Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ryan Giggs

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 91011
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2021 at 11:15am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Didn't realise Giggs had as rough an upbringing until recently when i listened to his brohther on a podcast. His Dad used to beat and cheat on their mum. He told a story of his Dad driving the car one time with one or both of the sons in the back and saw their mum at a bus stop and stopped the car and started to beat her in the street

Was that the 7UP Beat on the Street?
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Sponsored Links

t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2022 at 5:40pm
What are yous making of the evidence in the trial so far? 

Think as a juror I would be a little sceptical about the character of the accuser. For example, not letting police into her icloud and only allowing access to certain messages.

Defence could counter everything said so far as mostly "not a criminal offence" or "your word (and sisters) against his".

Obviously only my own opinion based on the information being released.

Edited by t_rAndy - 10 Aug 2022 at 5:43pm
EdisonCavani View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EdisonCavani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2022 at 11:44am
He is accused of assault as the most serious charge. If there is good evidence he did assault her and her sister then her character, sexual preferences etc are not going to much good for him as a defence.
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2022 at 12:32pm
Anyone think he will be jailed ? 
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2022 at 12:35pm
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Anyone think he will be jailed ? 
No idea as I'm not in the court. 
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2022 at 1:15pm
Originally posted by EdisonCavani EdisonCavani wrote:

He is accused of assault as the most serious charge. If there is good evidence he did assault her and her sister then her character, sexual preferences etc are not going to much good for him as a defence.

Yeah true, if there is obvious evidence of the assault then he would face conviction and some sort of sentence. Not sure if he would see actual jail time. 

If there was evidence, my defense as the accused would be that it happened by mistake during a struggle. Let's see what comes up.
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2022 at 2:27pm
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

Yeah true, if there is obvious evidence of the assault then he would face conviction and some sort of sentence. Not sure if he would see actual jail time. 

If there was evidence, my defense as the accused would be that it happened by mistake during a struggle. Let's see what comes up.

Why are you only putting yourself in the position as the accused.  
AKA pedantic kunt
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2022 at 2:35pm
He'll walk out a free man from what I can see. 
She's picking and choosing what she wants to provide as evidence and telling some people her bruises are sex bruises but the police assault bruises.  
She will be shown by the defense to be a completely unreliable witness.

Early days yet though.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2022 at 3:09pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Why are you only putting yourself in the position as the accused.  

Cause I hate women 
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2022 at 5:05pm
I'd be inclined to give a man that was riding his brother's wife for 8 years the benefit of the doubt here too.
It would damage this forums' reputation
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2022 at 6:50pm
Originally posted by Artie Ziff Artie Ziff wrote:

I'd be inclined to give a man that was riding his brother's wife for 8 years the benefit of the doubt here too.

LOL Yeah I suppose it was a bit rich me questioning the witnesses character.

Ah my thoughts were more around is there enough evidence for conviction and how would you defend against evidence provided so far. 

I do agree with HB, think he might walk unless there is conclusive evidence to the assault. 
Now I would fully expect she comes back with a civil case where the threshold is lower and probably wins there
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2022 at 7:48pm
I haven't read into it in much detail so I don't have a strong opinion on it. But what he was doing to his brother is disgusting, weird and creepy. 

It would damage this forums' reputation
Dalymount79 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dalymount79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2022 at 8:27pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

He'll walk out a free man from what I can see. 
She's picking and choosing what she wants to provide as evidence and telling some people her bruises are sex bruises but the police assault bruises.  
<b>She will be shown by the defense to be a completely unreliable witness.</b>

Early days yet though.
you seem to have decided early days or not and unless you’ve sat through and will continue to sit through the proceedings without prejudice you really haven’t a clue what will or won’t be shown.
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2022 at 4:30pm
Jury fails to reach verdict.
Likely it won't go to trial again one would imagine. Probably will face a civil trial 

Wonder what next for Giggs from a career perspective? I would think still far too tainted to get a top gig at club or international level.
Perhaps on one of the foreign TV stations as a pundit.

Edited by t_rAndy - 31 Aug 2022 at 4:38pm
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2022 at 7:29pm

Likely it won't go to trial again one would imagine. Probably will face a civil trial 

Wonder what next for Giggs from a career perspective? I would think still far too tainted to get a top gig at club or international level.

the crown prosecution service has a week to decide whether to pursue a retrial. should they do so the retrial won't be until next summer.
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2022 at 10:36am

Re-trial confirmed for next year. 
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2022 at 11:01am
A statement from Giggs lawyers has said that ''Ryan wishes to have his privacy respected for now and wishes to continue his new career as a marriage guidance counsellor in peace''
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 91011
  Share Topic