You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Champions League

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Absolutely Use Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Champions League
    Posted: 05 Aug 2011 at 5:32am
Tough draw for Arsenal, Udinese were one of the teams they would have wanted tp avoid
Say nothing till you hear more
Sponsored Links

heyirish View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heyirish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2011 at 5:44am
probably the team they most wanted to avoid but with sanchez gone they will probably be a lot weaker.
karl pilkington to doctor when getting prostate examined: jesus thats high up that is, fcuking hell, right you're touching a lung now
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2011 at 5:47am
The draw in full:

League route
Odense
Villarreal
Twente  Benfica
Arsenal Udinese
Lyon Rubin Kazan 
Bayern Munich Zurich

Champions route

Wisla Krakow APOEL
Maccabi Haifa
Genk
Dinamo Zagreb Malmo
BATE Sturm Graz
Copenhagen Viktoria Plzen
Landon Donovan View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Sheldon Cooper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Landon Donovan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2011 at 5:57am
Though draw for Lyon. I would imagine Arsenal will advance.
Irish Times Fantasy 6 Nations

League Name: YBIG League
Password: YBIG
Vivakenbarlow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivakenbarlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2011 at 5:59am
Arsenal should do enough- second leg away though
It took City 44 years to win the league and 10 months to lose it
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2011 at 6:00am
I like the way they divide the the draw into a 'League Route' and a 'Champions Route'. The more champions in the Champions League the better. Thumbs Up
KrisMorrisKross View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KrisMorrisKross Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2011 at 6:03am
Tough start to the season for the arse. Newcastle, Udinese, liverpool, Udinese, Manchester United. Wenger, Van Persie and Nasri all banned for the first leg. If Fabregas is still there he would be cup-tied for group stages if he moved to Barca, same for Nasri if he was to move. Obviously they won't have to face Alexis Sanchez who was one of the reasons Udinese made it into the competition
Back o' the Net !
PhilliyK View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Granny Grabber

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhilliyK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2011 at 7:25am
Udinese have lost a few players over the summer so are probably a handy enough draw for Arsenal & would say them and Zurich would have been who they were looking to draw.
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2011 at 7:32am
Wenger might rest players for the Liverpool match now seeing as it is sandwiched between CL games Smile. Hope the Arse can get through anyway
jamo1 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamo1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2011 at 11:41am
Originally posted by Devrozex Devrozex wrote:

I like the way they divide the the draw into a 'League Route' and a 'Champions Route'. The more champions in the Champions League the better. Thumbs Up
+1Clap
Del Boy: You do know what a pyscopath is dont you Grandad

Grandad: Of course i know what a Pyscopath is, its a fella who dresses up in womens clothes.

Siralex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Poor Man's Duncan Castles

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Siralex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2011 at 11:53am
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

Wenger might rest players for the Liverpool match now seeing as it is sandwiched between CL games Smile. Hope the Arse can get through anyway

I like the way you think TR...

Your club should always come in to your thinking first!  All your football thinking should be based around 'Does this suit my club.'

That contradicts a discussion going on in another thread here about Celtic and Rangers with regards Celtic possibly benefitting from Rangers winning last night in the long term. Of course Celtic fans should have wnated Rangers to win last night because it guarantees Celtic qualification to the Champions League every year....were Celtic fans cheering on Rangers, I bet most weren't.

I guess when you are a Celtic or Rangers fan the whole 'My first thought is to my club' goes out the window.  Fans of those clubs hate the other just as much, if not more, than they love their own club.  It's odd, but it makes football in Scotland unique...that rivalry is fascinating, but goes way over the line for the most part.

If I keep writing enough hagiographic articles on Man Utd, they might give me a job
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic