You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Macedonia ticket deals

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wheelo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Macedonia ticket deals
    Posted: 21 Mar 2011 at 8:10am

Any of the newspapers doing anything this week for cheap tickets?

My father told us over the weekend that he’s finally giving up the block booking (he’d given up the friendlies a few months ago, and now decided to pack it in altogether cos of the ticket prices not coming down enough)

"Not surprised you are anti foreigner in your so called Kip of a town when you don’t want a manager because he is Swedish and you want big Sam in charge" - a fine post from a fine ybig poster
Sponsored Links

gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2011 at 8:19am
Originally posted by Wheelo Wheelo wrote:

Any of the newspapers doing anything this week for cheap tickets?

My father told us over the weekend that he’s finally giving up the block booking (he’d given up the friendlies a few months ago, and now decided to pack it in altogether cos of the ticket prices not coming down enough)

Only one for Macedonia I'm aware of was the Sun which seems a bit of a mess - you had to collect 4 tokens post them in on Thursday 10th.  So far no credit card charge and no tickets although they did state tickets would only be posted on Wed 23rd.  However I would expect a credit card charge by tomorrow at the very latest.

They had 500 sets of 4 tickets so supposedly for the first 500 applicants but it is run by some 3rd party company so looks like a bit of a mess.  €80 plus €5 postage (assume swiftpost) for a family of 4.

I planned to bring my daughters but now could be looking for a babysitter and need to decide whether to give up my own Macedonia ticket which is more or less promised to someone else. 

With the Star and the Herald you had the option of picking up in Carrolls.

greenarmy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenarmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2011 at 8:20am
The Sun still doing there deal of 4 tickets for €80.

Text FAI to 51000 now to pre book & collect 4 tokens printed in the Sun this week

Bring the 4 tokens + cash to Berkeley Court on Sat and collect your tickets

Edited by greenarmy - 21 Mar 2011 at 8:20am
Wheelo View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wheelo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2011 at 8:38am

Thanks for that! (though if anyone else hears of any other deals, could they post it up please – would rather something handier tbh! Pick up at carrolls during the week would’ve been ideal!)

"Not surprised you are anti foreigner in your so called Kip of a town when you don’t want a manager because he is Swedish and you want big Sam in charge" - a fine post from a fine ybig poster
The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Razor you wanna pint?...2 minutes later

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2011 at 8:41am
FAI talking of scrapping this, bout time
Wheelo View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wheelo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2011 at 8:51am
Originally posted by The GerK The GerK wrote:

While I can see how these deals are unfair on blockbookers, there should be some sort of family package at that price anyway (and not even through a newspaper).

The prices are far too dear for adults anyway. Its ok for the majority of irish fans that don’t bother with the league of Ireland and so only have to pay for a couple of matches a year, but for those that do support the loi, we spend a fortune supporting irish football and following irish clubs every week (match ticket, membership,travel costs,etc), on top of then having to pay ridiculous prices to support our national team on top of that.

I posted on here after my father packed in the friendlies and said id never see him pack in the qualifiers! Cant believe he has now tbh!

gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2011 at 9:00am

You could get kids season tickets at ten euro a game last year.  My daughters are too voung to be out late on school nights though so I'd only bring them on a friday or saturday night.  These newspaper offers are ideal for that.

They do need to be stopped though or only run for friendlies.  The block bookers and season ticket holders do need to be looked after.
gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2011 at 9:04am
Originally posted by greenarmy greenarmy wrote:

The Sun still doing there deal of 4 tickets for €80.

Text FAI to 51000 now to pre book & collect 4 tokens printed in the Sun this week

Bring the 4 tokens + cash to Berkeley Court on Sat and collect your tickets

Any contact details for the company on this?  They were on the original form but you needed to post that.

I'm assuming they will honour all original applications then.
The Count View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Count Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2011 at 10:09am
Originally posted by Wheelo Wheelo wrote:

While I can see how these deals are unfair on blockbookers, there should be some sort of family package at that price anyway (and not even through a newspaper).

The prices are far too dear for adults anyway. Its ok for the majority of irish fans that don’t bother with the league of Ireland and so only have to pay for a couple of matches a year, but for those that do support the loi, we spend a fortune supporting irish football and following irish clubs every week (match ticket, membership,travel costs,etc), on top of then having to pay ridiculous prices to support our national team on top of that.

I posted on here after my father packed in the friendlies and said id never see him pack in the qualifiers! Cant believe he has now tbh!

http://www.ybig.ie/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=28537

Tom Parker View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Parker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2011 at 9:52am
The biggest problem with the ticketing for this game is only selling them as part of a two game package through the most accessible outlets. A good many people will look at it and be put off.
brianie View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brianie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2011 at 1:43pm
Originally posted by gspain gspain wrote:

You could get kids season tickets at ten euro a game last year.  My daughters are too voung to be out late on school nights though so I'd only bring them on a friday or saturday night.  These newspaper offers are ideal for that.

They do need to be stopped though or only run for friendlies.  The block bookers and season ticket holders do need to be looked after.

But not in the SS gs, Have been paying full whack for my young lad and the swipe card i got for him in the post the other day (in my name) is classed as adult?
ITS KEANE YES

YBIG You Can Please some of the People Some of the Time But Not All of The People All of The Time
hassletravel View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hassletravel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2011 at 4:23pm
Originally posted by Tom Parker Tom Parker wrote:

The biggest problem with the ticketing for this game is only selling them as part of a two game package through the most accessible outlets. A good many people will look at it and be put off.

Couldn't agree with you more, I know a few people who wanted to go to Macedonia match but can't afford second match. FAI are putting money before having a good atmosphere at a competitive match, suprise suprise

Edited by hassletravel - 22 Mar 2011 at 4:23pm
why go direct
The Count View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Count Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2011 at 5:36pm
Originally posted by hassletravel hassletravel wrote:

Couldn't agree with you more, I know a few people who wanted to go to Macedonia match but can't afford second match. FAI are putting money before having a good atmosphere at a competitive match, suprise suprise

Buy SS tickets ladsClapClapClap

http://www.ybig.ie/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=28417&PN=1

Tom Parker View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Parker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2011 at 4:50am
Originally posted by The Count The Count wrote:

Buy SS tickets ladsClapClapClaphttp://www.ybig.ie/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=28417&PN=1

I ended up buying a premium ticket - I was on the original list for an SS ticket, but I didn't hear anything and I didn't really want to be getting on the plane without a ticket.

I'll definitely bide my time and wait for the SS next time.
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2011 at 4:53am

Originally posted by The Count The Count wrote:

Buy SS tickets ladsClapClapClaphttp://www.ybig.ie/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=28417&PN=1

I ended up buying a premium ticket - I was on the original list for an SS ticket, but I didn't hear anything and I didn't really want to be getting on the plane without a ticket.

I'll definitely bide my time and wait for the SS next time.
You would have got sorted! Looking like I'll have a spare. Anyway, least you can have pints watching the game and if you come to scruffy's you'll have a bit of craic the SS crew. Don't forget your name badge
DecMalone View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DecMalone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2011 at 7:43am
Originally posted by The GerK The GerK wrote:

Are they - what's the story there?

Had to post after reading this thread and someone saying their father had given up his BB allocation?

Anyway, I am in the same boat. Myself and my Dad have been travelling over from UK since BB started (17 years?) and the decision was made to give up on the BB after the Russia match (not because of!)

The friendlies being tied in with qualifiers may be good business (or not) but has just proved too expensive. I think the BB system should make way for a membership scheme. Keep a season ticket, and an away fans credit system but give members a chance to buy tickets on an ad hoc basis rather than making it compulsory to go to every single friendly.

The FAI need to consult fans on this one. Friendlies (including Nations Cup) should have been sold at a heavily reduced price - may have filled more than a 1/3 of the stadium then

I am a regular viewer on here, posted a few times in past..but had to re-register today, hence debut post again!
hassletravel View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hassletravel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2011 at 8:16am
Is there any spares going for this match
why go direct
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic