Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Man U. takeover

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Poor Man's Duncan Castles

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Siralex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2010 at 9:29am
Are you saying United aren't doing well on the pitch?  Seriously?

can I just inform you - cos obviously you aren't aware - that manchester United were one point away from completing four titles in a row in may - that hasn't been done in English League history which is over 130-years old!!!!!! f**k me!  ANd they are strong favourites to win it this year!  And have just set a record in qualifying from their Champions League group.

Also, your argument is based on nothing at all.

Ferguson has said countless times in the last - lt's say two years, shall we - that there is money for him to spend when he wants to......

What more do you want?  This is the brightest time in Manchester United's whole existence and you are saying they are not good enough!

Edited by Siralex - 23 Dec 2010 at 9:30am
Sponsored Links

Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2010 at 10:10am
I'm saying they're not doing as well as they were. And the world and their mother knows why they're strong favourites to win it this year - because all their rivals have capitulated. United have declined since 2008, but their rivals bar Chelsea last year, have declined further. You can whip out your stats on that all you like, but as I said they lost the title last year and if it weren't for a stroke of luck were on they're way to doing the same this year. After winning the title three times in a row like you said, that has to be considered a decline no matter what your beliefs.

And so what if Ferguson has said that? Sure I've said several times over the last two years that I could bang Cheryl Cole...don't make it true though, does it? He's only gonna come out and say he isn't being supported by the owners unless if, like Rafa, he just doesn't want to be there anymore. And given Ferguson's affections for all things Red, I think it's safe enough to assume he'd continue as United manager if they had the devil himself as owner.

Anyways, all this is getting completely away from the two basic points I raised which you have yet to be able to explain in any way. Firstly, why have they spent so little in the past two years if it is not a conscious change in transfer policy? And secondly, why can you not understand how United fans would be frustrated at having to pay more and more for their season tickets each year to facilitate the debt someone else has on their club.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2010 at 10:13am
Originally posted by Devrozex Devrozex wrote:

I'm saying they're not doing as well as they were. And the world and their mother knows why they're strong favourites to win it this year - because all their rivals have capitulated. United have declined since 2008, but their rivals bar Chelsea last year, have declined further. You can whip out your stats on that all you like, but as I said they lost the title last year and if it weren't for a stroke of luck were on they're way to doing the same this year. After winning the title three times in a row like you said, that has to be considered a decline no matter what your beliefs.

And so what if Ferguson has said that? Sure I've said several times over the last two years that I could bang Cheryl Cole...don't make it true though, does it? He's only gonna come out and say he isn't being supported by the owners unless if, like Rafa, he just doesn't want to be there anymore. And given Ferguson's affections for all things Red, I think it's safe enough to assume he'd continue as United manager if they had the devil himself as owner.

Anyways, all this is getting completely away from the two basic points I raised which you have yet to be able to explain in any way. Firstly, why have they spent so little in the past two years if it is not a conscious change in transfer policy? And secondly, why can you not understand how United fans would be frustrated at having to pay more and more for their season tickets each year to facilitate the debt someone else has on their club.

in that case get onto my poll and vote LOL
Siralex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Siralex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2010 at 10:29am
"United have declined since 2008"?  In 2009 they notched 90points in the league and got to another Champions League final...

What the hell are you going on about?

"their rivals, bar Chelsea last year have also declined."  Are you basing this on Liverpool's slump due to a sh*t manager and two crazy owners?  Who else are you referring too?  United's rivals such as Asrenal, Man City, Spurs have all massively improved in the last couple of years!!! 

You are lashing out some nonsense now Dev!!!!

And then you say 'So what if Ferguson says that"....so what if Ferguson says something about the league he has managed in for 25years - are you for f**king real?

And you think United are in decline because they didn't win their fourth title in a row in a season they had 11 injured first-team defenders for a whole month, and dropped points in that month when they normally don't?  ANd you are saying but for a stroke of luck they would be declining again this year?  How does that make any sense.  what the hell are you talking about?

Then you ask me why United have spent so little in the last two years when we all know United have spent e60m in those two years.  I mean, it's just ludicrous to suggest they have spent very little.  e60m is a massive amount of dough to be splashing out.....Christ in hell.  Are you one of these fellas that think Ferguson should spend e50m each summer? Why exactly?  And by the way, the last two or three summers is the most Ferguson has ever gone out and spent - so you're f**king theory is up it's hole.

And yes...I have said many times before that I feel sorry for United fans pried out of going to OT, but I don't think the prices are too expensive, no!  They are 60pe cent cheaper than a match ticket at the Emirates!

Edited by Siralex - 23 Dec 2010 at 10:30am
Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Hail Hail the Celts are here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2010 at 2:09pm
not reading any of the new comments but sir alex what about the 45m you keep banging on about? you havent replied since i said thats only intrst paymesnt and not the actual debt

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS
Siralex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Siralex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2010 at 2:14pm
Hey Shocco - 45mill may currently be the interest but it's the total sum required to be paid annually.  Everyone pays the interest first on a loan.  YOu are probably paying the interest on your mortgage right now, years away from actually getting in to the loan.

I don't see where it makes a difference.  If 45mill is what needs to be paid, then 45mill it is.  WHat does it matter if it's the interest or the loan, it's all the one thing!

How do you know they're still paying the interest.  How much is the interest rate and I'll be able to work it out for you?

btw - You should read the rest of the posts.

Edited by Siralex - 23 Dec 2010 at 2:15pm
Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Hail Hail the Celts are here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2010 at 3:05pm
Originally posted by Siralex Siralex wrote:

Hey Shocco - 45mill may currently be the interest but it's the total sum required to be paid annually.  Everyone pays the interest first on a loan.  YOu are probably paying the interest on your mortgage right now, years away from actually getting in to the loan.

I don't see where it makes a difference.  If 45mill is what needs to be paid, then 45mill it is.  WHat does it matter if it's the interest or the loan, it's all the one thing!

How do you know they're still paying the interest.  How much is the interest rate and I'll be able to work it out for you?

btw - You should read the rest of the posts.

well irstly i dont have a mortgage

the difference is my good chap, the club is paying out 45m a year on intrest of a loan that should never have been there in the first place. thats 45m a year and its not even clearing off the debt. so after the 45m is paid off each year, what have the club got to show for it? a massive f**king debt!! i think you would agree you would rather see the 45m invested in traing facilities, old trafford, youth development, new signing. id rather they paid 45m a year to charity than have to pay off a loan

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic