You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedRight so who is going to win this mother?

Post Reply Post Reply
Poll Question: Next Euro Champs ?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
5 [45.45%]
1 [9.09%]
1 [9.09%]
4 [36.36%]
This topic is closed, no new votes accepted

Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Right so who is going to win this mother?
    Posted: 23 Jun 2008 at 3:09am
Don't mind who wins it , all have played good football , no negative teams , cant see turkey doing it now though with all the suspensions and with Nihat out.
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
Sponsored Links

McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2008 at 3:17am
I went with Spain but want the Russians to come through and give me a few quid. Hiddink is a magician.
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Honey Monster View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Semi-Pro

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2008 at 3:17am
Spanish for me, however it's very close.

The Turk scum have been ahead in all their matches for a total of 9 minutes....jammy fooks
FREEWHEELER View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
sPICE UP YOUR LIFE Gwan MONROY

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2008 at 4:34am
Russia peaking, gwan Arshavin, fabulous player!  GLASNOST, PAIR OF STRIKERS etc.........
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
billybob View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2008 at 4:47am
Come onnnnnn Turkey. Nice outside bet at 50/1. I compltely disagree with the jammy tag. Have played some decent football and you gotta admire their never say die attitude. Two half time/full times to thank em for but with all injuries/suspensions it might be too much. Other than them id like to see Spain win it
Couldn't pour water out of a boot with instructions on the heel
Tash Kent View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2008 at 6:04am

Germany should beat the Turks who will have half a fit team anyway, will be interesting night in Germany itself with huge Turkish population, potential trouble me thinks.

Spain have best strikers for me so should score more than Russia who don’t know how to defend properly, think it will be an open game not like that sh*te last night.

Be great to see Spain beat Germany in the final but just cant see that happening, Germany have better defence and potential goals from all over the pitch including full back Lahm.

Germany 3 Spain 1 in final

Edited by Tash Kent - 23 Jun 2008 at 6:06am
Philip Greene RTE Radio Legend
10 Seconds Gone Here In Limerick And No Score.
tirchonaill View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2008 at 7:01am
Have to go with Spain as well(v germans), germans wont have the game plan the italians did, so should leave more space for the big guns up front to fire their way to win it, saying that though, the spanish defence will be in for a bigger test too(even against the ruskis)
billybob View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2008 at 7:08am
Originally posted by Tash Kent Tash Kent wrote:

Germany should beat the Turks who will have half a fit team anyway, will be interesting night in Germany itself with huge Turkish population, potential trouble me thinks.

Spain have best strikers for me so should score more than Russia who don’t know how to defend properly, think it will be an open game not like that sh*te last night.

Be great to see Spain beat Germany in the final but just cant see that happening, Germany have better defence and potential goals from all over the pitch including full back Lahm.

I think the Germans are far too weak at the back. Mertesacker and Metzelder have looked shakey all tournament and anybodu with a bit of pace up front should expose them. Lahm and Freidrich are on yelllows so i can see that having an influence over their games also....Lahm is decent but as for the other three??

Couldn't pour water out of a boot with instructions on the heel
Tash Kent View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2008 at 7:22am
Originally posted by billybob billybob wrote:

Originally posted by Tash Kent Tash Kent wrote:

I think the Germans are far too weak at the back. Mertesacker and Metzelder have looked shakey all tournament and anybodu with a bit of pace up front should expose them. Lahm and Freidrich are on yelllows so i can see that having an influence over their games also....Lahm is decent but as for the other three??

Would not be convinced about Spain at the back either with Puyol and Ramos, both look like an accident waiting to happen to me especially the one from Real Madrid.

Good point about the yellow cards for German players but think they both will avoid yellow against the Turks and it makes no difference then.

Philip Greene RTE Radio Legend
10 Seconds Gone Here In Limerick And No Score.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic