Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

FIFA World Cup - Qatar 2022

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 152153154
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2022 at 4:27pm
Originally posted by B6 6HE B6 6HE wrote:

But. This constant bashing of Qatar when there are clear and obvious signs of degeneracy on our own doorstep is tiresome.

What’s tiresome is this constant ‘Ireland is a Kip’ nonsense.
Sponsored Links

oldbilly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2022 at 5:02pm
there’s a lot of things need urgent attention just now but the place is hardly falling apart.
Most of the fairly well off people bemoaning the amount of addicts falling about the place all over the city centres are the same gobdaws shoving powder in their noses on nights out too.
No Pasaran!
craiglen View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote craiglen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2022 at 8:26pm
Highest life expectancy in Europe. 
Fan's game record: 5 Caps, 1 goal, 2 assists, 140 km covered
ThrowInDelap View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThrowInDelap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2023 at 1:19pm
Originally posted by ThrowInDelap ThrowInDelap wrote:

Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Is anybody from here actually going to the world cup? 
Just interested to know how anybody going would justify that. 

Yeah I’m heading over for a week, going to four games (meeting Gary over there for an overpriced beer). 

Got tickets in the random ballot, otherwise I wouldn’t be going. 
I don’t think anyone of any intelligence can agree or justify it being in Qatar for the various reasons already stated, it’s just not enough to put me off going to a WC. Different ceilings 
LOL
At least you’re honest I suppose. Would be interested to know what is the threshold if it hasn’t been passed yet. 

You have to be honest man! You can bring morals/ethics to the nth degree. Always wanted to go to a WC, never had the opportunity until now, taking it.  

Rounding back on this, if you can separate the country from the tournament for a moment; 

Tournament was great, really well organised, transport, ticketing, visa etc.. were pretty seamless. Stadiums were great too, Al Bayt in particular. 

Qatar was pretty dull tbh, no giveaways there. Had two days that didn't revolve around going to games, one spent in a pub, and one I went to one of the mega cruise ships in the dock and spent the day there. Any other free day probably would have struggled to find something to do (despite solid research). 

Glad I went anyway, got to the WC and some decent games. 

If time's a drug, then Big Ben is a huge needle injecting it into the sky.
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2023 at 2:14pm
Seamless ticketing? Tell that to the thousands stuck outside at various group games due to ticketing systems failures. 
BabbsBalls View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2023 at 2:56pm
Fair play Johnny.

I doubt there will be as much as a whisper of human rights issues leading up to America's co hosting in 2026. The fact they have the world's largest system of modern day slave labour in place in their prisons won't even get a drop of ink. 
l hear you are a racist now, father ?
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2023 at 2:59pm
Originally posted by BabbsBalls BabbsBalls wrote:

Fair play Johnny.

I doubt there will be as much as a whisper of human rights issues leading up to America's co hosting in 2026. The fact they have the world's largest system of modern day slave labour in place in their prisons won't even get a drop of ink. 

Is that slave labour being used to build the infrastructure for the 2026 world cup ?
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThrowInDelap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2023 at 5:13pm
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Seamless ticketing? Tell that to the thousands stuck outside at various group games due to ticketing systems failures. 

I believe (having been in contact with people over there) there was an issue the first couple of days, but went to 4 games and it was quality. Ticket pinged in the phone when you were about 2k from the stadium. No issues. 
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThrowInDelap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2023 at 5:16pm
Originally posted by BabbsBalls BabbsBalls wrote:

Fair play Johnny.

Quite likely not. Felt like the building site lads had been thrown a tracksuit and made metro employees to help people around. But not a sniff of any negativity. Likewise as you’ve said for the next one . BAU. 
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThrowInDelap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2023 at 5:18pm

Also, now I think of it. The ticketing issue in the first few days was due to Bluetooth, as opposed to actual distribution, which we’ve all been victims of 😀
Ibaraki View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ibaraki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2023 at 7:25pm

I believe (having been in contact with people over there) there was an issue the first couple of days, but went to 4 games and it was quality. Ticket pinged in the phone when you were about 2k from the stadium. No issues. 

No paper tickets anymore? My 94 and 2002 stubs are some of my most prized possession LOL
Roberto_Carlow View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto_Carlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2023 at 7:37pm
I've kept every ticket from every game I've been since around 1999. Love getting them out every few years and having a look through. An end to that now with the digital ticket carry on.
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2023 at 8:07pm
Originally posted by Roberto_Carlow Roberto_Carlow wrote:

I've kept every ticket from every game I've been since around 1999. Love getting them out every few years and having a look through. An end to that now with the digital ticket carry on.
Just save ypur digital tickets in your wallet and print them out every so often
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2023 at 10:50pm
Salt Bae has promised never to come on a pitch at the World Cup again.
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2023 at 11:36pm
Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

That's disgusting.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2023 at 11:39pm

I’d take that with a pinch of salt 
SeaSharp View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeaSharp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2023 at 12:18am
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

That's disgusting.
LOL
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 152153154
  Share Topic