You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

PROUD

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yapster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2011 at 3:19pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Originally posted by GoneToShowgies GoneToShowgies wrote:

Poor performance but proud all the same.

My only worry is that Trap would think there isint a need to change the team too much now. If we gave the ball away that much against a decent team we'd be in serious trouble.

Not having a go GTS at all here, but just would like to know in what way do you think it was a poor performance? I mean in my opinion you dont have to dominate a team for 90 mins for it to be a good performance.  We got lucky with the goals and we got them early but who cares? We got the goals we needed and so the rest of the match was about keeping it solid, not taking foolish risks, and closing out the game which I thought we did apart from the penalty which was caused by poor defensive play by O'Dea who played a stupid pass out of defence. I thought O'Dea, Kilbane and O'Shea were poor tbh, but the rest of the lads played quite well I thought. Given, Keane, McGeady, Hunt all did well to be fair and we seemed to pass the ball well I thought and kept the ball which killed their momentum. Its very unusual to go to eastern europe and dominate a team fuelled by passionate fans in a foreign environment. They had given up at 80mins.  I couldnt give a rats ass what Giles and Dunphy say. Nobody predicted a 2-0 win for us. It was a great result and a decent performance. 

Good result but the performance was garbage.
Sponsored Links

Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2011 at 3:24pm
Originally posted by yapster yapster wrote:

Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Originally posted by GoneToShowgies GoneToShowgies wrote:

Poor performance but proud all the same.

My only worry is that Trap would think there isint a need to change the team too much now. If we gave the ball away that much against a decent team we'd be in serious trouble.

Not having a go GTS at all here, but just would like to know in what way do you think it was a poor performance? I mean in my opinion you dont have to dominate a team for 90 mins for it to be a good performance.  We got lucky with the goals and we got them early but who cares? We got the goals we needed and so the rest of the match was about keeping it solid, not taking foolish risks, and closing out the game which I thought we did apart from the penalty which was caused by poor defensive play by O'Dea who played a stupid pass out of defence. I thought O'Dea, Kilbane and O'Shea were poor tbh, but the rest of the lads played quite well I thought. Given, Keane, McGeady, Hunt all did well to be fair and we seemed to pass the ball well I thought and kept the ball which killed their momentum. Its very unusual to go to eastern europe and dominate a team fuelled by passionate fans in a foreign environment. They had given up at 80mins.  I couldnt give a rats ass what Giles and Dunphy say. Nobody predicted a 2-0 win for us. It was a great result and a decent performance. 

Good result but the performance was garbage.

In what way? I didnt see all this stray passing that the RTE panel were on about. You'd swear Giles had never passed the ball inaccurately in his life.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
yapster View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yapster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2011 at 9:00pm
The standard of football in the British Isles now is garbage tbh. There is no technique & everything is hoof the ball forward. Algeria showed up England in the last WC with their technique.  Watching Barca play at Wembley last week made one glad to be alive really. 
scottyccfc View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scottyccfc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2011 at 4:15am
Oh Great Tuff Paddy is back, thought you were gone for good!

Has Jamie O'Hara made up his mind yet?
Is James McCarthy dedicated?
Where is Robbie going next?
SO many questions and such little time LOL

Edited by scottyccfc - 06 Jun 2011 at 4:16am
Hometown football, cant beat the feeling...
el2nz View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote el2nz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2011 at 6:59am
Great result and so happy with the performance, we were comfortable. When was the last time we played out a last 10 minutes like that? I still have fingernails.
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2011 at 7:01am
Originally posted by scottyccfc scottyccfc wrote:

Gobsh*te Clown (and I mean you Scotty )
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
scottyccfc View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scottyccfc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2011 at 7:53am
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Originally posted by scottyccfc scottyccfc wrote:

Gobsh*te Clown (and I mean you Scotty )
LOLLOL
Hometown football, cant beat the feeling...
Trapcandoit View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trapcandoit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2011 at 8:57am
Originally posted by Honey Monster Honey Monster wrote:

Originally posted by FREEWHEELER FREEWHEELER wrote:

Well done Tuff, yeah I'm proud tonight.  Given the injuries (real), the injuries (alleged) and the other pathetic pullouts, the fact that it was their first game in a new Stadium, the fact that we had  a totally revamped back 4 (which was admittely very ropey 1st half), the fact that only Holland and Russia have won there in the last 4 years, I am ecstatic tonight.  And very proud.

Shocked Jesus didn’t know that. That’s an incredible stat. Proud to say the very least.

ClapLikewise
5 goals to go Robbie!
danny10tot View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote danny10tot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2011 at 11:07am
it's ridiculous of the rte panel to compare our passing with the barcelona team (from the previous week). i hate losing the ball from misplaced passes however the record books will say we won and not how many passes we completed. 

Proud is a fitting thread headline. SO happy (and proud) of the result, pre match i would av taken a last minute deflection off mcshanes mickey out there with the players we were missing and the fact that its a tough place to go to! but to win 2-0 is a fantastic way to be going into the slovakia game. 
I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered.

George Best
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2011 at 12:47pm
Im sure some of you can relate to this , like listening to sh*t everyday about how bad , crap and shocking the Irish football team are when its brought among friends and the likes!! We believe in the lads thats the difference between bandwagoners and the real fans Clap  As real fans we get pumped up for every game , we get nervous , we've shed tears , we've been happy , we've been sad and we've hit unreal highs over great victorys!! But you know as real fans im sure we would take all the grief in the world just for the love of our team and country , a win in Macedonia considering the injury's and absentee's we had made me as proud as ive ever been Clap 

So f**k the begrudgers we're going to the Euros Thumbs Up
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
AntrimMan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
YBIG's resident Nordy/London Hipster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AntrimMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2011 at 12:52pm
Well said Green Devil ! Anyone that really supports the team could be seen by the reaction at full time. Absolute elation and sheer pride in a job well done- on the pitch and in the stands
@AntrimMan85
yapster View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yapster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2011 at 3:39pm
Originally posted by AntrimMan AntrimMan wrote:

Well said Green Devil ! Anyone that really supports the team could be seen by the reaction at full time. Absolute elation and sheer pride in a job well done- on the pitch and in the stands

lets wait till we qualify first...
AntrimMan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
YBIG's resident Nordy/London Hipster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AntrimMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2011 at 4:23pm
Alright, we haven't qualified or secured a playoff, but this was a great result. Take it as such.
@AntrimMan85
yapster View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yapster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2011 at 4:44pm

Alright, we haven't qualified or secured a playoff, but this was a great result. Take it as such.

A good 3 points away from home it must be said
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2011 at 4:47pm

Well said yapster Clap
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
n.iron View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote n.iron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2011 at 4:48pm

Very good three points indeed.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic