You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Jamie Carragher

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wearside Bhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Jamie Carragher
    Posted: 23 Dec 2010 at 3:03am
On Talksport just then on their review of the papers that JC could be joining the England coaching staff with a view to being groomed as a future England manager. Confused
TJ Doyles,Sunderland probably the best Irish pub in the world.
Sponsored Links

Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2010 at 3:51am
Disapprove
Gavintheslob View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
It’s Nessa actually

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gavintheslob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2010 at 5:25am
yeah jamie has done all the coaching courses and always said he wanted to get into management, dont think i would like his style of football if it is anywhere near like the way he plays hoofing it all over the place
Its very frustrating being a Slob
The Saint View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Saint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2010 at 5:27am
In his book he said he's not as committed to playing for England as a few of the other players
FAIlure

Good shot, lovely ............ oh good jaysus
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2010 at 7:44am
FREEWHEELER View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
sPICE UP YOUR LIFE Gwan MONROY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEWHEELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2010 at 9:55am
I reckon he'll make an excellent manager, is a huge student of the game apparently, watches football till it's coming out his ears.  Brilliant pro.
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2010 at 10:45am
Laughable. An average defender at best whose legs went at 30 and is always good for a penalty.
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2010 at 10:46am
Originally posted by ShamtheRam ShamtheRam wrote:

Laughable. An average defender at best whose legs went at 30 and is always good for a penalty.

Unless it's at Anfield in which case he'll get away with it.
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2010 at 11:41am

And how would this impact on his managerial ability exactly? (BTW, I agree he is well past his best as a player, but as FW said above, great pro who made the most of limited ability)

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2010 at 11:53am
Originally posted by deise316 deise316 wrote:

And how would this impact on his managerial ability exactly? (BTW, I agree he is well past his best as a player, but as FW said above, great pro who made the most of limited ability)

He'd pass it on to his players.
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2010 at 12:41pm

Similar to Big Mick so and he hasnt done too badly as a manager.
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

AndyMc View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndyMc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2010 at 2:12pm
Good players don't always make good managers and vice versa.

Fergie , wenger, mourinho not exactly pele!

Bryan Robson, Johnny Giles, Liam Brady all terrific players who weren't amazing managers...
Simon: No-one brings a bag of sh*t to a pub

Jay: Your dad does

Simon: Does he?

Jay: Yeah, your mum

MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2010 at 2:29pm
Originally posted by FREEWHEELER FREEWHEELER wrote:

I reckon he'll make an excellent manager, is a huge student of the game apparently, watches football till it's coming out his ears.  Brilliant pro.

Spot on FW. Hope he is very successful Terrific pro
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
athlonecelt View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote athlonecelt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2010 at 7:40pm
There were about 7 banners on a fence in Liverpool today. All from the exact same material and from the exact same marker, paint, whatever. Same size writing on each banner (each one representing diff people by the way) all asking Rafa back.
Such a f**king coincidence that all seven writers decided to pick the same fence
with the same size writing
all on white sheets
and they actually all tucked in symmetricaly .....even though there was so much space all round the city to make this symetrical display from the seven different fans that didnt know each other to create a display that is the view of all Lfc fans
but the most important thing is that the tabloids noticed it

And
a Poll said 66 percent of fans wanted him back.

I could start a poll right now on any forum, and within two seconds of my vote it would say this
100 percent of Ireland fans from an online poll think any movie that has anything to do with space is manure

Edited by athlonecelt - 23 Dec 2010 at 7:42pm
Gavintheslob View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
It’s Nessa actually

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gavintheslob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2010 at 9:28am
Originally posted by athlonecelt athlonecelt wrote:

There were about 7 banners on a fence in Liverpool today. All from the exact same material and from the exact same marker, paint, whatever. Same size writing on each banner (each one representing diff people by the way) all asking Rafa back.
Such a f**king coincidence that all seven writers decided to pick the same fence

with the same size writing

all on white sheets

and they actually all tucked in symmetricaly .....even though there was so much space all round the city to make this symetrical display from the seven different fans that didnt know each other to create a display that is the view of all Lfc fans

but the most important thing is that the tabloids noticed it

And

a Poll said 66 percent of fans wanted him back.

I could start a poll right now on any forum, and within two seconds of my vote it would say this

100 percent of Ireland fans from an online poll think any movie that has anything to do with space is manure

I would lose it if rafa came back, 5 years i was moaning about him, i couldnt deal with him again
Its very frustrating being a Slob
irelandshirts View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
I love Ireland jerseys

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandshirts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2010 at 11:23am

great player,and a real liverpool hero and by all accounts a good man.

as regard to managing you just never know.the game is full of ex players who were great players in their day and  their name gets them a managers job.then they become managers and it does not really work out.

only a small point but a lot of ex players from years ago HAD to manage/coach as their wages over the years never made them financially secure.there drive to succeed was driven by a real desire to earn a wage.sir alex and arsene wenger are two modern managers who needed to work.

any current player has no need to go into management to earn a crust and it could be argued that the reason they do it is that its all they know and there ego loves it.and the fall back if you slack off is your millions in the bank!!if i had roy keanes money i wouldnt be spending my mid 30s wadeing thru ipswich down.id be travelling the world with the wife and kids and playing gold and collecting shirts!!

will there ever be another paisley/busby/shankley/ferguson/wenger/clough??in my opinion there wont.
WWW.IRELANDSOCCERSHIRTS.COM

The Boy Z View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Boy Z Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2010 at 12:31pm
Very average player for a long time but I think he has a good understanding of the game and will make a good manager.
Theres only one sport that matters..
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic