You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Good Friday

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2018 at 11:43am
A little less unnecessary state sponsored red-tape.

Fine by me.
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2018 at 11:23am
Derby co v Sunderland live on sky Good Friday evening that should get the pubs packed!
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
corkery View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corkery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2018 at 5:46pm
Originally posted by Double Maxim Double Maxim wrote:

Derby co v Sunderland live on sky Good Friday evening that should get the pubs packed!

No.
'The younger generation as in 17 -25 are certainly gayer than their predecessors. I think they may cause the extinction of the human race with their activities.'- Baldrick
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2018 at 6:23pm
With the battlecruisers open now it really will be a good friday
darmack View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darmack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2018 at 1:30pm
People saying that pubs deserve to be closed so they can do some improvements and give the staff a day off...
Last week during the snow days when shops and offices were closed people were staying at home but certain pubs were announcing that they were open. They could have stayed closed but decided to make money off it.
I went to Scholars in Firhouse on the Saturday night and it was busier than Christmas up there. Pubs were raking it in, so they will do the same on Good Friday too.
The dark side.. And the light
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2018 at 1:55pm
Up to the publican if they open or not as it should be any other day.a lot of people work on GF so don't see why bar staff are different, I'd gladly work if I got the day back at a later date.

Proper order the ban on Good Friday is opening is gone too much bowing down to the Catholic Church in this country.
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2018 at 7:25pm
Originally posted by rossieman rossieman wrote:

Proper order the ban on Good Friday is opening is gone too much bowing down to the Catholic Church in this country.
Sssssshhhhhh, don't the crowd I work for, I like my Good Friday's off!
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2018 at 7:29pm
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

I can see our place opening GF soon enough but we will be given the day as annual leave instead. I'd be happy with that.
corkery View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corkery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2018 at 8:46pm
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

Me too. I like my four day weekend.
'The younger generation as in 17 -25 are certainly gayer than their predecessors. I think they may cause the extinction of the human race with their activities.'- Baldrick
Gigibongi33 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gigibongi33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2018 at 11:16am
Slatterys are donating all the money they make on Good Friday to charity. They plan to split the money between Harold’s Cross & Blackrock Hospice Care and the local 4th Port Dodder Sea Scout Group.
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2018 at 11:27am
Originally posted by Gigibongi33 Gigibongi33 wrote:

Slatterys are donating all the money they make on Good Friday to charity. They plan to split the money between Harold’s Cross & Blackrock Hospice Care and the local 4th Port Dodder Sea Scout Group.

Clap
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2018 at 12:41pm
Fair play indeed
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2019 at 3:01pm

Pubs in a Meath village have agreed to stay closed on Good Friday for the second year to mark a 'long-standing tradition'.

The three pubs in Drumconrath will remain shut again this Friday and ignore the legislation which allowed all publicans to legally serve alcohol last year for the first time in 90 years.

What's the craic with the rest of Ireland since the law change?
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2019 at 3:13pm
Originally posted by Double Maxim Double Maxim wrote:

Pubs in a Meath village have agreed to stay closed on Good Friday for the second year to mark a 'long-standing tradition'.

The three pubs in Drumconrath will remain shut again this Friday and ignore the legislation which allowed all publicans to legally serve alcohol last year for the first time in 90 years.

What's the craic with the rest of Ireland since the law change?
Eh a religious tradition, the kids in that sh*thole drumconrath better get out of there as the kiddie fiddlers will be rampant on the day, the best part of the country stuck there 2fingers up at the church on this one thank fck
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic