixtures. 

I still expect City to drop more points. They aren't capable of going on a long winning run this season. 

Not really bothered about Arsenal's run in to be honest 

Yeah true about the defenders in good positions.i think the shape is all wrong….city where flying when foden was through the middle,KDB comes back and he’s kicked out to the wing and less effective.doku’s best game of the season was through the middle v Newcastle in the cup,I’d of stuck him there v arsenal.

Think there’s a bit of fatigue in this city team and possibly a little bit of the hunger has gone after last season,that coupled with the signings not hitting the ground running has significantly weaked the squad 
hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard
nirvana2024 View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nirvana2024 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2024 at 8:40pm
Giles mentioned on the stand today that McCalister doesn't get on the ball enough . I don't if what Giles is saying true . As the city game in particular McCalister was getting on the ball plenty and was Liverpool's best player .

I wonder at Giles age could he be mixing McCalister up with someone else.
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2024 at 11:02pm

Giles mentioned on the stand today that McCalister doesn't get on the ball enough . I don't if what Giles is saying true . As the city game in particular McCalister was getting on the ball plenty and was Liverpool's best player .

Could be mixing him up with the Argentinian lad Alexis Mac Allister.
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2024 at 7:15am
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Could be mixing him up with the Argentinian lad Alexis Mac Allister.
LOL
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
nirvana2024 View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nirvana2024 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2024 at 9:08pm
Liverpool struggling with Atlanata . It's hard to see them winning the premier league
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2024 at 10:11pm
In a way it isn’t that big a surprise a result like that 

In a lot of their home games they’ve conceded first and gone on to give up a few more chances before coming back to win. Can’t keep doing that 
Shocking defending and goalkeeping there tonight 
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2024 at 10:11pm

Liverpool struggling with Atlanata . It's hard to see them winning the premier league

Yeah can’t see Atalanta winning it 
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2024 at 10:13pm
Wow.  Only just saw the scoreline.   WTF happened?

Been saying it for ages.  Liverpool won't win the league and now not the Europa due to the added pressure of Klopps last season and also too many kids.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2024 at 10:14pm
Although I didn’t see the entire game, I felt Liverpool looked complacent right from the start. They could still turn it around but at this stage Klopp might just write the second leg off to concentrate on the league.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2024 at 10:51pm
Meh im not all that surprised Atalanta beat them. They are a good attacking side to watch and have been for a good few years now. Gasperini has done a tremendous job there. He would be a great appointment for us. Obviously hypothetical speaking.
I love beer gardens
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2024 at 8:26am
Agreed on all of the above. 

Atalanta are a very good side and when I saw the starting 11 - I left that Klopp underestimated them. Atalanta were clinical and scored some excellent goals. Liverpool toothless in front of goal again with Nunez once again being the biggest cuprit.

Good to see Jota back.

They could still turn it around though.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2024 at 6:34pm
Atalanta did to Liverpool what Liverpool do to a lot of teams swarmed them and stopped them from playing. Was a great performance from Atalanta. 

The Europa League is good for getting rid of the top tier teams in the quarters and semi finals stages.
It would damage this forums' reputation
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2024 at 2:21pm
Liverpool an absolute shambles here
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
irish_major View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
Bookie Slayer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irish_major Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2024 at 4:02pm
LOLLOLLOL
Here we go again
counterlock View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote counterlock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2024 at 4:17pm
If Nunez dressed up as professional footballer for Halloween he wouldn't be convincing LOL
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2024 at 4:19pm
Ker-plopp
It would damage this forums' reputation
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 145214531454
  Share Topic