You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Derry City

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 394041
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2024 at 9:16am
Originally posted by Stickittotheman Stickittotheman wrote:

My only real concern for Derry is that there seems to be a lot of negativity from some fans. A lot are not overly enthused by the style of play. Others are a bit miffed at Paddy McLaughlin's treatment. It's a big season for Higgins. I think he shuts the doubters up this year and would have us as favourites for the league.
We have half a successful Dundalk team from maybe 5 years ago. They are all older and injury prone. I don’t think it will work out. Higgins needs to seriously change his mentality too. Sets up at home to drogheda like we’re playing Barcelona. Rovers win the league last year in second gear. Burns and apparently mceneff back will improve them. Hopefully I’m wrong.
Sponsored Links

doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2024 at 10:30am
Still don't think they will win the league myself.
I love beer gardens
Stickittotheman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stickittotheman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2024 at 7:46pm
Originally posted by King_Kenny King_Kenny wrote:

Originally posted by Stickittotheman Stickittotheman wrote:

My only real concern for Derry is that there seems to be a lot of negativity from some fans. A lot are not overly enthused by the style of play. Others are a bit miffed at Paddy McLaughlin's treatment. It's a big season for Higgins. I think he shuts the doubters up this year and would have us as favourites for the league.
We have half a successful Dundalk team from maybe 5 years ago. They are all older and injury prone. I don’t think it will work out. Higgins needs to seriously change his mentality too. Sets up at home to drogheda like we’re playing Barcelona. Rovers win the league last year in second gear. Burns and apparently mceneff back will improve them. Hopefully I’m wrong.

Best defensive record in the league last season. Lots of 0-0 draws- hopefully Hoban turns those into 1-0 wins. If he gets 10-12 goals even then that would add a good few points to the tally. Rovers going for five in a row so history beckons but that will bring pressure and it is notoriously difficult to keep going year after year plus we don't know how their European football will ultimately go. 
Walters coming back from an offside position but Shane Long was definitely onside- Shane Lonnggggggg.... has done it!!!!
cardwizzard View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cardwizzard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2024 at 1:15pm
Talk of Reynolds on his way back to the Brandy, thought we defo took a negative step after he left last season.

I agree with we have to be more attacking, maybe not attacking but aggressive play on the front foot and try and win games, instead of being happy with the draw. If that's enough to even push Rovers I'd be skeptical but least it's going for it. Window not over yet and another signing  or two would be welcome. 
TBWRA View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TBWRA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2024 at 3:33pm
"The Football Grounds of Europe" about Dalymount that :- "You walk down lanes you'd expect to find a backstreet mechanic only to stumble onto a national stadium steeped in tradition and history"
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2024 at 4:06pm
Originally posted by TBWRA TBWRA wrote:

https://www.derrycityfc.net/2024/02/stadium-work-to-start/

Away end limited to 75 for the season 
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2024 at 4:16pm
It's a pity they have to take away some of the curved stand. Always like the look of it. Would it not have made more sense to build a full stand along the side when they were doing it instead of the piddly one they went with.
I love beer gardens
Saint Tom View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saint Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2024 at 5:50pm
This is a disgrace. Completely unfair on away teams and entirely foreseeable. Selling the entire capacity as season tickets with no provision for exceptional circumstances isn't on. It's not like they couldn't sell them game by game anyway.
My destination inchicore my next stop being kilmainham
Where patriots and super saints are the topics of conversation
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 394041
  Share Topic