You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

James McClean

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 463464465
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fitz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 hours 3 minutes ago at 1:21am
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Originally posted by ShamtheRam ShamtheRam wrote:

McCleans a clown. The way he talks you'd swear he's the second coming of Pele. 

Toddle off into retirement and stay there.

Is there anyone you do actually like? your suck a moaner.

Leave him alone, the Dundee result upset him 😏
Sponsored Links

Fitz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fitz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 hours 1 minutes ago at 1:23am
Originally posted by Badgersboys9 Badgersboys9 wrote:

Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

If the under 10 that I help out with started giving out about who was wearing number 9 (Shane no goals Long) and who was captain and that you were taken off as part of a double sub, they would not get much sympathy and that’s bloody 9 year olds.  McClean is acting like a big baby by bringing this up in an interview (even if he was asked about it). The man has no sense of diplomacy or cop on that you don’t always have to say what’s on the top of your head or what your emotions feel like.  It’s ok to keep your counsel sometimes and just keep it within your family.
They all do. Sure Kenny rocked up to an interview with a f*cking graph, talked about Klopp and "what a winner is?", how he evolved how Ireland played, playing out from the back with confidence, how much of a good place he's left Irish football in and how he he didn't deserve the criticism and people just wanted to damage his reputation etc, etc. All while keeping a straight face and not showing one ounce of contrition for the sh*tshow he overseen.

I'd take much more issue with that than James McClean saying he wasn't  happy being left out of a squad.

Hear, f**king hear! ClapClap
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 hours 20 minutes ago at 2:04am
Totally missed this. Jesus he comes across terribly. Really petty and lacking class. 

Andy is spot on with his post. Best on the matter so far. 

Thinking you're entitled to captain your country, regardless of what game it is, is a little bit much for me
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 hours 55 minutes ago at 2:29am
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

Ffs he got his 100 cap against Gibraltar, captained the team then for the occasion, got a special presentation from the president. 

Forgot about that.  LOL
It would damage this forums' reputation
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 hours 27 minutes ago at 4:57am

Ffs he got his 100 cap against Gibraltar, captained the team then for the occasion, got a special presentation from the president. He probably should have stepped away at that time. 

By the time New Zealand rolled around it was like he was on a goodbye tour. 

Don't know too many players who got that much attention given to them as they wound down. 

To pick at a couple of little items that were not perfect in his eyes is very childish in opinion. 

100%. 

They way he’s going on, you’d swear none of this happened. 

A bit disappointing from a great servant.

An air of entitlement off his comments and his comments around returning to Derry in whatever capacity he seems to think he can choose.

Edited by The Huntacha - 12 hours 27 minutes ago at 4:57am
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Wheelo View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wheelo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 hours 15 minutes ago at 7:09am
Originally posted by Artie Ziff Artie Ziff wrote:

Ffs he got his 100 cap against Gibraltar, captained the team then for the occasion, got a special presentation from the president. 

Forgot about that.  LOL

Me too - which makes mccleans comments even more pathetic 
"Not surprised you are anti foreigner in your so called Kip of a town when you don’t want a manager because he is Swedish and you want big Sam in charge" - a fine post from a fine ybig poster
razzmatazaz View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote razzmatazaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 7 hours 37 minutes ago at 9:47am
Didn't McClean say he has autism? If he is somewhere on the spectrum it could explain his lack of filter on certain things. It's probably benefited him in some ways re: the laser focus on training and staying fit but this fixation on certain things would be the opposite.
I will be in the bar
With my head on the bar
I am now a central part
Of your mind's landscape
Whether you care or do not
nice triangles View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nice triangles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 7 hours 36 minutes ago at 9:48am
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Ffs he got his 100 cap against Gibraltar, captained the team then for the occasion, got a special presentation from the president. He probably should have stepped away at that time. 

By the time New Zealand rolled around it was like he was on a goodbye tour. 

Don't know too many players who got that much attention given to them as they wound down. 

To pick at a couple of little items that were not perfect in his eyes is very childish in opinion. 

100%. 

They way he’s going on, you’d swear none of this happened. 

A bit disappointing from a great servant.

An air of entitlement off his comments and his comments around returning to Derry in whatever capacity he seems to think he can choose.
This phrase is constantly used for lads that get picked a lot, how are they a "servant", its a massive honour, one that most here would give their left arm for - they also get paid every time they get picked. You'd swear he was heading out into the trenches of a war the way some people are going on.
He had the good fortune that his professional career coincided with a particularly low ebb for Irish football so he could amass the huge amount of caps. It also boosts their profile for the agent to enable to sell them better etc.
They often say never meet your heroes, sometimes it could be extended to never hear the speak either.  
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 7 hours 32 minutes ago at 9:52am
Whatever about players being servants I always laugh when fans regret to themselves as servants by going on holidays to Ireland games 😅😅😅 international service 😀😀
AKA pedantic kunt
nice triangles View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nice triangles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 7 hours 26 minutes ago at 9:58am

Whatever about players being servants I always laugh when fans regret to themselves as servants by going on holidays to Ireland games 😅😅😅 international service 😀😀
LOLLOLLOLLOL

On the lash for 3 days ....."International Duty Sir"" LOL
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 7 hours 23 minutes ago at 10:01am
In fairness to JMC he metaphorically crawled over hot coals and broken glass to play for Ireland. In an era where there is a “take it or leave it” vibe to international football, McClean put in the hard yards every time.
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 7 hours 2 minutes ago at 10:22am
Originally posted by nice triangles nice triangles wrote:

LOLLOLLOLLOL

I'd often be on a flight back after three days of international duty feeling like I had been in several wars, mainly with myself!
Godzilla View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Godzilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 6 hours 50 minutes ago at 10:34am
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

LOLLOLLOLLOL

I'd often be on a flight back after three days of international duty feeling like I had been in several wars, mainly with myself!

And all on The FAI's dime as a sleeper agent! You live the good life, Borussia.
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 6 hours 40 minutes ago at 10:44am
We need an honours system like the Brits to reward this level of service.  

Sir Shipwrecked

Sir Malachy 

Sir Henry Sellers.  
AKA pedantic kunt
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 6 hours 24 minutes ago at 11:00am
Originally posted by Godzilla Godzilla wrote:

Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

LOLLOLLOLLOL

And all on The FAI's dime as a sleeper agent! You live the good life, Borussia.
I know - It's all part of keeping my cover intact. That's why you see me on the early Ryanair flights as opposed to the expensive flights at more sociable hours!
As an aside, do you know how hard it is to try and get away with asking for receipts for beer on away trips without getting caught by anybody else? Needs must for my expenses report to the FAI....
razzmatazaz View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote razzmatazaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 6 hours 22 minutes ago at 11:02am

We need an honours system like the Brits to reward this level of service.  

Sir Shipwrecked

Sir Malachy 

Sir Henry Sellers.  

Sir Aaron Norman Clive Heckingbottom Winthrop Laszlo Herbert Chapman Connolly OBE

Sir Ryan Nicholas Peacock Elizabeth Taylor Burton MacIntosh Hapgood Manning MBE
I will be in the bar
With my head on the bar
I am now a central part
Of your mind's landscape
Whether you care or do not
Fitz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fitz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 3 hours 2 minutes ago at 2:22pm
Originally posted by razzmatazaz razzmatazaz wrote:

Didn't McClean say he has autism? If he is somewhere on the spectrum it could explain his lack of filter on certain things. It's probably benefited him in some ways re: the laser focus on training and staying fit but this fixation
 on certain things would be the opposite.

Glad someone mentioned that. It’s bound to be a factor in certain things with Jamesie.
Jimmy Raggatip View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimmy Raggatip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2 hours 38 minutes ago at 2:46pm
Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

In fairness to JMC he metaphorically crawled over hot coals and broken glass to play for Ireland. In an era where there is a “take it or leave it” vibe to international football, McClean put in the hard yards every time.

Except, when he actually quit playing for the national team

IMO this is very precious stuff from wee James
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 463464465
  Share Topic