You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Losing Weight

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 131132133
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2024 at 11:55am
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

Currently on my second sausage bap of the day Clap

Athlete Clap
Deane View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2024 at 12:06pm
I've done everything from OMAD to Keto. They all work and results are fast but the second you return to a normal diet you will pile on weight.

For best results make small changes weekly that you can maintain longterm. 
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2024 at 1:12pm
3rd gym session of the week and 1 day less drinking the past week. Starting to tip balance in the right direction Big smile.

Put on 8kg since summer Embarrassed
Deane View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2024 at 1:17pm
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

3rd gym session of the week and 1 day less drinking the past week. Starting to tip balance in the right direction Big smile.

Fair play to you cutting down to 6 days drinking a week. LOL
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2024 at 1:34pm

That's nearly 18 pounds. 

You were in decent nick when you were in Greece anyway Heart
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
BabbsBalls View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2024 at 2:06pm
Originally posted by Deane Deane wrote:

I've done everything from OMAD to Keto. They all work and results are fast but the second you return to a normal diet you will pile on weight.

For best results make small changes weekly that you can maintain longterm. 

The keto is unreal for energy levels but didn't think it was sustainable. Planning and preparing meals took far too much time as well. Can definitely see the benefits of a high (good) fats diet.
l hear you are a racist now, father ?
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2024 at 3:10pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

That's nearly 18 pounds. 

You were in decent nick when you were in Greece anyway Heart

Cheers ha.
I balloon when I take the foot off the pedal.  Also for me it's definitely a case off one positive thing feeds the other pr one negative things feeds the other, I.e. when I'm going to the gym regularly then I get into it and watch the diet better, whereas when I'm not in a rhythm with exercise then i also get my bad sh*t into me with the mindset of "ah ill work it off when I get back into it". 

Max Power View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
A.K.A. Mod Powers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Max Power Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2024 at 11:32pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Originally posted by MayoMark MayoMark wrote:

It can be awful demoralising when you think you're doing everything right and nothing seems to work.

For me now it's worked twice. Pre and post Christmas, with no exercise really. Off sugar and ultra processed food where possible. Not totally mind. There's a book I mentioned before called ultra processed people and it's very, very good. Audiobook for me as I spend a lot of time in the car. 

I double up with intermittent fasting too which is easy for me as I don't have breakfast anyways. So I will go 16-20 hours without eating.

Lunch everyday for me is porridge, loaded with flax seed, raisins, cinnamon and left overnight. Really filling and nice. Then dinner in the evening when I go home and that's me done. 

Main thing for me is I'm not ravenous as I will get narky. No point doing something unsustainable/ Lesson for me is to cop the f**k on over Christmas!

I like snacking.  Have to have something with a cup of tea be it a small fun size finger of Twix or a biscuit or a bit of cheese with brown bread.  

My diet to me seems reasonable.

Breakfast:  bran flakes followed by 2 boiled eggs and maybe one silce of brown bread.

Mid morning:  Tea and biscuit

Lunch: Sandwich e.g. chicken (no mayo or salad etc)

Dinner:  Whatever followed by tea and a little chocolate or small treat 

Evening:  Tea with a biscuit or cheese small portion.  Just a mouthful.

Before bed:  Bowl bran flakes.

Life would be miserable if I had no chocolate. Not worth giving it up.  Like it doesnt seem too bad to me what I'm eating.  Its not like I'm pigging out on dominis pizza and coke most nights.  Would only rarely have a takeaway. 

This is suspiciously similar to what Foden1981 has for his dinner I’m led to believe 
Co-Founder of The Paul McShane Fan Club, Portmarnock Branch
E2016 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote E2016 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2024 at 2:56pm
By the way I'm happy to work out TDEE's for people if they want and are curious.

Basically doing what lads on Instagram or online coaches will do for you, for free.
Max Power View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
A.K.A. Mod Powers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Max Power Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2024 at 3:23pm
Excuse my ignorance but what exactly is an TDEE, I see by looking on google it’s kind of like a calorie deficit calculator but if you were to do one up for me what would it entail? 
Co-Founder of The Paul McShane Fan Club, Portmarnock Branch
E2016 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote E2016 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2024 at 3:41pm
Originally posted by Max Power Max Power wrote:

Excuse my ignorance but what exactly is an TDEE, I see by looking on google it’s kind of like a calorie deficit calculator but if you were to do one up for me what would it entail? 

TDEE stands for Total Daily Energy Expenditure.

It's basically the number of calories you burn in a day (or the total energy you use in a day). 

The number I give will be somewhat accurate but for true accuracy you would want to test it out over a 1-2 week period. 

Once we know your TDEE, we can use this information to create a calorie deficit to help you lose weight, to know what you can eat and not gain or lose weight, or to gain weight if you wanted to put on size.

To do it I'd need weight, height, rough age (within 5 years will be fine), job (as in desk job or something on your feet), activity level. 

PM if you want. Typically the more info the better. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 131132133
  Share Topic