Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Shelbourne

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 161718
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
You'll always be Gazsh to me.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2024 at 9:56am
Originally posted by Double Maxim Double Maxim wrote:

Still very much early days this season but what a job the Duffer is doing.

He has us so well drilled. Every player knows exactly what they should be doing and we are very compact. Like the last 2 seasons, we're slow to get going when we have possession but that has improved as the season went on both times. The big difference this season is we're getting points on the board whereas we were drawing/losing these games in previous years.

I'll lap this up while it lasts. So many years in the wilderness of the 1st division playing in front of small crowds. It's just great to have a squad of players there who completely buy in to what the manager wants, no journeymen or bad apples from what I can see. Great start to the season
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday
Sponsored Links

Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2024 at 10:06am
Originally posted by Gaz Gaz wrote:

He has us so well drilled. Every player knows exactly what they should be doing and we are very compact. Like the last 2 seasons, we're slow to get going when we have possession but that has improved as the season went on both times. The big difference this season is we're getting points on the board whereas we were drawing/losing these games in previous years.

I'll lap this up while it lasts. So many years in the wilderness of the 1st division playing in front of small crowds. It's just great to have a squad of players there who completely buy in to what the manager wants, no journeymen or bad apples from what I can see. Great start to the season
Joey O'Brien has a big impact on sorting out the defence. Are a very difficult team to peg back when they get a lead in match. Getting excellent crowds too...where did they come from ?
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
Gaz View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
You'll always be Gazsh to me.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2024 at 11:41am
Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

Originally posted by Gaz Gaz wrote:

Joey O'Brien has a big impact on sorting out the defence. Are a very difficult team to peg back when they get a lead in match. Getting excellent crowds too...where did they come from ?

There has always been a hardcore base of fans there. Averages have been 600-1k in the 1st division throughout the bleak years (with close to zero away fans for a lot of games coming to Tolka). Then in 2019 the new owners came in and completely revamped everything. Young manager (Ian Morris) and young CEO (Dave O'Connor) brought in, and the club massively improved their social media presence, presence in the local community, affiliate links with local clubs, good sponsorships and partnerships etc. That brought through more crowds, along with winning the 1st division. 

Then post COVID it has exploded (like it has for lots of other clubs). Getting back in to the Premier has massively boosted the clubs profile, added to that the Cup final 2 years ago, Duffer at the helm drawing attention from the public, getting in to Europe etc. I read somewhere that we've close to 2k season ticket holders now which is fantastic

They've capitalised from the huge surge in interest from people in the LOI in general, and with the Duff factor as well, plus improved performances, the Save Tolka Park campaign etc it has been the perfect storm really. It's great to see and long may it continue. In all my years going to Shels this is by far the best feeling around the club I've noticed. Back in the early 2000's with the success in Europe, league wins etc, you could just sense the bubble was going to burst at some stage, and hopefully that's not the case anymore

Edited by Gaz - 11 Mar 2024 at 12:15pm
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2024 at 8:26pm
2 more for Moylan in first 25 mins tonight 
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2024 at 8:31pm
Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

2 more for Moylan in first 25 mins tonight 

Eye seen that. Always liked the look of Moylan. Hopefully he can keep that form going now. Maybe Lincoln can sneak into the playoffs.
I love beer gardens
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 161718
  Share Topic