You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

12.1m euro 2012 ticket applications

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 12.1m euro 2012 ticket applications
    Posted: 02 Apr 2011 at 2:19am

The sale of tickets for the UEFA European Football Championship taking place in Poland and Ukraine between 8 June and 1 July 2012 closed on Thursday 31 March with an impressive total of 12,149,425 ticket requests made by fans worldwide. This is an all-time record for the UEFA European Football Championship and represents an increase of more than 17% from UEFA EURO 2008.

With applications from no fewer than 206 countries worldwide, the demand for the various types of ticket available for UEFA EURO 2012 has exceeded supply for all matches of the final tournament. This means that lotteries will be carried out in order to allocate tickets. The lotteries will be made by UEFA under notary supervision between 19 and 22 April, and successful applicants will be informed via email before the end of April.

Polish and Ukrainian citizens have shown huge interest in purchasing tickets, to such an extent that nearly 88% of the overall requests have originated from the co-host nations. Among other countries with high application numbers, Germany with 2.82%, Russia with 1.16% and Switzerland with 1.00%, reflect the strong desire of their fans to attend UEFA EURO 2012.

only 1.4m tickets went on sale... applied for four follow ireland group tickets and four €30 tickets for four random group matches in case we dont qualify, hope i come out with something now

Sponsored Links

heyirish View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heyirish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2011 at 4:38am
thats a savage number. applied for 3 follow your team tickets as well.....

email by the end of april letting you know whether you were successful or not
karl pilkington to doctor when getting prostate examined: jesus thats high up that is, fcuking hell, right you're touching a lung now
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2011 at 7:42am
Originally posted by heyirish heyirish wrote:

thats a savage number. applied for 3 follow your team tickets as well.....

email by the end of april letting you know whether you were successful or not

draws not til the 22nd, be a long wait!
IrishPride View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IrishPride Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2011 at 8:08am
When the f**k did this happen!! f**k it
Galway Will Win The 2014 Hurling Championship
heyirish View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heyirish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2011 at 8:49am
Originally posted by IrishPride IrishPride wrote:

When the f**k did this happen!! f**k it

i only happened to go on the uefa site last thursday and applied. there wasnt much about it...

the follow your team is good value. 230 for guaranteed tickets to all teh group games for ireland....and dont have to cough up until after the draw next december...if we get thereTongue
karl pilkington to doctor when getting prostate examined: jesus thats high up that is, fcuking hell, right you're touching a lung now
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IrishPride Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2011 at 9:28am
They might be seelin them again the website said. I hope to f**k they are. sh*te advertisin on uefas part but i suppose they didnt need to given the demand. The fai should have said somehtin tho
RogerMilla View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2011 at 10:08am
Purposely never bothered , will take me chances if we qualify
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IrishPride Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2011 at 10:17am
Will prob have to do same milla. I can see it now. Giving blowies to truck drivers in ukranian and polish truck stops just to get me paws on a ticket for the group games!
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2011 at 10:09pm
its the same as the champions league draw every year, hardly anyone knows about it and a load dont apply who would have otherwise!
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2011 at 7:19am
How much would you be talking about for the 8 days out there including flights, hotel and tickets. No doubt the prices of hotels will be inflated. €1,000?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic